PDA

View Full Version : Why all the props for Romney's debate performance...

mconder
06-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Seriously, what up with the pundants love affair with Romney? Was I the only one that heard Romney stumble and fumble around for what he though the audience wanted to hear. Really?!!! There was barley a single coherent response. I think I could say that even if I weren't biased. What a bunch of politivomit.

TheNcredibleEgg
06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
It's the hair.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-13-2011, 10:14 PM
He's the establishment candidate. It is what it is.

Matthew Zak
06-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Seriously, what up with the pundants love affair with Romney? Was I the only one that heard Romney stumble and fumble around for what he though the audience wanted to hear. Really?!!! There was barley a single coherent response. I think I could say that even if I weren't biased. What a bunch of politivomit.

He spent the entire time acting like the front tier candidate. He took every opportunity to bash obama that he possibly could. That's what the GOP wants. The rest of the time he seemed to repeat Ron Paul's talking points, besides the federal reserve. He's obviously trying to appeal to the tea party crowd while bashing the shit out of obama.

flightlesskiwi
06-13-2011, 10:44 PM
He took every opportunity to bash obama that he possibly could. That's what the GOP wants.

even the liberal "cut and bleed" post-debate commentator proved this ^ point. "if they are in the position you want to be in, you gotta cut them and make them bleed". "cut 'em, bleed 'em. don't hack them with an axe right from the start, just cut them and make them bleed." not verbatim, but pretty dang close. *shudder*

Tinnuhana
06-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Marc Scibilia: "Quiet on the set!
They're always acting, keeping posture and poise...'

thehungarian
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
No one says nothing quite so eloquently as Romney. They eat that shit up, them pundits.

heavenlyboy34
06-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I suggest not listening to pundits. They're almost always wrong.

Chester Copperpot
06-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Ben Franklin said it best, "Mitt Romney talks alot but says very little."

Standing Liberty
06-13-2011, 11:20 PM
It seems like the whole thing is rigged sometimes.
The media picks the "front" runners for us.
Its a show, and they are directing it. I hope
I am wrong and America will wake up. Unfortunately,
people will fall for nice hair over
substance and truth.

cindy25
06-13-2011, 11:39 PM
he is the front-runner, for now.

Matthew Zak
06-14-2011, 12:48 AM
I hate to say this, but based on the structure of the debates, the mindset of Americans, and the unpolished delivery of Ron Paul... it's completely up to us. Whatever we have been doing for the past 4 years, each of us literally need to work 10x harder if we want to be any where near striking distance for the primaries. If we're not giving this our absolutely-freaking-everything, this election will end up exactly as the last one did.

AuH20
06-14-2011, 06:49 AM
I hate to say this, but based on the structure of the debates, the mindset of Americans, and the unpolished delivery of Ron Paul... it's completely up to us. Whatever we have been doing for the past 4 years, each of us literally need to work 10x harder if we want to be any where near striking distance for the primaries. If we're not giving this our absolutely-freaking-everything, this election will end up exactly as the last one did.

As sacrilegious as it sounds, if we had someone other than an enigmatic Ron Paul, this thing would be ours. Our candidate needs to be airtight & concise in delivery and must maintain message discipline. We simply have the the right message, the right core values but our salesman is less than stellar. He's just got too many miles on the odometer and at times appears over anxious largely because these oft-publicized "complex" problems are so plainly elementary to him. There is a disconnect to your average American when he starts to hastily embark upon his business cycle spiel.

acptulsa
06-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Unfortunately, people will fall for nice hair over substance and truth.

The hungrier they get, the more they're interested in bread and the less they're interested in circuses. And there are intelligent and disaffected people on the other side of the aisle who we are winning over.

I'm not saying his lack of slickness is a natural selling point under any circumstances. I'm just saying we can make it into a selling point under the circumstances. So, well, got something better to do?

SilentBull
06-14-2011, 07:42 AM
As sacrilegious as it sounds, if we had someone other than an enigmatic Ron Paul, this thing would be ours. Our candidate needs to be airtight & concise in delivery and must maintain message discipline. We simply have the the right message, the right core values but our salesman is less than stellar. He's just got too many miles on the odometer and at times appears over anxious largely because these oft-publicized "complex" problems are so plainly elementary to him. There is a disconnect to your average American when he starts to hastily embark upon his business cycle spiel.

Rand Paul would win this, no doubt. He'd become the front runner in another debate or two.

SWATH
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
My Obama voting liberal lawyer sister-in-law walked in during one of Romney's answers and said "who is that? Is that Mitt Romney?". I said "yes". She said "he looks so handsome and dignified, I would vote for him". I said "seriously? Because of that?", she said "yeah probably". I called her a moron woman.

fatjohn
06-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Rand Paul would win this, no doubt. He'd become the front runner in another debate or two.

Yeah I agree. Bachmann's best line was stolen from Rand, who stole it from Obama.

fatjohn
06-14-2011, 09:25 AM
My Obama voting liberal lawyer sister-in-law walked in during one of Romney's answers and said "who is that? Is that Mitt Romney?". I said "yes". She said "he looks so handsome and dignified, I would vote for him". I said "seriously? Because of that?", she said "yeah probably". I called her a moron woman.

http://boards.fightingamphibians.org/fg/src/127965728490.gif

realtonygoodwin
06-14-2011, 10:36 AM

I had a female friend who basically said the same thing about Bachmann.

gls
06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
It seems like the whole thing is rigged sometimes.

Understatement of the century.

Acala
06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Romney won the support of the establishment GOP and its running dogs when he made the backroom deal to drop out of the race four years ago.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I had a female friend who basically said the same thing about Bachmann.

my ex-gf said the same thing, but it was Bush over Kerry. Idiots.

mconder
06-14-2011, 11:12 AM

It does seem to be the best communicators and not the best candidates who win.

silentshout
06-14-2011, 11:13 AM
IMO it is because he, like Obama, is good at public speaking, acts slick like he was created from some marketing team somewhere. He also seems pretty moderate. Also, the hair I guess. It is sad but it is what it is :(

Tyr
06-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Why all the props for Romney? You're asking that NOW? He's been on the chosen list since before the 2008 election. They've spent the last three years grooming his image in the media to push him to the moon. They're praising Romney because he is their pick and that's what they do. Every campaign year it is the same thing, as we can see. The only real difference is they scaled back the support for Palin, so far, as she kept embarrassing herself and shown her family as little more than your typical Reality TV white trash.

What's different this go around aside from the names? You have the clear choice- Romney, the "bulldog" that will give him a fight before leveling out- Bachmann, the guy who cannot win although the media will feign support of him to distract from the actual chosenite- Pawlenty, the supposed beltway outsider who is as big an insider as the rest- Cain.

Same as '08, except in 2008 Romney played the bulldog to McCains chosenite status, Duncan Hunter was in Pawlenty's shoes and Fred Thompson was the "fringe outsider" while being a career politician. Everyone has their place and it shapes elections just like WWF scripts shape storylines.

fisharmor
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM
To the robots, he sounds like the most polished, most with-it candidate.
To those of us who have broken our conditioning, all we heard him say was:
"Down with big government!"
"Government should only march you off your property at gunpoint when it's a STATE project!"