PDA

View Full Version : 130 character challenge for Ron Paul ideas

harikaried
06-16-2011, 11:31 AM
One common complaint is that Ron Paul's answers are too long for people to understand. Text messages and tweets are limited to 140 characters as previous studies show that enough to convey ideas.

Let's start coming up with responses that fit in 130 characters (enough for other @mention or #tags). Hopefully with enough of a selection, people can easily copy/paste a response to address people concerns about Ron Paul. If this turns out well, I might set up a website for people to add, search, vote on responses so other people can also benefit.

Try to avoid text messaging shorthand to keep things easily comprehensible. One exception is perhaps "RP" for Ron Paul. I've started off with a few:

As commander-in-chief RP would immediately bring troops home from Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Germany... to protect our OWN borders.

RP does not want to fight for both sides: stop $3bn aid to Israel and $12bn to Afghanistan EVERY year and give $15bn to Americans.

Paying countries then killing their people makes NO sense. RP wants to stop Pakistan's $2bn foreign aid and bring our troops home.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Most repeated words of the CNN debate? "Like Ron Paul said..." #tcot #ronpaul #tlot #gop

Got a lot of retweets...

erowe1
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Want to send money to the government of some other country? Go ahead. But nobody should be forced to. Only one presidential candidate agrees, Ron Paul.

thehighwaymanq
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
This is a good thread! Very important to be quick and concise.

PastaRocket848
06-16-2011, 11:54 AM
excellent thread idea! now i just gotta come up with something to contribute.

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Good for tweets, too, it leaves room for #tcot #tlot OR #teaparty

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
When the pendulum swings who doesn't swing with it? Ron Paul (link to voting record)

Ron Paul wants to fund medicare for those who paid in by cutting overseas spending, and let the kids opt out.

Ron Paul thinks individuals should have privacy, and government transparency, not the other way around.

erowe1
06-16-2011, 12:02 PM
The Constitution limits the feds by listing only the things they may do and forbidding all else. Most politicians ignore that. Ron Paul doesn't.

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I decided I was so brilliant with the last one, I just tweeted: Ron Paul thinks individuals should have privacy, and government transparency, not the other way around. Bachmann voted 4 Patriot Act #tcot

However, I don't want to harp against Bachmann, per se. Let her bump settle, then get Ron's facts out.

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
The main way the Constitution limits the government's power is by listing only the things that it may do and forbidding it to do anything not listed. Most politicians ignore that. Ron Paul doesn't.

Edit: that one needs to be shortened.

The Constitution limits the government by permitting only listed powers. Few politicians adhere to this, except Ron Paul.

harikaried
06-17-2011, 12:40 AM
What would be good topics to cover? Or pretty much fill in the gaps as responses are necessary. One starting point is breaking down each of the slim jims into multiple tweets.

dustinto
06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
These would be good to use during a twitter bomb.

Here are some from the twitterbomb. The first two are from me, but the others are ones that I re-twitted.

Ron Paul believes that the role of government is to preserve and protect liberty.

Ron Paul wants to end all the wars and bring the troops home.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies". - Ron Paul

Ron Paul had the best answer on marriage: Get the government out of it.

Ron Paul says rights don't come in groups

"I'm the Commander in Chief. I'd bring the troops home!"

erowe1
06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Only Ron Paul has ever been endorsed by Ronald Reagan.

"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense." - Ronald Reagan

Only Ron Paul has ever been endorsed by Milton Friedman.

Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate with military experience.

Ron Paul has received more donations from members of the military than all other presidential candidates combined.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who has never supported government spending as a way to stimulate the economy.

The Republicans could have overturned Roe v. Wade any time they wanted from 2000-2006 by passing Ron Paul's Sanctity of Life Act.

dustinto
06-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Ron Paul's Foreign Policy: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Bern
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
You can't trust politicians. Vote for a statesman while you have the chance. #RonPaul

Teaser Rate
06-18-2011, 01:20 PM
It's time to bail out the American worker. Ron Paul 2012.

Bern
06-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Don't hate him for his message of freedom. #RonPaul

kazmlsj
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
But it’s the concept of legalizing freedom, making choices by individuals and assuming responsibility for themselves.
Ron Paul; Hardball interview:May 13, 2011

And just to emphasize how far off the mark the MSM is - from the same interview:

Chris Matthews: Alright. Let me ask you about far you would go in terms of the constitution, because I understand libertarianism. Most of us as young people were very much enraptured with it as kids and in our teens, I think.

Ron Paul: Why did you lose it?

Chris Matthews: Well, I’ll tell you, because the idea of total freedom doesn’t seem to work.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-05-13/ron-paul-on-hardball/

Bern
06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
If wanting liberty is fringe, I don't want to be mainstream #RonPaul

HarryBrowneLives
06-20-2011, 04:09 PM
"It took us 4 years to win WW2 and now it's taken us 10 to hunt down Bin Laden and 100 of his closest friends"