PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Ron Paul's being singled out for an after debate interview?

smtwngrl
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
To me, it seems significant. I'm just trying to understand the why.

specsaregood
06-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Is he the only one that got one?

sailingaway
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Later on when it is more important they can say they already did him?

Sorry, but.....

AJ Antimony
06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't know... but my best guess is that Ron Paul is the only candidate not afraid to do on-the-spot interviews like this. Traditional candidates avoid interviews like this because they are surrounded by advisers who don't want the candidate to make a mistake. In other words, a candidate can prepare for a debate, but not an exclusive interview. They don't want to be Rachel Maddowed

Paul Or Nothing II
06-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't know... but my best guess is that Ron Paul is the only candidate not afraid to do on-the-spot interviews like this. Traditional candidates avoid interviews like this because they are surrounded by advisers who don't want the candidate to make a mistake. In other words, a candidate can prepare for a debate, but not an exclusive interview. They don't want to be Rachel Maddowed

Yeah, that may've likely been the case & obviously Ron is the only candidate who knows his policies by heart so he's never afraid of on-the-spot interviews. :)

123tim
06-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Did you watch the debate interview online?

In 2007 Fox interviewed Ron Paul live after a debate. It was transmitted online while another candidate was broadcast over-air to the masses. Hardly anyone saw that interview.

Was this one shown over standard broadcasts?

GunnyFreedom
06-14-2011, 01:43 PM

In 2007 Fox interviewed Ron Paul live after a debate. It was transmitted online while another candidate was broadcast over-air to the masses. Hardly anyone saw that interview.

No way for me to say, no cable no broadcast no TV. I gave that crack habit up in 2008 behind what they did to Ron Paul.

pdavis
06-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Is he the only one that got one?

No

jware
06-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Yes, the interview aired on CNN after the debate. I didn't know Fox did that, but I'm not very surprised.

jware
06-14-2011, 02:10 PM
No

I thought he was the only one who got one on CNN. Who else did they interview?

iamjackscolon
06-14-2011, 02:11 PM

He was interviewed as part of Anderson Cooper's postgame analysis. He did a great job of clarifying his foreign policy as well as his Church/State position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW_y-3y8YxQ

Bern
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Ron was the only candidate interviewed by Anderson Cooper after the debate on the air on CNN. The other candidates are too afraid of saying something stupid to do anything unscripted. Ron is likely the only one confident in his mastery of the issues to do it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Ron was the only candidate interviewed by Anderson Cooper after the debate on the air on CNN.Yep. I thought it was strange that they didn't interview any of the others, but I'll take it!

acptulsa
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
I think AC360 got some viewers.

pdavis
06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I thought he was the only one who got one on CNN. Who else did they interview?

I take that back. I believe he was the only one who did an interview.

RonPaul101.com
06-14-2011, 07:56 PM
They probably had to distract Ron Paul (and his supporters) long enough to pay 54 people to quickly go out and vote online at the National Journal so they could rig a tiny debate feedback poll for their broadcast.

I have been online beating up CNN as much as possible tonight; reviews on search engines, emails to them, emails to their advertisers, etc.,.

NickOdell
06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
I watched it live on tv and yes he was the only one that got an interview, but when the reporters were talking about the debate before and afterwards, the only candidates they talked about were Romney and Bachmann.

smtwngrl
06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
During the after-debate coverage four years ago, they usually interviewed all of the candidates. Often, though, Ron Paul was one of the last ones, at a time when most people had already stopped watching.

With the S.C. Debate in May, Ron bowed out of being interviewed because he had a rally afterwards.

I was very surprised in this one he was the only one interviewed. And it was a very nice interview, not an attacking one.

I'm sure if given the choice, at least some of the other candidates would want to be interviewed.

The debate itself was very civil, too, compared to past ones.

Hotchney
06-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I think Anderson and John King like Ron - as does Neil Cavuto. A lot of people who work at CNN are liberal but pretty reasonable and probably appreciate his anti-war stance.

BucksforPaul
06-16-2011, 12:14 AM
They only interviewed Dr. Paul because he is the front runner!

Nastynate
06-16-2011, 12:16 AM
It could be for ratings. I know usually when newspapers or televisions shows have Ron Paul or talk about him they get bumps in their ratings. They just wanted people to stick around to watch the interview. My guess.

TER
06-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Rp 2012

american.swan
06-16-2011, 02:11 AM

LOL Great answer!!!

Paul Or Nothing II
06-16-2011, 02:46 AM

Fantastic answer lol