PDA

View Full Version : China seeks to build a city and economic zone in the state of Idaho

Elegy
06-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Has anybody else heard about this? A buddy told me about this, so I googled it and sure enough, it's in plain sight, it's even on the state of Idaho website. By all accounts, these economic zones will be considered sovereign Chinese land. This is absolutely insane, I was trying to email Ron and Rand, as they are 2 of the only ones I trust in Congress, but apparently you can only email him if you are in his district. This is very disturbing, another act of treason by our "representatives".
http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/china-seeks-to-build-a-city-and-economic-zone-the-state-of-idaho

Kenneth Schortgen Jr
Finance Examiner

As manufacturing and American jobs continue to flow out of the US and into foreign countries offering better tax incentives, regulations, and cheaper labor, one place in America is offering China the opportuntity to bring their model of planned economy to our borders.

That place is the state of Idaho, and plans are being made right now to build a 50-mile self sustaining city and economic zone that has the approval of the state's Governor.

On June 9th, Governor Otter issued a letter showing his support of Project 60, which is the overall umbrella of future domestic and economic growth in the state of Idaho. Project 60 is very inncouous in itself, but under its mission and scope, the real purposes of the plan become apparant.

The details of the scheme seem to support that analysis. In very unclear terms, one of the principal planks of the Project 60 platform is known as “Inward Foreign Direct Investment.” As laid out on the Project 60 website, this portion of the plan will increase Idaho’s role “in global business” by providing foreign industry with “a strong impetus to economic development.”

The “impetus” is a two-pronged attack on Idaho’s domestic workforce (read: the middle class). First, through Project 60, foreign business interest are encouraged to take advantage of favorable national immigration laws. – The New American

These immigration laws are contained in the immigrant investor program known as EB-5. The policy allows immigrants to become US citizens for providing for, and creating jobs in the United States.

That in itself is not disturbing, but what is of consequence is the fact that Idaho is expanding the model to allow a foreign country to create a city and economic zone based on the parameters of Chinese influence, not US sovereignty.

…the idea would be to build a self-contained city with all services included. It would be modeled after the "special economic zones" that currently exist in China.

Perhaps the most famous of these "special economic zones" is Shenzhen. Back in the 1970s, Shenzhen was just a very small fishing village. Today it is a sprawling metropolis of over 14 million people.

If the Chinese have their way, we will soon be seeing these "special economic zones" pop up all over the United States. – Idaho Statesman via End of the American Dream

The ramifications of this have not been fully expressed in regards to sovereignty for a fully run foreign city on US soil. Questions such as, would the EPA have jurisdiction over these economic zones, especially when it comes to pollution and environmental concerns, and how would water rights and other resources be managed are but a few of the areas our laws differ from theirs. China is one of the largest polluters worldwide, and their standards for manufacturing are not in line with most of the developed world, and in regards to water rights for the area, would the planned city control access to water in and out of the economic zone, and be able to run utilities outside of US regulation and control?

The US government has already created up to 257 foreign trade zones in America, and besides the one being planned in Idaho, Chinese companies are also currently in talks with the states Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. The irony of course is that China helped destroy manufacturing in these iron belt states through cheap labor practices, and now it is coming full circle that they may be the ones re-creating manufacturing here, but under foreign provisions.

There is an old saying that the borrower is slave to the lender, and with China owning so much US debt, this axiom is slowly becoming reality. As China seeks to make inroads in becoming an economic power inside the United States, they are not just planning to build factories and hire workers, but instead create whole cities and economic zones based on what has already been done on the mainland of China.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Idaho has a Chinese population?

Elegy
06-14-2011, 02:49 AM
No, China is purchasing a large chunk of land and the federal gov't is giving the go ahead for China to send a large number of people to live on this land.

Texan4Life
06-14-2011, 03:20 AM
wow

what is the constitutional perspective on this?

BucksforPaul
06-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Wtf, is this for real?

FrankRep
06-14-2011, 05:11 AM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/07aJune/butchotter-t.001.jpg

Idaho Governor Otter is offering incentives to China to send workers and industry to Idaho.

Idaho Governor Selling His State to China? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/7797-idaho-governor-selling-his-state-to-the-chinese)

Joe Wolverton, II | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
09 June 2011

123tim
06-14-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm not surprised at this in the least. I've been telling people, for years, that this was going to happen.
The only people that seem to understand are on this forum.

Don't be surprised when the population, as a whole, embraces this as salvation through "Job Creation" on U.S. soil.

psi2941
06-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Has anybody else heard about this? A buddy told me about this, so I googled it and sure enough, it's in plain sight, it's even on the state of Idaho website. By all accounts, these economic zones will be considered sovereign Chinese land. This is absolutely insane, I was trying to email Ron and Rand, as they are 2 of the only ones I trust in Congress, but apparently you can only email him if you are in his district. This is very disturbing, another act of treason by our "representatives".
http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/china-seeks-to-build-a-city-and-economic-zone-the-state-of-idaho
so whats the problem? its their money. because you have a little distaste for the chinese we should pass laws to prohibit from
A. letting the chinese migrate to the US
B. invest in the US

secondly "these sovereign land" the typical dumb republican will never allow them to classify those land as china.
i didn't want to bring out the race card but would your reaction be different if the canadians wanted to do it?

cindy25
06-14-2011, 06:09 AM
how is this different from encouraging Toyota to open a factory in Kentucky? the Chinese would be buying the land, and building the factories

123tim
06-14-2011, 06:11 AM
If anyone needs proof that you actually don't own your land, here it is:

That place is the state of Idaho, and plans are being made right now to build a 50-mile self sustaining city and economic zone that has the approval of the state's Governor.

