PDA

View Full Version : PPP - National GOP Presidential Primary Poll

tsai3904
06-16-2011, 10:12 AM
National (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/romney-leads-as-gop-prioritizes.html)
6/9 - 6/12
544 usual Republican primary voters
+/-4.2%

With Palin:

Romney 22%
Cain 17%
Palin 15%
Gingrich 9%
Pawlenty 9%
Bachmann 8%
Paul 7%
Huntsman 1%

Without Palin:

Romney 27%
Cain 20%
Bachmann 13%
Gingrich 12%
Pawlenty 10%
Paul 6%
Huntsman 3%

Results from last National poll:

National (http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/06/romney-palin-lead-way.html)
5/23 - 5/25
+/-4.1%

With Palin:

Palin 16%
Romney 16%
Pawlenty 13%
Cain 12%
Paul 9%
Bachmann 9%
Gingrich 9%
Huntsman 4%

Without Palin:

Romney 20%
Bachmann 13%
Gingrich 13%
Pawlenty 13%
Cain 12%
Paul 11%
Huntsman 4%

sailingaway
06-16-2011, 10:15 AM
crap. Hope that's the end of the last bad poll cycle, but Bachmann will get a bump from the debate and carry it into the SRLC which we didn't organize for this year. Oh well. It's early yet.

CaptUSA
06-16-2011, 10:17 AM
This doesn't make any sense. How does Paul lose support if Palin is not in the race? How says, "If palin's running, I'm voting for Paul, if not, I'll vote for someone else?"

This poll is in the margin of error.

tsai3904
06-16-2011, 10:23 AM
This doesn't make any sense. How does Paul lose support if Palin is not in the race? How says, "If palin's running, I'm voting for Paul, if not, I'll vote for someone else?"

That's happened to other candidates in previous polls too. I guess it reflects that the average voter doesn't take this too seriously.

SamuraisWisdom
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Well, guess the only good news there is that the poll was taken before the last debate. Hopefully Ron got a boost afterwards??

zacharyrow
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
It's too early to start worrying about polls. We just need to spread the message, and hope one day the media actually helps us with that.

One can dream, right?

PaulConventionWV
06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
This is very disheartening. I just don't get how we keep losing support.

The Dark Knight
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I find it very hard to believe that we lose support when Palin does not run. very strange. Also there is no chance in hell Herman Cain gets 20% of the vote right now. PPP is way off here. It also has Gingrich with twice as much support than Ron Paul, this coming the same week his whole staff quits....be careful not to believe this bullshit poll guys.

zacharyrow
06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I find it very hard to believe that we lose support when Palin does not run. very strange. Also there is no chance in hell Herman Cain gets 20% of the vote right now. PPP is way off here.

I wouldn't take these things too seriously. The Cain boost is ridiculous, he says nothing but a bunch of catchphrases. His support will fade. We still have a lot of debates to go, all it takes is for one moment. Paul will get it.

tsai3904
06-16-2011, 10:42 AM
It also has Gingrich with twice as much support than Ron Paul, this coming the same week his whole staff quits....be careful not to believe this bullshit poll guys.

I think the average voter spends less than 30 minutes watching/reading the news. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of Gingrich's supporters didn't know that his top campaign staff have quit.

randomname
06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Well, guess the only good news there is that the poll was taken before the last debate. Hopefully Ron got a boost afterwards??

afraid that debate actually did him more harm than good :/

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Nothing says Family values like voting for an adulterer and three-time divorcee and alienating a man whose been married for 54 years to the same woman and who has never cheated. I wish I didn't have to subject myself to the stupidity that is the GOP on a daily basis. I need a bath.

Anti Federalist
06-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Nothing says Family values like voting for an adulterer and three-time divorcee and alienating a man whose been married for 54 years to the same woman and who has never cheated. I wish I didn't have to subject myself to the stupidity that is the GOP on a daily basis. I need a bath.

That ^^^

tmg19103
06-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Where was McCain polling last election up until NH primary?

Pretty darn low.

The key is top two in IA and NH and then the polls will have RP up at or near the top.

Anti Federalist
06-16-2011, 11:29 AM
This is very disheartening. I just don't get how we keep losing support.

Sad fact is, freedom isn't very popular.

Never has been.

Every time in human history that man has made a leap forward into more freedom, it has been violently resisted, both by the powers that be of the day and the people, and most of the time the people leading that rush into freedom were killed.

People don't like to be free, they like to be told where to sit and squat and they also don't like to be told the truth:

"If you want to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde

"and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed" - Thomas Jefferson

zacharyrow
06-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Sad fact is, freedom isn't very popular.

Never has been.

Every time in human history that man has made a leap forward into more freedom, it has been violently resisted, both by the powers that be of the day and the people, and most of the time the people leading that rush into freedom were killed.

People don't like to be free, they like to be told where to sit and squat and they also don't like to be told the truth:

"If you want to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you" - Oscar Wilde

"and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed" - Thomas Jefferson

I think people just aren't informed. If it wasn't popular, then we would never gain support. 90% of the time when I explain Ron Paul to someone, they become a Ron Paul lover.

People just aren't informed, and they don't care enough to know. When they found out though, they're almost always on board.

trey4sports
06-16-2011, 11:34 AM
It's all about Iowa. Period

SilentBull
06-16-2011, 11:38 AM
It's too early for this to matter. Most people are not even paying attention yet. The fact that Ron is close to 10% is good news. That's all we should be caring about in these polls.

realtonygoodwin
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Disheartening is the right word.

tpreitzel
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Freedom is popular, anarchy isn't. Ron simply needs to sell his points better, not change them. Improving his posture and speaking more clearly, concisely, and slowly would be a good start.

Aldanga
06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
It's too early for this to matter. Most people are not even paying attention yet. The fact that Ron is close to 10% is good news. That's all we should be caring about in these polls.
This. Rudy was up majorly around this time last cycle. Focus on Iowa. Iowa changes things.

eduardo89
06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Ron Paul has to come up with a really appealing, realistic plan with numbers and an easy to understand description and objective to just randomly bring up randomly the next debate. This would stump his opponents who would not see it coming (Ron is usually 99% rhetoric) and give Ron a huge boost.