PDA

View Full Version : Every GOP Debate Candidate is a Ron Paul Disciple

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 07:56 PM
WOW!

In just 4 years the GOP has gone from opposing every thing Dr. Paul has to say, to agreeing with all of it in moderation.

Romney says we should start to remove from Afghanistan.

Cain and Bachmann don't want us in Libya.

Gingrich agrees that we should be defending our own borders, not those of foriegn countries.

Pawlenty admitted that the recession was caused by a bubble.

Santorum repeated Dr. Paul's line about right's coming from our Creator (even mentioning "Ron Paul" by name to give credit).

Lower taxes, personal responsibility, states rights, the Constitution, etc. keep coming up.

In 2007, during an illegal immigration debate, Tancredo said the other candidates were "trying to out-Tancredo, Tancredo."

Now, they're trying to Out-Ron Paul, Ron Paul.

Carehn
06-13-2011, 08:06 PM
But like he said. Nothing about the FED!

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 08:09 PM
But like he said. Nothing about the FED!

Pawlenty mentioned bubble economics - that's a start. Once people realize that, they'll wonder where the bubble came from in the first place.

dean.engelhardt
06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Romney even mention keeping money sound as an economic issue! WOW. Ron Paul wins even when he doesn't.

Bryan
06-13-2011, 08:12 PM
+1 for the OP. My last tweet: Watch a debate from 2008, compare to this. All sound more and more like #RonPaul

Airborn
06-13-2011, 08:56 PM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they join you ;)

Airborn
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
can't beat Ron, join em ;)

WhatUpSmitty
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
They are disciples in rhetoric only. This Libertarianism/state rights/Constitutional rhetoric has become (or at least, is becoming) to the right what progressivism has been to the left for about a decade; something to talk up, to get your base engaged, but never to be pursued. These guys (besides Dr. Paul) are all talk, sadly.

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
They are disciples in rhetoric only. This Libertarianism/state rights/Constitutional rhetoric has become (or at least, is becoming) to the right what progressivism has been to the left for about a decade; something to talk up, to get your base engaged, but never to be pursued. These guys (besides Dr. Paul) are all talk, sadly.

Truth, but this is a far way from "Are you running for the nomination of the wrong party?"

Airborn
06-13-2011, 09:05 PM

that is true, their liberty talk doesn't = their actions

georgiaboy
06-13-2011, 09:08 PM

straight up, +rep. Welcome to the forums. The more folks who see this and let their vote follow suit, the better we'll all be for it.

mport1
06-13-2011, 09:14 PM
WOW!

In just 4 years the GOP has gone from opposing every thing Dr. Paul has to say, to agreeing with all of it in moderation.

Gingrich agrees that we should be defending our own borders, not those of foriegn countries.

Santorum repeated Dr. Paul's line about right's coming from our Creator (even mentioning "Ron Paul" by name to give credit).

Lower taxes, personal responsibility, states rights, the Constitution, etc. keep coming up.

In 2007, during an illegal immigration debate, Tancredo said the other candidates were "trying to out-Tancredo, Tancredo."

Too bad they are all complete liars.

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Too bad they are all complete liars.

Not so bad. There was an honest man on the stage. We'll survive. :D

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they try to usurp your position ;)

...at least in rhetoric. And if you don't let them get away with it, you win.

CanadaBoy
06-13-2011, 09:30 PM
First they ignore you
Then laugh at you, and hate you
Then they fight you
Then you win

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 09:34 PM
First they ignore you
Then laugh at you, and hate you
Then they fight you
Then you win

I've been saying for a while now there's a new step in the process. But making them sound like us isn't winning. We ain't there yet.

JK/SEA
06-13-2011, 09:38 PM
WOW!

read my lips...they are all TEA-O-CONS.

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
read my lips...they are all TEA-O-CONS.

Not Ron Paul wannabes. Ron Paul wannaseemlikes.

GreenBulldog
06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Everyone was taking shots at Obama, but Ron Paul was the ONLY guy to bring up the military industrial complex and the Fed and Keynsian economics.

I guess the other candidates were too chicken shit to bring them up as the problems in this country?

...Or maybe because they're FUNDED by them?

Speaking of the Fed and Keynsian economics, when RP was answering the question on jobs, he got into the krux of the issue rather than the surface unlike the rest.

It was like listening to a Professor give a lecture and the rest sounded like they were giving middle school presentations.

Unfortunately, what RP said probably went over a lot of people's head. An answer that has no substance like, "we need to stimulate the economy to create jobs" probably resonate better with people.

One more thing: Remember that guy who asked if they should bring the troops home in 900 bases around the world? I wonder where he got that from?

I wished they asked asked RP that. He would've said, "I've been saying that for 30 years, bitch!!!"

Well, maybe not like that...

Anti Federalist
06-13-2011, 10:39 PM

That!

Paul Or Nothing II
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
WOW!

+1

I think Ron should always bring this up, that no republican was agreeing with him 4 years ago but now everyone more or less agrees on a lot of issues that he'd been talking about for years.

anaconda
06-13-2011, 10:44 PM
They are all ripping him off to one degree or another.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-13-2011, 11:29 PM
They are all ripping him off to one degree or another.

Let them, Ron can always say that he has been saying those things for nearly 40 years & they are just copying him, so the more they "rip him off", the more credibility Ron gains among the mainstream voters.

Cleaner44
06-13-2011, 11:32 PM
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they join you ;)

The R3volution is happening before our very eyes.

WhatUpSmitty
06-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Let them, Ron can always say that he has been saying those things for nearly 40 years & they are just copying him, so the more they "rip him off", the more credibility Ron gains among the mainstream voters.

Never thought of it that way.

CaptUSA
06-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Did anyone count the number of times the other candidates referred to Ron Paul in their answers? It seemed like it happened quite a bit.

mello
06-14-2011, 09:49 AM
For Ron Paul's last statement, I wish he would have said something like:

"It's nice to hear that most of the talking points that my opponents brought up tonight were the same ones that I've been saying for years."

The Dark Knight
06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I was amazed at how well they treated Ron, It seems like the other candidates respect him now (even Romney) and that did not happen last time around. CNN treats Ron much better than Foxnews does. It seems like the SC debate was a setup to make Ron look Loony. This debate focused on much better issues like the economy and spending. So overall last night was a success. I would like to see the rest of the candidates go after Romney a bit more but even Romney was talking like Dr Paul last night. It was really kinda weird. I am perplexed. its like all the candidates stole Ron's talking points. Even members of the audience were asking questions about bringing the troops home. Things have changed dramatically in 4 years.

ctiger2
06-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I was hoping when they asked RP who among his peers would he want on his cabinet he should've said: Well, I'd have to have find out in more detail where they stand on the issues that are most important to me. I'll ask 3 simple questions. Raise your hand if you agree we should Audit and then Abolish The Federal Reserve. Raise your hand if you agree we should eliminate the Federal income tax. Raise your hand on if you agree we should pull all our troops around the world home. Then afterwards he could say, Well, it looks like no one here. ; )