PDA

View Full Version : Website Load on Nov 5th ... Availability Concern

ApathyCuredRP
10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say that I was introduced to Ron Paul's message about a month ago and have been riding the freedom wave ever since.

This post is in regards to the November 5th Money Bomb. Let's assume that November 5th will bring in 2 million dollars. What will that number be if the web site is not accessible for a given period of time?

When it comes to donations, people are not going to sit around and wait to offer and give their own money. Your average individual (I know that alot of the Nov. 5th are not the average individual ... in terms of supporting RP ... but a good portion will not be Ron Paulites) will not try multiple times to donate. I would say during prime times, an hour of server outage could result in hundreds of thousands of dollars lost because of the ... "Oh well I tried, mentality."

My point is that the campaign REALLY should do whatever technical savy thing is required to ensure website usage during prime time ( Prob 6 - 10 pm ). I mean in terms of a business, just use the cost benefit analysis. The extra cost of ensuring service will by far be covered by the benefit of the service being allowed. Of course we also get into the risk of actually being unavailable ... but that is financial stuff that I forgot long ago.

TechnoGuyRob
10-30-2007, 02:19 AM
1. The campaign has assured us multiple times they will be ready.

2. I doubt there will be a lot of people who will give up trying to donate a sum as large as one hundred dollars--that's a pretty penny for most people.\

Welcome aboard! :) Have you told all your friends and family about Ron Paul and November 5th?