PDA

View Full Version : is HQ prepared for the onslaught ?

maxmerkel
10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
when 5 million late night viewers will hit ronpaul2008.com this evening ?
i doubt it, they failed to provide a stable website in the past when traffic hit them after the republican debates.

please HQ, consult some IT experts and use load balancing hardware, its not that difficult and prevents loosing hundreds of thousands in donations !

doesn anyone know if they improved their hosting hardware or are working on it ?

Brian
10-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Good thinking. And I hope they have upped their security because if the campaign site gets hacked on the 5th that's going to suck panda balls.

Hope
10-30-2007, 07:03 AM
That's why we RP supporters should stay the hell off the site so we don't tip the boat over.

walt
10-30-2007, 07:04 AM
you people really need to get a clue - it's not all about fundraising, it's about exposing ron to new voters - get a grip

maxmerkel
10-30-2007, 07:08 AM
you people really need to get a clue - it's not all about fundraising, it's about exposing ron to new voters - get a grip

lets see, an interested new voter thinks "hey this guy makes sense" and goes to check out the website - all he's seeing is "server not reachable". this would look pretty silly and unprofessional, don't you think ?

margomaps
10-30-2007, 07:11 AM

True, it's unlikely that:

1) A significant portion of Jay Leno's viewers are going to hop online and check out ronpaul2008.com during or immediately after the show, and

2) That a significant portion of those who do come to see the website will be ready to donate.

I expect there may be an uptick in both web traffic and donations sometime during/after the show, but I don't expect it to be server-crashing traffic levels. Could be wrong.

Brian
10-30-2007, 07:12 AM

Oh right, I could have been the 1,776th person to spend $30 on a Jay Leno flower bomb. :rolleyes:

No one said it was "all about fundraising" other than you. Re read the post, or update your prescription.

walt
10-30-2007, 07:15 AM
lets see, an interested new voter thinks "hey this guy makes sense" and goes to check out the website - all he's seeing is "server not reachable". this would look pretty silly and unprofessional, don't you think ?

yes, that is why I started the first thread on this - this is a name recognition event - not a fundraising event.

mrd
10-30-2007, 07:23 AM
The audience isn't targeted to politics as are the debates, so we may not see much of a spike in uniques. However, this is a wonderful opportunity for media coverage.

If something interesting happens with Ron Paul on the show, it may make for a brief mention in newspapers, radio shows, talk shows, etc. He IS a presidential candidate, so he can garner some attention if the right story is there.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-30-2007, 07:35 AM
The audience isn't targeted to politics as are the debates, so we may not see much of a spike in uniques. However, this is a wonderful opportunity for media coverage.

If something interesting happens with Ron Paul on the show, it may make for a brief mention in newspapers, radio shows, talk shows, etc. He IS a presidential candidate, so he can garner some attention if the right story is there.

It's not a political show, but a large portion of the audience IS politcal!!!!!!!!!
No, it's not about donations but...
Yes, people will hit the server to check him out and yes people will be donating.
But unless ronpaul2008.com is mentioned it probably won't happen all at once. Most likely, viewers will google Ron Paul, watch some videos AND THEN go to ronpaul2008.com. So most likely it will be spread out.

But if ronpaul2008 is mentioned ON THE SHOW, then be ready for a large spike in web traffic and possibly donations.

A Ron Paul Rebel

ross11988
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I really hope that HQ is prepared for this, especially after what happened on the last debate

bolidew
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
More importantly, get the server ready for this Nov. 5th please!

ross11988
10-30-2007, 08:14 AM
tonight show has a rating of 5.7 mill, so lets round up to 6 million, say 20% goes to check him out thats like 1.67 million people just looking at him, do imagine if 2% actually donate thats like 100k people...

Actually the reason why I hope that the servers are ready