PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cramer invites all presidential candidates

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 07:03 AM
As the title reads, last night on Mad Money, Cramer invited ALL candidates to appear on his show, after Mitt's appearance last week. I wonder how the Good Doctor would fair on his show. Opinions?

freedominnumbers
10-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Dangerous.

One unspoken part of Ron Paul's principles is that elimination of our Fiat system would absolutely destroy the current financial/credit markets as we know them. Cramer just might call him out on it.

mrd
10-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Nonsense. People always want to borrow, and loans always charge interest. Sure, inflation helps interest profits look bigger, but the actual value of the profit doesn't change. Interest rates will go down if money is available and the economy is stable, rates go up if the economy is doing bad.

Stopping inflation will work wonders on improving confidence in the dollar, in both consumers' and businesses' eyes. The transition period may be bumpy, but in the end it will provide much more stability and confidence in our economy. Ron Paul has the most sensible economic ideas of all the candidates by far, and I only see dramatic improvements when I look at our economic future with him at the helm.

LibertyEagle
10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm not so high on Cramer. Do you all remember him ranting and raving about the need for the Fed to jump in and save the day? He was all for lowering the rates and "injecting capital" into the system. i.e. printing money out of thin air.

kylejack
10-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Cramer is terrible, to a person concerned with inflation. He was begging the Fed to open the discount window, and they finally did, and the inflationary effects are already explosive (witness: gold, oil). Now they'll probably cut the rates again at the meeting today (and tomorrow) and throw us all deeper into the grease. Cramer wanted this to bail out all his buddies who lost a lot of money on their foolish or short-sighted sub-prime mortgage investments.

Cramer would be gunning for Ron Paul, if he even took him seriously at all. Its rare that I advise against Ron Paul accepting an interview, but this is one where I might.

born2drv
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Cramer's audience is exactly the type of people we want to see Ron Paul..... Cramer's mantra of "never fight the fed" vs. Ron Paul who says "let's abolish the fed" would be great to watch ;)

Cramer is a respectful guy, I think it would make for a great debate of sorts....

amakris
10-30-2007, 07:48 AM
I think going on Cramer would be a good idea. There are lots of people who disagreed with the Fed's recent fix. This would be a chance for those people to identify with Ron Paul. I'm not sure how many of those people would be watching the actual show but I think the youTube video of it will be quite popular. Witness the Cramer meltdown over the subprime fiasco. That video went viral in all of the investment banks in New York. There's no reason to believe that a heated Paul-Cramer exchange wouldn't give the good doctor that same exposure. Ron Paul doesn't suffer from a disagreement problem with the electorate. He suffers from people not knowing who he is. Even if you split the audience for who agrees with Paul, big deal. There are several people in the race. 25% agreement will win the primaries

Nate K
10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
what a coincedence! i said just a little bit ago in another thread how we should get him on Cramer's show, i say let's do it!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not so high on Cramer. Do you all remember him ranting and raving about the need for the Fed to jump in and save the day? He was all for lowering the rates and "injecting capital" into the system. i.e. printing money out of thin air.

But "Injecting Capital" makes my heart feel all warm and fuzzy.

ross11988
10-30-2007, 07:52 AM
After seeing this clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=rOVXh4xM-Ww
I think they would have alot in common

kylejack
10-30-2007, 08:01 AM
After seeing this clip http://youtube.com/watch?v=rOVXh4xM-Ww
I think they would have alot in common

Whaaa, well sure they both hate Bernanke, but for totally different reasons! Ron Paul hates Bernanke for currency destruction and Cramer wants him to destroy it faster!

werdd
10-30-2007, 08:11 AM
As the title reads, last night on Mad Money, Cramer invited ALL candidates to appear on his show, after Mitt's appearance last week. I wonder how the Good Doctor would fair on his show. Opinions?

i love that show, its like the stock market on crack. Hes also extremely intelligent and i hope RP goes on there because they both know wtf they are talking about.

specsaregood
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
If Ron Paul can go toe to toe vs. (goldspan and bernake) he can certainly handle cramer.

http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/greenspan-gold.html
"The Greenspan-Paul Congressional Exchanges 1997-2005"

Alien11
10-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I think it would be good for RP to go on Cramer since both have very good insight in today's financial markets and understand the fed very well. I think since so many people watch his show, they would begin to understand that the fiat system just doesn't work. Having a competing currency in the US would effectively eliminate the fed dollar since it would have gold backing once RP takes office.

TVMH
10-30-2007, 08:36 AM
IIRC, Dagan McDowell was once affiliated with Cramer's radio show, or something like that.
(She's that dark-haired chick on Fox News with the hick accent..."Do yoo mean we need a noo currency??!!??")

She was also apparently very anti-gold a few years back, I think she was suggesting that gold was going to "crack up" when it was approaching $400/oz.

I could be wrong on all of this, but I don't think I am.

