PDA

View Full Version : FL-Witnesses - Man shot, beat, and withheld from medical treatment for running from cops.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Another drug war casualty.

Still early in the case, but when the "official report" fails to mention anything about a shooting, that a pretty good indication that, once again, the cover up is on.

The man who was shot doesn't paint a very sympathetic figure either, with a long "rap sheet".

Still, it indicates what the current situation is with citizens vis a vis cops. They even say it in the article:

Police advised that the best option when confronted by officers is to stop moving and put your hands up immediately.

Immediate, total and complete compliance and submission, or you will likely be shot, regardless of circumstances, crime possibly committed, or whether you are armed or not.

Man shot by Orlando cop faces charges

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-06-11/news/os-orlando-officer-involved-shooting-20110610_1_orlando-police-police-officer-man-shot

The man shot by an Orlando police officer during a drug sting on Friday night is facing charges in connection with the incident, police said Saturday.

Ronnery Fell, 27, of Orlando, has been charged with the sale and delivery of cannabis as well as resisting an officer without violence.

An Orlando police officer shot Fell in the Parramore neighborhood, sparking an outcry among some residents.

Fell was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Orlando police spokesman Sgt. Vincent Ogburn. Police have not yet identified the officer who fired the shots.

An arrest affidavit filed in the case indicated that Fell flagged down two undercover Orlando police officers about 10:30 p.m. When the vehicle stopped at the intersection of Parramore Avenue and South Street, Fell approached the vehicle to ask the occupants what they wanted.

When they replied that they wanted to buy marijuana, Fell asked how much they wanted and showed them a small plastic bag that that contained a green leafy substance so the undercover officers could see how the drugs would be packaged, according to the report.

After the officers said the size of the bag was OK, Fell rode away on a bicycle. About two minutes later,, Fell returned to the undercover officers and asked one to exit the vehicle. The officer then gave Fell two marked $20 bills and Fell passed over four clear plastic baggies of what the officer later determined was cannabis, according to the report.

The officer returned to the vehicle so other members of the Drug Enforcement Unit could be notified that the deal was complete and begin the process of arresting Fell. When Fell realized that officers were coming for him, he fled on his bicycle.

He was apprehended after a foot pursuit, according to the arrest report.

The report does not contain any information about the shooting.

As Fell ran, one of the officers "perceived some type of threat," and opened fire, police said overnight.

Police did not say how many shots were fired or where he was hit, but several onlookers claimed Fell was shot once in the back.

The shooting happened in an alley south of the 2 Scoops Ice Cream Shop.

Witnesses and friends were adamant that Fell was not armed.

"He didn't say stop, he didn't say freeze," Teresa Porter, 30, said of the officer who fired. "He pulled his gun as soon as he got out of the truck."

Resident Ezekiel Johnson, 39, said Fell had just left a party at Johnson's nearby home prior to the shooting.

Fell is "not known for violence," said Johnson, "He didn't carry a gun, he didn't carry a knife."

Police advised that the best option when confronted by officers is to stop moving and put your hands up immediately.

Fell has a lengthy arrest record for charges including domestic violence, robbery and drug offenses. According to Florida Department of Corrections records, he was released in June 2010 after serving time at Gainesville Correctional Institution for robbery.

Porter and about 10 other people on the scene said they saw officers beat Fell after he was shot, and that it took 30 to 45 minutes for an ambulance to take him from the scene.

The officer, who was not identified, was placed on administrative leave with pay, as is routine in shooting cases, Ogburn said. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting.

"They are still processing the scene, looking for evidence up to and including a gun," Ogburn said.

hillbilly123069
06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I read things like this and I'm forced to ask myself if I could just stand by and do nothing. Sooner or later I figure I will see if I know myself as well as I think. You cant do things like that when you're the law. Crime isnt getting worse, crime enforcement is. And with stories like this all the time they wonder why 1 would run. I think I can figure it out

fisharmor
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
You cant do things like that when you're the law.
Yes, when you are the law, this is precisely the type of thing which happens.

Crime isnt getting worse, crime enforcement is.
Not trying to pick on you, but what is "crime enforcement"?
What exactly is "law enforcement"?
When did it become the job of the police to "enforce" anything?

The answer of course is that it's not their job to enforce anything. Even SCOTUS agrees.
They are glorified garbage men, who most people erroneously think are charged with simply picking up the trash in society and hauling them away.
If that's what they did, then they wouldn't attract the attention of so many of us.
But if that ever was their job, it's not now.

AFPVet
06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, when you are the law, this is precisely the type of thing which happens.

Not trying to pick on you, but what is "crime enforcement"?
What exactly is "law enforcement"?
When did it become the job of the police to "enforce" anything?

The answer of course is that it's not their job to enforce anything. Even SCOTUS agrees.
They are glorified garbage men, who most people erroneously think are charged with simply picking up the trash in society and hauling them away.
If that's what they did, then they wouldn't attract the attention of so many of us.
But if that ever was their job, it's not now.

Enforcer is usually the term that mobsters use.... In my locality, they still have "citizens service" written on the sides of the police cars haha. I like the term "peace officer" as in keeper of the peace; however, we don't have too many of these anymore. I am a firm believer in "no victim, no crime."

belian78
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I read things like this and I'm forced to ask myself if I could just stand by and do nothing?

I ask myself this as well, it ties me in knots. On one hand I can't see myself witnessing something like this and doing nothing, but I realize I would likely be the only one to react. If it were just me, who would provide for my fiance and our children? Because odds are that I'd be keeping the other victim company in a rape cage or morgue.

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Why is it only cops are allowed to have adrenaline?