PDA

View Full Version : Who Can Make DVD's for the Campaign?

Captain Shays
06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Who can put together a DVD with all or the best of the Youtube Vids we're seeing and some other juicy tidbits that would be unprotected so that we can all make our own copies and hand them out to people?

I think at this point it would be a great tool. The CFR Vid, combined with varius interviews especially the ones with Michael Schuerer in connection to Guiliani and the applause of the audience along with Pat Buchanons article.

There is so much out there and some great songs that I really think if someone knew what they were doing, we could put together an hour and a half campaign video that would be very impactfull.

Thoughts?

Captain Shays
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Another thought came to mind after I hit send/

Maybe we could even ask Arron Russo for his permission to include portions of America From Freedom To Fascism

briatx
06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Yes, we need to do this.

I am creating a compilation torrent of Ron Paul clips, mostly off of youtube. I hope it will become a resource for source material for DVDs.

If anyone has high quality original recordings, please email me at briatx@gmail.com

ronpaulitician
06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I think my local meetup group is having DVDs made like that for $0.25 a piece.

austin356
06-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe we could even ask Arron Russo for his permission to include portions of America From Freedom To Fascism

He has already publicly stated that he not only approves of use of his content, but promotes it. Of coarse this is limited to non-commercial, but I dont think we are intending on selling anything.

literatim
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Try to keep a neutral friendly soundtrack. No rap or other music that wouldn't help sell the message. I think a typical low key orchestral soundtrack would be best.

G-khan
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Try to keep a neutral friendly soundtrack. No rap or other music that wouldn't help sell the message. I think a typical low key orchestral soundtrack would be best.

Might be good for the old folks but I don't think the younger ones would not watch it.. I am older, 58 and an hour of orchestra music would have me ready to jump off a bridge!

Most likely need a few styles...

literatim
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Might be good for the old folks but I don't think the younger ones would not watch it.. I am older, 58 and an hour of orchestra music would have me ready to jump off a bridge!

People hear instrumental music all the time in movies, it's not glaringly noticeable.

Swmorgan77
06-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Who can put together a DVD with all or the best of the Youtube Vids we're seeing and some other juicy tidbits that would be unprotected so that we can all make our own copies and hand them out to people?

I think at this point it would be a great tool. The CFR Vid, combined with varius interviews especially the ones with Michael Schuerer in connection to Guiliani and the applause of the audience along with Pat Buchanons article.

There is so much out there and some great songs that I really think if someone knew what they were doing, we could put together an hour and a half campaign video that would be very impactfull.

Thoughts?

I've got one that I've put together. Does anyone have the ability to upload to torrent sites? If so, I will mail it to you.

IrrigatedPancake
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
One thing we could do is create our own compilations and set up a place where we can upload the different versions and nationally groups and individuals can either make their own, or download their favorite and use that.

Captain Shays
06-13-2007, 04:01 AM
One thing we could do is create our own compilations and set up a place where we can upload the different versions and nationally groups and individuals can either make their own, or download their favorite and use that.

Thats pretty much what I had in mind. Complilations of already existing videos put down on a DVD in an order that covers the issues. Yeah I would include the elevator music ones along with the rap ones and my favorite, the reggae one.
I mean, all the people who make these vids are doing to promote the campaign. Why just limit it to the internet when there are hundreds of thousands of us who have the capability to copy DVDs but not the ability to make them from scratch?
I can go out and buy a stack of blanks for pennies each and spend a couple of hours burning them, and a few hours handing them out to people who like to sit in front of their tv but not their computer, which I think these days is still the majority of people. We need a powerfull DVD to give out with printed material.

Now how can we reach all the people who make them from scratch and get them together?

Lesgov
06-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I am looking for this type of exposure to Ron Paul also. Some good DVD's that we can copy and pass out.

Can the Utube videos be converted to DVD?

theblatanttruth
06-13-2007, 08:54 AM

www.myspace.comhardrockforron

for what it's worth

nayjevin
06-13-2007, 11:46 AM
First check this thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=463

Bit Torrent is the place for everybody to put up their DVD's. Search 'ron paul' in Bit Torrent. as more people make these DVD's, more results will appear. confine search by size (over 3 GB or so) to find the DVD's.

I have yet to find a suitable release for widespread use. But someone will definitely make it.

SWMorgan77 -- i would be glad to upload yours to bit torrent.

pm me.

lucius
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
I am looking for this type of exposure to Ron Paul also. Some good DVD's that we can copy and pass out.

Can the Utube videos be converted to DVD?

Yea, here is how:

1) You can burn them as .flv files on a CD or DVD. Watch the video on your computer. When the play bar is all grey on the Google player go to the Temporary Internet Files folder (when you find this folder, create a shortcut to your desktop). Click on the size column to sort by size in descending order. Highlight all the files named videodownload(something) and copy to any folder. These files can be viewed, renamed (anything.FLV) and copied. A small program named Wimpy FLV player will play them on any system. Video quality is good and many FLV video’s fit on one CD or DVD.

2) To make a DVD from the files you collect:
Download and install DVD Flick from here (it's free): http://www.dvdflick.net/

Here is how to work DVD Flick: http://lifehacker.com/software/dvds/hack-attack-burn-almost-any-video-file-to-a-playable-dvd-232322.php

3) Have fun!

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm thinking contemporary pop-rock, or country-pop, for "general" audiences.

Melissa Ethridge's "An Inconvenient Truth" was great at the end of Gore's movie.
For the more extreme, and young'uns... maybe Rage Against the Machine's "Guerilla Radio". Or Nickelback's "Step Up".

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I've got the software for this, but I've had only very limited practice at it.

Guess I need to get practicing! :D

daniel
06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Make one and I'll burn a 100 to pass out !
show how smaller gov. and less taxes will lower beer prices and
I can get a thousand more votes :-)

if someone could make some SHORT video that is funny to send around
via email - this would work as good as a 60 sec. add on fox and reach more
people.^^ just my opinion

Revolution9
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
People hear instrumental music all the time in movies, it's not glaringly noticeable.

The lyrics to a song can be pretty powerful cue points as Avaroths Ron Paul/American Pie compile shows forth so well. The trick is to get classics that cross over cultural barriers. Note that his camoaign used a "wanna be your superhero" lyric theme with blazing metal guitars. Worked great. No rap though..and frankly..country music will make a good many young kids puke as well as old school rockers. Blase/bland orchestrals are not the right soundtrack. Somehthing wilth builup and great emotional import and instant recognition such as the 1812 Overture or Beethovens Ninth.. White bread middle of the road stuff is out. It does the emotional momentum of the campaign no justice and does not convey the mood most feel.

Best Regards
Randy

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
The lyrics to a song can be pretty powerful cue points as Avaroths Ron Paul/American Pie compile shows forth so well. The trick is to get classics that cross over cultural barriers. Note that his camoaign used a "wanna be your superhero" lyric theme with blazing metal guitars. Worked great. No rap though..and frankly..country music will make a good many young kids puke as well as old school rockers. Blase/bland orchestrals are not the right soundtrack. Somehthing wilth builup and great emotional import and instant recognition such as the 1812 Overture or Beethovens Ninth.. White bread middle of the road stuff is out. It does the emotional momentum of the campaign no justice and does not convey the mood most feel.

Best Regards
Randy

The musical term is "Crescendo".