PDA

View Full Version : Should we ask Warren Buffett for an endorsement?

OferNave
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I was just reading up on Jim Rogers endorsement on dailypaul.com (http://dailypaul.com/node/4817), and it occured to me - what about Warren Buffet?

He's one of the richest men in the world. He's the only business man in his class that I have deep respect for - I almost consider him a hero in his sane and principled approach to investing. He came out to give a personal endorsement to Arnold during the California recall election, so it's not unprecedented.

If you know anything about Warren Buffett, I think you'll agree that he seems like the kind of guy who might understand and approve of Ron Paul and the movement.

I did a quick google search, and found this snail mail address for contacting him:

http://shop.borsheims.com/Borsheims/CustomerServices-ContactWarren.aspx

What do you think? Should we write a few letters? :)

-ofer

max
10-29-2007, 10:48 PM
buffet is a one worlder globalist...

hangs out with rothchilds

ctb619
He likes Clinton and Obama.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/05/09/warren-buffett-praises-clinton-obama/

born2drv
I think we would get all the financial guru endorsements on the planet if we had double digit national polling for Paul. That needs to be our objective in the meantime, people still need to be convinced he can win... once they know that they will come in droves.

Nate K
10-29-2007, 10:49 PM
go for it

bbachtung
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM
The really interesting thing about Warren Buffet is who is father was -- a Republican Congressman with libertarian tendencies who favored the gold standard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Buffett

RP mentions him in his Gold, Peace, and Prosperity pamphlet.

bbachtung
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
A really good essay on Howard Buffett is available here:

http://www.antiwar.com/stromberg/s042401.html

ross11988
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
buffet is a one worlder globalist...

hangs out with rothchilds

someone knows their stuff. you forgot to mention his involvement with eugenics

american.swan
10-29-2007, 11:00 PM
I think someone should at least find out what Buffet thinks first before assuming he is CFR whatever. Ron Paul isn't for closing our ports, so I don't see why Buffet would have a problem with him.

ross11988
10-29-2007, 11:05 PM
I think someone should at least find out what Buffet thinks first before assuming he is CFR whatever. Ron Paul isn't for closing our ports, so I don't see why Buffet would have a problem with him.

If he hangs out with the Rothschilds I dont really care what that scum thinks. Hell if I was Ron Paul and got a donation from him i would return it immediately

McDermit
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I prefer Jimmy Buffett. :P

Primbs
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Buffet was smart enough to invest in silver in the late nineties, but Buffet likes high taxes, especially the death tax.

american.swan
10-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Can someone prove the Rothschilds-Buffett link? I am not denying it. Just seems a little fishy to me.

Mr. Warren Buffett
Berkshire Hathaway Corporation
3555 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131

I might write him a letter.

jonahtrainer
10-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Can someone prove the Rothschilds-Buffett link? I am not denying it. Just seems a little fishy to me.

Mr. Warren Buffett
Berkshire Hathaway Corporation
3555 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68131

I might write him a letter.

I really admire Buffett's business acumen. His is a genius when it comes to investing. I have read all his Letter to Shareholders. But Buffett is opposed to using gold as money. However, I disagree with many of his views and think he should be more like his father who appears to have been a good and honorable man.

For the Buffett and Rothschild link put the two terms into Google Images. I am not sure how strong the links are .... for all we know they could be as strong as 911 Truthers and Ron Paul.

ctb619
10-30-2007, 12:21 AM
"Warren Buffett says he’s willing to throw his weight — and his draw as a fund-raiser — behind Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

'If there’s anything I can do to help either of these people become president, I’d be delighted to do it, and I think I’d be doing something for the country,' said the 76-year-old billionaire"

Flirple
10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Warren Buffet is a great guy, he's honest, and fantastic business man. Unfortunately, he is economically illiterate. He is a proponent of the progressive income tax and federal foreign aid. He is a Clinton supporter if I remember correctly.

His dad was indeed the Ron Paul of his day which makes it all the more disappointing that he rejects free markets.

It doesn't hurt to write him a letter as he says he reads them and responds to many. But don't get your hopes up, he rejects most of what Ron stands for.

me3
10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Buffet is pals with Jacob Rothschild.

Folks, don't dig around for endorsements from establishment types. If they come, they should come because they support principles like freedom, rule of law and the free market.

Look for media opportunities, and please, please, please convince your family and friends to vote Ron Paul.

Syren123
10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Warren Buffet is a great guy, he's honest, and fantastic business man. Unfortunately, he is economically illiterate. He is a proponent of the progressive income tax and federal foreign aid. He is a Clinton supporter if I remember correctly.

His dad was indeed the Ron Paul of his day which makes it all the more disappointing that he rejects free markets.

It doesn't hurt to write him a letter as he says he reads them and responds to many. But don't get your hopes up, he rejects most of what Ron stands for.

I was bitterly, bitterly disappointed when I found this out earlier this year. I was a great Warren Buffet admirer up til that point.

I feel so betrayed. Please don't talk about it anymore.

Flirple
10-30-2007, 12:39 AM
I was bitterly, bitterly disappointed when I found this out earlier this year. I was a great Warren Buffet admirer up til that point.

I feel so betrayed. Please don't talk about it anymore.

I still admire him despite his confusion over political issues. He is one of the most sincere and genuine people you will ever meet. He is just wrong when it comes to his politics.