PDA

View Full Version : Bern's executive summary impression of the 6/13 CNN debate

Bern
06-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Because I know that you are all on the edges of your seat wondering about my thoughts ( :D ):

Romney : Plastic :: Gore : Wooden

Pawlenty / Santorum - Show me a picture of each and I couldn't tell you which was which. Nothing memorable or exciting about either of them.

Paul - Way too serious for a high school prom king. He's the mousy geek who has true clarity on the problems and issues (even if he has difficulty explaining it in 5 seconds to a USA Today audience) and the resolve to act even if the solutions buck the status quo.

Bachmann - I thought she did the best job of performing in accordance with what people expect from these circuses. She was assertive and confident. She didn't come off as crazy like you might expect if you've read her press clippings over the years. She was well prepped for her performance.

Cain - Laughably shallow and out of his league. He's a male version of Sarah Palin.

Gingrich - Seems to have the same problem Ron Paul has in being too serious for the prom king. Maybe it was my imagination, but he really didn't seem like he was campaigning for himself up there.

rbohlig
06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Deep. Dish.