It always amazes me how people talk about land like it's a blank spot on a board game. This will be prime land where families have lived for generations, growing up, and planning their futures around, thinking that it was theirs.

Edit: It will be taken through eminent domain.

P.S.
I didn't read the two comments above mine until after I posted this.
I still feel the same.

123tim
06-14-2011, 06:19 AM
how is this different from encouraging Toyota to open a factory in Kentucky? the Chinese would be buying the land, and building the factories

Because the Chinese would be controlling everything that happened inside.
I believe that our forefathers would have called this an "Invasion". Not quite the same as Toyota opening up a factory in Kentucky, in my opinion.

Also, the land will most likely be "sold" through the process of eminent domain.

Please forgive me for quoting myself:

Don't be surprised when the population, as a whole, embraces this as salvation through "Job Creation" on U.S. soil.

psi2941
06-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Edit: It will be taken through eminent domain.

if this is true, then i'm against it but i doubt it. Why would the "chinese" who are sitting on a pile of cash use eminent domain to take the property in one of the most pro gun/republican state in the country.

I personally think this story is BS. but if it wasn't, the chinese would want the american to be happy about the situation. Using eminent domain to make mini china in the US will not go well with fox news nor the rank and file republican.

Because the Chinese would be controlling everything that happened inside.
I believe that our forefathers would have called this an "Invasion".

Not quite the same as Toyota opening up a factory in Kentucky (in my opinion.)

Also, the land will most likely be "sold" through eminent domain.

Please forgive me for quoting myself:
so we "invaded" Russia when we bought alaska?

yes, i'm against eminent domain but there has to be more too the story. if they have to use eminent domain its probably not the chinese government per say but some investor.

123tim
06-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Please don't think that I'm being impolite....I have to go, so I can't "polish" my responses.

if this is true, then i'm against it but i doubt it. Why would the "chinese" who are sitting on a pile of cash use eminent domain to take the property in one of the most pro gun/republican state in the country.

I grew up in a location where a huge tract of land was "purchased" through eminent domain....there were hundreds of families who didn't want to sell. It would be the same in this instance as well.

When eminent domain is invoked the price of land goes down, not up.

I personally think this story is BS. but if it wasn't, the chinese would want the american to be happy about the situation. Using eminent domain to make mini china in the US will not go well with fox news nor the rank and file republican.

I think that the story is true. If not now, then the next time.
I also think that this is about making a "Mini China".
China has proven that they don't exactly care about making their own population happy, why would they care about our happiness?

How the American populace will embrace it is up to you, and what you say.

so we "invaded" Russia when we bought alaska?
So, are you suggesting that China actually is buying the U.S.?
When we bought Alaska, it became ours.
We own it.

Yes, we invaded it... We moved in, and took it over.

Using eminent domain to make mini china in the US will not go well with fox news...(snip)
Don't know what to say here....
Fox news seems bent on uniting everyone under a one world government?......This wouldn't go over well with our Constitution?.....Fox news doesn't protect our sovereignty?

tangent4ronpaul
06-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Ron accepts e-mail from anyone via his contact form, I believe Rand does also.

Carehn
06-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Guys i live in Idaho. The Fed will not let us work and build so im not going to get to mad if they at least let the chines.

Southron
06-14-2011, 08:30 AM
It's all part of a one-world utopia. Wonderful isn't it?:rolleyes:

I wonder how much of our wealth has been transferred to China over the years.

Zippyjuan
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Looks like China has not followed up on the discussion yet so nothing is happening.
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/06/13/rockybarker/boise_officials_have_not_had_followup_chinese_comp any

Boise officials have not had follow-up from Chinese company

Submitted by Rocky Barker on Mon, 06/13/2011 - 10:19am.

Sinomach, the Chinese national company that last year expressed an interest in developing a technology zone for industry, retail centers and homes south of the Boise Airport, has been silent since then.

Officials of the China National Machinery Industry Corp. have not followed up to city and state leaders about the long-term proposal they made last year. But the city has had a number of inquiries from “conspiracy theorists” who have seen versions of my story that went viral on the Internet in the last month.

Adam Park said he has had calls from a number of people asking what the city’s position is on the proposal for a manufacturing and warehouse zone tied to the airport and future technology zone development. That phase one proposal had the most near term potential.

“We don’t have anything to react to,” Park said.

The latest interest in the 2010 story started with a May 13 cover story in the The New American , which is affiliated with the John Birch Society. The article, “China: The New Investment Savior,” by William F. Jasper, is an expanded rewrite of my story, adding many of themes that show up in the blog stories that have generated a flurry of e-mails and calls.

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/06/13/rockybarker/boise_officials_have_not_had_followup_chinese_comp any#ixzz1PGzOqSx8