Regardless, I'd like to see Dr. Paul school Cramer in the ways of Austrian economics. :D

Drknows
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Cramer loves the federal reserve and paper money. Remember when he was crying on TV not too long ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVXh4xM-Ww

He would love to see the fed print and pump money into the stock market at the expense of the middle class.

He was worried his banker friends wouldn't be able to pay of their porches. Who cares if the cost of living goes up for everyone else.

freedominnumbers
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
10 minutes of consideration regarding the ending of fiat money and fractional reserve banking and the effect that would have on the financial markets should indicate Cramer could be an extremely hostile interview.

spiteface
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
If there is anyone in the country who would hate a Ron Paul presidency more than Cramer I'd like to see him. I think he would actually have an aneurysm if there was serious consideration given to getting rid of the Fed.

ronpaulyourmom
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I say do it.

jonahtrainer
10-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Dangerous.

One unspoken part of Ron Paul's principles is that elimination of our Fiat system would absolutely destroy the current financial/credit markets as we know them. Cramer just might call him out on it.

This would be great. Ron Paul understands monetary theory a lot more than Cramer. Cramer likes to suck on the Fed pig. If Cramer tried to call Dr. Paul on it he would get some blowback like Guiliani and the finger would be pointed at Cramer of taking advantage of his audience. Even multi-billionaire Jim Rogers in this interview (http://www.ft.com/cms/893ac9c8-757e-11dc-b7cb-0000779fd2ac.html) respects Dr. Paul's monetary views.

American
10-30-2007, 09:53 AM
This would be a great interview, having a competing currency and to stop printing money means your money wont lose its value. This would be a good interview. Who can argue that 100 dollars today will still be worth 100 dollars tomorrow, give me a break. Traders know this all to well.

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
bump for the afternoon crowd

Danny Molina
10-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Cramer looks at the economy from a stock invester's point of view which is very dangerous.

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I think more than anything, this is a chance for publicity. Free prime time air time. And Cramer doesn't seem like your typical hostile pundit.

RP4ME
10-30-2007, 03:22 PM
i love that show, its like the stock market on crack. Hes also extremely intelligent and i hope RP goes on there because they both know wtf they are talking about.

Cramer only talks about one side of the equation - I used to like him but I think he' sjust for stealing money from teh genral public while he and his boys get richer and hitting joe six pack with run away inflation - and he never really gets into what is gonna happen soon...to prepare joe six pack...he is a faux permabull! You can learn alot from him but caveat emptor....Ron might expose Cramer via his messge....and if that happens Cramer will strat chewing on something inedible and going ballistic on teh good Dr...i dunno maye he woudl have respect for the man but perhaps he would try to make him look like a dufus b/c Pauls messge expose him to a degree. Its a toss up. Good name recognition though and good way to communicte his messge...id liek to see it in a way but it coudl also be painful.....:confused:

foofighter20x
10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Dangerous.

And all Dr Paul has to say in response to that is how he saw Cramer's reaction to the House bubble popping and how Cramer complained how bad it was out there...

He could ask Cramer why he only thought the Fed was a bad system when the millionaires who speculated on the housing bubble were in danger of losing everything when that very same system has cost the poor and middle class so much through decades of the business cycle.

The Fed bailed out the millionaire bankers, who then went on to repo the houses of the poor and middle class.

me3
10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Here is a crazy idea.

Let's get Dr. Paul in friendly, wide reaching media opportunities.

Then when all of those are exhausted, we can go back and hit up the other ones.

Cramer is a clown, and he's driven by this obsession with the market. Like Ben Bernanke on speed.

ButchHowdy
10-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I think going on Cramer would be a good idea. There are lots of people who disagreed with the Fed's recent fix . . . "

As did 5 of the 12 Fed Banks . . .

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Here is a crazy idea.

Let's get Dr. Paul in friendly, wide reaching media opportunities.

Good thought.... Who is friendly to RP in the mainstream media, aside from Tucker / Morning Joe?

Danny Molina
10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Good thought.... Who is friendly to RP in the mainstream media, aside from Tucker / Morning Joe?

Judge Napolitano
Alan Colmes

I think that about covers it.

RPatTheBeach
10-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Judge Napolitano
Alan Colmes

I think that about covers it.

Thanks for humoring me. It was meant as a rhetorical question though :) I forgot to turn on the "sarcasm" bbcode

Brian4Liberty
10-30-2007, 08:59 PM

I am sure it would be similar to his appearance on Kudlow's show. Kudlow and Cramer are both pro-war, and they disagree with Ron Paul on that. They do agree with him on less government regulation. Since they are supposed to be financial shows, they most likely will focus on their agreements, while still throwing out the negative "can't win" or "fringe" candidate stuff.

Exposure for Ron Paul would be a positive...

dircha
10-30-2007, 09:03 PM

As far as politicians go Ron Paul is very well informed on financial and monetary issues and he can hold his own against any television pundit.

And his monetary policy message is very populist in its appeal.

This would be a great opportunity. Even if there is controversy, he will demonstrate that he is head and shoulders above any other candidate in his understanding of the issues. His is the superior intellect!