PDA

View Full Version : BBC news compares books written by GOP candidates for President - likes Ron's classy cover

sailingaway
06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/53404000/jpg/_53404758_paul_book_-getty200.jpg

amongst other things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13763508

good write up, lots of good bits for Ron, but it's in a kind of spread sheet format and I can't do it justice with just bits.

Bruno
06-15-2011, 09:12 PM
A run for America's highest office is no longer complete without a Facebook page, campaign manager and a hefty hardback. This week, Newt Gingrich joined a crowded field of Republican authors with his latest work. So what do their books teach us, asks Tom Geoghegan?

"Presidential campaigns have perfected the art of candidates writing books as a warm-up for a formal announcement," says Scott Reed, who managed Bob Dole's campaign in 1996 (SR in table below). "They put in biog information for those not well known or they put meat on policy."

For the money-making potential, authors may look no further than President Barack Obama, who made millions from his two titles. Four of the Republicans hoping to remove him from the White House in 2012 have written books in the past year. And then there's publishing star Sarah Palin. She has yet to decide on running, but has a new book out - perhaps just in case - that's selling well. Here is a rundown of their works.

sailingaway
06-15-2011, 09:34 PM
It is the rundown people would want to read though, and that is where the 'spread sheet' part comes in.

truthdivides
06-15-2011, 10:10 PM
The only thing missing is when each book came out. I think that info is important for helping to interpret the book sales.

sailingaway
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
The only thing missing is when each book came out. I think that info is important for helping to interpret the book sales.

Well, and the fact that internet sales don't count and most of Ron's sales are probably on Amazon, which took preorders.

Umbro2914
06-15-2011, 10:20 PM
wow didnt realize the wide disparity in book sales. Gezz Palin is truly a force to be reckoned with. An endorsement from her, if one were to come, would truly do wonders, and I dont see there being much "blowback" from it either.

Thomas
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
must.buy.more.copies.

libertybrewcity
06-15-2011, 11:28 PM
only 23000 copies sold!? I thought it would be a lot more than that. Ron must have made 10 or 20 grand on that...