PDA

View Full Version : Don't waste time on debated the subjective

goldismoney
10-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm posting this thread as a reminder to us all to stop wasting time debating subjective details of the effects of various methods of supporting RP. After reading the all the Leno flowers posts, I was reminded of my own experience with the company I've worked with for 5 years.

Whenever we'd have internal discussions regarding subjective matters, such as the tint of a color on our website or other such nit-picky details, the end result was always that we wasted more time (ie., cost) than measurable value gained (ie., benefit). Yes, testing can be performed on a user base in some cases. But 9 times out of 10, the amount of time spent debating subjective details could have been used designing and implementing new products and services, which in turn add more to the bottom line 9 times out of 10 even if the color tint debated was in fact better at converting customers.

These forums provide an excellent communication method and a great place to bounce ideas off of others. But, we should remember that although we might not agree with certain RP supporters methods, our disagreement is often based on our own subjective experiences. Micro-managing is one of the key reasons government is so inefficient. Rather than spending more than a single post's worth of time debating whether an idea is good or not, we could use that gained time to introduce new ideas others may not have thought of and could implement (one of the key reasons RP's campaign has been so successful). Just my two-cents, which may only be worth two cents. :o