PDA

View Full Version : Google gets creepy..

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Google adding search by voice, pictures
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-14/tech/google.voice.search_1_google-s-chrome-web-google-search-google-toolbar?_s=PM:TECH

btw, anyone else notice that Facebooks facial recognition usually gets it wrong on ID'ing people....

-t

noneedtoaggress
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I think it's pretty cool, actually...

virgil47
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I think it's pretty cool, actually...

Really? Google your name and see what pops up. LOL. Nothing pops up when I google my name can you say the same.

specsaregood
06-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Really? Google your name and see what pops up. LOL. Nothing pops up when I google my name can you say the same.

So what you are saying is you haven't donated money to the campaigns of any liberty candidates, Ron Paul included? Way to represent. /s

noneedtoaggress
06-15-2011, 08:52 PM

And speech recognition will change that how?

It doesn't change that at all, but it's one step closer to you being able to show people Ron Paul videos on youtube by loudly yelling multple times talking at your TV :P

virgil47
06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
So what you are saying is you haven't donated money to the campaigns of any liberty candidates, Ron Paul included? Way to represent. /s

I did my part as a delegate for Ron Paul at my county convention. Did you?

specsaregood
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I did my part as a delegate for Ron Paul at my county convention. Did you?
Unfortunately I do not live in a caucus state and had no option to do so. But I'll take your answer as a yes, you haven't donated to the campaigns of any federal level liberty candidates as doing so makes it pretty much assured that your name will be found in a google search. That's the only way my name pops up.

libertybrewcity
06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
i don't see anything wrong with this. i'll take a private company innovating a search engine over government bureaucracy trying to run one any day.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I noticed lately if I have the instant search feature on, after a few minutes I can't type into the search bar anymore. Idk if anyone else has had this problem...

Vessol
06-15-2011, 10:20 PM
http://drmcninja.com/comics/2011-06-13-21p44.jpg

virgil47
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately I do not live in a caucus state and had no option to do so. But I'll take your answer as a yes, you haven't donated to the campaigns of any federal level liberty candidates as doing so makes it pretty much assured that your name will be found in a google search. That's the only way my name pops up.

If I donate on line then yes my name will indeed pop up.

Anti Federalist
06-15-2011, 11:11 PM

I've donated well over the reporting limit, and I just checked my name, 35 pages into it, and it hasn't got me.

Now, maybe if I narrowed the search to "political contributions of XXXX X XXXX" then maybe I'd get a hit.

But I ain't giving that up to Google's bots anyway.

Besides, I use Startpage http://startpage.com/

Course, I have a common name and there are apparently a crap load of doctors and lawyers with my name and middle initial out west so it clogs the results up with their names,

low preference guy
06-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I've donated well over the reporting limit, and I just checked my name, 35 pages into it, and it hasn't got me.

Course, I have a common name and there are apparently a crap load of doctors and lawyers with my name and middle initial out west so it clogs the results up with their names,

add "ron paul" to your name in the search query

pcosmar
06-16-2011, 06:04 AM
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nalakota/photogallery/osmar_peter_wotw033032.jpg

COMRADE PETER OSMAR
Late Co. I, 10th U. S. Infantry, (1862 to ]. Member Winners of the West Camp No. 11, National Indian War Veterans, U. S. A., St. Joseph, Mo.

Lots on me, But I am not trying to hide online, I am injecting my own spin.

specsaregood
06-16-2011, 07:20 AM
If I donate on line then yes my name will indeed pop up.

It doesn't matter if you donate online or offline. The donors names are reported to the FEC, are public record and end up on a slew of websites. Name, address and amount donated.

swiftfoxmark2
06-16-2011, 07:40 AM
One thing I'd like to say is that if you set up an Internet persona, you probably shouldn't use your real name, except for private interactions with friends and family (and clients, if you need to). My Google profile right now doesn't use my real name, nor does my twitter. I'm sure people could get my real name, as there are some lingering trails, but it might take some effort. Publicly, I am using a different name.

Also, it helps to have little to no credit history. That's one of those things that government idiots rely on to track done information about you.

tangent4ronpaul
06-16-2011, 07:56 AM
It doesn't matter if you donate online or offline. The donors names are reported to the FEC, are public record and end up on a slew of websites. Name, address and amount donated.

I don't believe donations under $200 get reported online. That should be a cumulative $200, not a per donation so 10 $20.12 donations would get you reported.

-t