PDA

View Full Version : Obama says: "The law does not apply to me"

Golding
06-15-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/politics/16powers.html

I'm not one for making posts, but I this article really struck me as I was traveling and looking up newz on my phone. I'm reminded of Nixon's insistence that "When a president does it, that means it is not illegal."

FrankRep
06-15-2011, 04:39 PM
April 7, when NATO took over leadership in maintaining a no-flight zone in Libya, and the United States took up what is mainly a supporting role — providing surveillance and refueling for allied warplanes — although unmanned drones operated by the United States periodically fire missiles as well.

Obama is playing word games. :mad:

Impeach this Dictator.

Chester Copperpot
06-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I see Obama is a RIchard Nixon democrat

Golding
06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
April 7, when NATO took over leadership in maintaining a no-flight zone in Libya, and the United States took up what is mainly a supporting role — providing surveillance and refueling for allied warplanes — although unmanned drones operated by the United States periodically fire missiles as well.

Obama is playing word games. :mad:

Impeach this Dictator.That's his M.O. Hard to forget conversations with people arguing that Obama "never voted for the Patriot Act", neglecting the obvious fact that he wasn't elected to the Senate before the vote. Heck, they can make the same argument even now. He never voted for the Patriot Act, he just rubberstamped it. Impeach indeed.

teacherone
06-15-2011, 05:35 PM
HUFFPOST SUPER USER
jjsardo
Proud liberal in a red state.
238 Fans
Follow
0 minute ago (7:32 PM)
The man finally takes a stand on something and it's about a war.
Permalink | Share it

libs are pissed too.

acptulsa
06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
A little something for the vidmakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvyDn1TPr8

Theocrat
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Obama is missing a key factor in his decision to fight in Libya. That factor is who funds these conflicts, which, of course, is the American taxpayer. Our Congress represents the American taxpayer, and it's Congress' job to make sure taxpayers have a say on where the money should be spent on any foreign war, conflict, humanitarian mission, etc. That's the real issue here.

Instead, Obama wants to have sly lawyers reinterpret the language of the War Powers Resolution to justify his own unlawful and bankrupting escapades in a nation who is no threat to our national security.

Dr.3D
06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Where Does the Money Come From, Mr. President?

Oh come on, he gets it from his personal stash. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q&feature=related

Simon
06-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Obama: "I did not have war with that country".
It looks like the White House has been taking lessons in denial from Billy Clinton.

ItsTime
06-15-2011, 06:19 PM
So it is not hostile to help those who are being hostile? So does that mean they are going to let go anyone who helped the 9/11 attackers? After all they were not the ones doing the attacking, they just paid for their flight lessons, helped them plan the attack, bought the plane tickets, put gas in the car, drove them to the airport.

roho76
06-15-2011, 06:36 PM
It looks like the White House has been taking lessons in denial from Billy Clinton.

LOL. That's classic.

flightlesskiwi
06-15-2011, 06:36 PM

war isn't war if it's kinetic military action.