PDA

View Full Version : Obama: ATMs Contribute To Unemployment

alaskaman
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
"The other thing that happened though, this goes to the point you were just making, is there are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers," President Obama said about unemployment in an interview with NBC's Ann Curry.

Obama claims ATMs and kiosks at airports have eliminated some jobs.

"If you see it when you go to a bank you use the ATM, you don't go to a bank teller. Or you go to the airport and you use a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate," he said.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/14/obama_atms_contribute_to_unemployment_for_eliminat ing_tellers.html

acptulsa
06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Uh huh.

Much more of an impact than shoveling manufacturing overseas where they never heard of OSHA. :rolleyes:

CaptUSA
06-16-2011, 09:47 AM
WHAT. A. MORON!

Efficiencies will never lead to unemployment. Obviously, this guy has never read Bastiat. Just the fact that he believes the crap he's spewing should disqualify him from tinkering with anything remotely related to the economy.

Let me explain, Mr. President... It's that which is seen and that which is unseen. You only see the job lost instead of the money and time saved by everyone who would have had to go to that teller. Money and time they spend on other things which propel the economy forward more efficiently. I suppose we could just shut down all air, rail, and vehicle movements and have full employment by making people carry shit on their backs.

alaskaman
06-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Efficiencies will never lead to unemployment.
Save jobs. Stop using ATMs, as per President of United states of America.

oyarde
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Bull

Fermli
06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
what a demented philosophy

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
OMG he cant be this dumb.

oyarde
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
What creates unemployment is big govt , excessive taxation , stealing that money out of the economy with little return . Commie retard .

alaskaman
06-16-2011, 10:03 AM
What creates unemployment
New 450 million jobs and 225 new Wal-Marts

Wal-Mart averages 140 million shoppers weekly to its stores in the United States so that comes to 600 million shoppers monthly.

I think you can start a new wal-Mart with $40 Billion. So you can start 225 new Wal-Marts with $9 Trillion and create some 450 million new jobs since present Wal-Mart has 2 million employees. $180 Billion is the inflated market value of wal-Mart on stock exchanges.

600 million X 225 Wal-marts = 135000 million or 135000,000,000 shoppers in a month. Just add up the revenue from 225 wal-Marts.

Over 2.5 Million jobs have been lost since Obama took office. To put this into perspective, unemployment was only about 5% under George Bush. The latest unemployment rate is 9.1% but if you count those that gave up looking, it is much higher.

If George Bush, Clinton, or Reagan were president today we would probably be generating more than 500k jobs per month in the US, every month. But Obama has an anti-job agenda and last month only 54K jobs were created in the private sector in the US. Most of those were McDonald's jobs, to boot.

89% Say New Graduates Will Have Tough Time Finding a Job. yet Obama says he is happy with the recovery in the US?

Why did Obama donate $9 Trillion to bankrupt companies instead of starting 225 new wal-Marts from $9 Trillion?

Obama and Obama administration should be impeached immediately.

I have just written, what $9 Trillion can do for world economy. You can start any company you want with $9 Trillion. Wal-Mart is just an example.

Golding
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
ATM's and kiosks produce jobs by increasing the need for maintenance men.

I just blew the president's mind.

oyarde
06-16-2011, 10:13 AM
ATM's and kiosks produce jobs by increasing the need for maintenance men.

I just blew the president's mind.

I used to warehouse some new atm's for a guy who installed them.

alaskaman
06-16-2011, 10:23 AM
what a demented philosophy
Desperation for creating new jobs leads to destruction of jobs.

idirtify
06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
You don’t have to read Bastiat. All you have to do is have a brain. The whole industrial revolution was always about developing more efficient tools/machines to do things more efficiently. One could also say the same about the more recent information-technology revolution, and basically our whole economy. Therefore to say it leads to unemployment is the height of short-sighted ignorance. He may as well have said that feathers are what keeps chickens from flying. The claim has been made by Luddites for over a hundred years and has been quickly refuted every time, enough to qualify it as a legitimate logical fallacy and/or urban myth. It looks like Obama is challenging our previous president for the title of the stupidest.

JohnEngland
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Obviously The Chosen One is correct. These machines and technologies that we now enjoy are clearly stealing jobs from good, decent men and women. If only we could return to the 1200s... that'll get everyone working. Why, if we simply return to pre-printing press technology, we could have maximum employment via the hand-writing book sector alone!

steph3n
06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
why do radio hosts and news anchors keep saying 'atm machines' and such. Annoying.
Automated Teller Machine Machine. ATMM we have there, so when ATMM doesn't work it is the ATMM Machine... ATMMM

123tim
06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Uh huh.

Much more of an impact than shoveling manufacturing overseas where they never heard of OSHA. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

ItsTime
06-16-2011, 11:32 AM
ATMs speed up production. Imagine having to wait 1 hour in line at the bank to get money or make a deposit! The guy is an idiot.

roho76
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Dear Mr. President

I'll give you a quick nibble to chew on. If we use the ATM we eliminate jobs but if we go in and utilize your bank teller employment scheme it requires more paper and is therefor less "Green". I can go to an ATM and refuse the receipt and waste no paper except for the wasted paper that I receive during my transaction. We could also re-employ the people who use to clean horse shit out of the streets before the automobile was invented. So what is it? Being green or saving the economy by employing useless positions? I feel like I'm getting mixed signals from you. Could you please explain.

oyarde
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Dear Mr. President

I'll give you a quick nibble to chew on. If we use the ATM we eliminate jobs but if we go in and utilize your bank teller employment scheme it requires more paper and is therefor less "Green". I can go to an ATM and refuse the receipt and waste no paper except for the wasted paper that I receive during my transaction. We could also re-employ the people who use to clean horse shit out of the streets before the automobile was invented. So what is it? Being green or saving the economy by employing useless positions? I feel like I'm getting mixed signals from you. Could you please explain.

The horse thing crossed my mind as well....

archangel689
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
The elimination of workers by ATMs allows for that human work to be utilized elsewhere, pushing humanity forward. As many jobs as possible should be eliminated by machines... There isn't a set number of jobs out there...people can create their own jobs by being forced to innovate....Without this, humanity will stall.

Obama is a real fucking idiot for saying this... makes me realize how far gone he really is.

tpreitzel
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm not surprised. An ATM is rather limited in gathering information on a customer while a teller can snoop into all sorts of "questionable" behavior that the state allegedly needs to fight "terrorism". ;)

ItsTime
06-16-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not surprised. An ATM is rather limited in gathering information on a customer while a teller can snoop into all sorts of "questionable" behavior that the state allegedly needs to fight "terrorism". ;)

No shit! I just got a Patriot Act warning from my bank because I send out international wires. They "need to know" more about my business or they will shut down my @#@# account! Part of the "Know Your Customer" provision of the patriot act. AKA spy on legal activities then harass successful business.

flightlesskiwi
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Obviously The Chosen One is correct. These machines and technologies that we now enjoy are clearly stealing jobs from good, decent men and women. If only we could return to the 1200s... that'll get everyone working.

i vote for the 1300's... remember the plague?? not only would new jobs be created for those not infected or just a bit sick (cleaning up dead bodies), you'd have population reduction, thus openings in the employment sector. win-win!!

/s of course

eduardo89
06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
And what's caused companies to need to automate things like check in counters? Minimum wage laws, health care mandates, pension obligations....