PDA

View Full Version : TX Gov Rick Perry REFUSES To Fight TSA

Napoleon's Shadow
06-16-2011, 03:18 PM
This was just sent out...
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/new_header3.jpg

Why is Texas Governor Rick Perry afraid to stand up to the Obama Administration's TSA now when it really matters?

Well, since Governor Perry fancies himself a national Republican leaders, maybe if you and tens of thousands of Campaign for Liberty activists contact him, he will rediscover his political nerve.

As I've written to you before, the Texas legislature is willing to push back against the out-of-control TSA and its screening policies of groping and electronically ogling airline passengers - even the elderly, vets and young children.

However, before lawmakers can act during this special session of the legislature, Governor Perry must first add the bill to the list of legislation to be considered.

And as of today, despite the pleas of all leading liberty Republicans in the Texas legislature - and thousands grassroots liberty and Tea Party patriots, led by our local Texas volunteers - Rick Perry refuses to do anything.

Please take a moment today to call Governor Perry at (512) 463-1782 and ask him to fight for Texas and every American against the TSA.

Right now, all of his limited government, state sovereignty words over the last couple of years are apparently just empty rhetoric.

While Texas waits, impatiently, for its Governor's record to catch up to his rhetoric, Perry has apparently his eyes set on Washington – but not because he's standing up to it.

You see, Texas State Rep. David Simpson previously sponsored this commonsense bill to prohibit officials from groping people's privates as a condition for them to travel or enter a public building.

Despite the bill passing the Texas State House unanimously, it never received a vote in the Senate due partly to procedural rules after a threatening letter was sent from TSA (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/6156283:9057240924:m:1:170934541:A2D513432CF2540A1 C7BBA636DC5455E).

Rick Perry is the only man standing in the way of allowing Texas to challenge the TSA and potentially set off a chain reaction of legislation in other states to end the TSA's abuses once and for all.

Please, call Governor Perry at (512) 463-1782. Demand he back up his rhetoric and stand up for states' rights by bringing up HB 41 & SB 29 during the special session of the Texas state legislature.

Make sure he knows actions speak far louder than words.

This bill would set precedent far outside of just Texas; this is a problem with national implications. If Rick Perry fails to act, then he's proven to the entire nation that his words aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

In Liberty,

http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/cimages/9712f553eeb54df4c700abc96d8f0cb4/MHS.jpg
Matt Hawes
Vice President

Anti Federalist
06-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Right now, all of his limited government, state sovereignty words over the last couple of years are apparently just empty rhetoric.

Well, how dare he? I'm outraged, nonplussed and disconcerted!

/s/

ChaosControl
06-16-2011, 03:40 PM
This is surprising?

This is what Texas gets for not voting in Medina.

HOLLYWOOD
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Governor Rick Perry of Texas... reconfirms he is the same old establishment tool of Washington DC... a strike to use against him if he is put into the GOP presidential mix. Nothing will change with this political hack

aGameOfThrones
06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
You darn anarchist! The TSA is for our own safety, they protect us. Ok, they may violate some of our Rights, our dignity, our kids innocence, but dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our safety people that they may take our Rights, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL!

And the establishment thinks he will appeal to the tea party if he runs for President?

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
So much for being an advocate of The Republic of Texas....

Napoleon's Shadow
06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
TX Gov Rick Perry got cornered yesterday at the RLC about his refusal to sign a bill banning the TSA from Texas. This video was just posted and is very fresh.

Watch him squirm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoUIFdaNC8&feature=player_embedded#at=88

tpreitzel
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Keep Bilderberger Perry's feet to the fire.

Bruno
06-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Keep Bilderberger Perry's feet to the fire.

This!

pcosmar
06-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Why is Texas Governor Rick Perry afraid to stand up to the Obama Administration's TSA now when it really matters?

Because it was Bush's TSA. It is TPTB's TSA. It is his hope that it will be the GOP's TSA again.
And he is a team player.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Meh...why would I want to contact him over this? My hope is that he clings to this position! Let people see where he really stands on liberty.

awake
06-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Slick Rick.

tpreitzel
06-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Hypothetical exchange with Gov. Perry:

Me: Governor, is your refusal to include legislation banning groping into a special session of the Texas legislature due to dual loyalties?
Perry: What?
Me: Well, governor, you attended a Bilderberg conference a few years ago and the people of Texas certainly want you to include legislation banning groping by the TSA into a special session so why not carry out the wishes of the people?
Perry: There isn't enough time
Me: There isn't enough time or is your rhetoric about states rights simply hot air?
Perry: Look ....
Me: No, governor, Texans are looking to you for leadership and fidelity to the US Constitution, not some globalist confab. You seem to have a problem with loyalty, governor, i.e. loyalty to the people instead of special interests and party. Why did you, governor, switch parties in 1990?
Perry: [red face and silence]

MikeStanart
06-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Another Texan not surprised.

hillbilly123069
06-19-2011, 06:06 PM
The only lip he gives the TSA is when they unzip their pants!