PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Debate Strategy for CNN Debate Tonight

TheDefender
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
CNN is taking live questions from Facebook and Twitter tonight for the candidates and will be publicly displaying them.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/cnns-dc-bureau-chief-twitter-facebook-will-be-key-in-tonights-gop-debate/

This gives us an amazing chance to guide the discussion. If we decide on a few questions and coordinate it so we ask the same ones a few times from a couple different people, they are likely to ask it.

My proposed question (will be a gotcha for all but Ron Paul):
"You all talk about returning to the constitution, other than Obamacare, name 3 govt programs that aren't constitutional".

low preference guy
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Would you recommend suspending the income tax for three years to stimulate the economy?

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
They have no intention of using the intelligent questions. Whatsoever.

low preference guy
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
What's the link to send the question?

low preference guy
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
They have no intention of using the intelligent questions. Whatsoever.

I would hope they use my question in post #2 thinking it would make Dr. Paul look bad but then people will like his answer.

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I suppose they'll still be better than Fox's next question:

"Cong-ress-man Paul, first you said you would have voted against the Civil Rights Act if you were in Congress in the 1960s, then you said you wouldn't have fought the Civil War if you were president in the 1860s, and in a recent interview with the New Hampshire Daily, you said you WOULDN'T have orderd the construction of the pyramids if you were an Egyptian Pharaoh during the 3rd Dynasty of the Old Kingdom. Tell us, Congressman, why Republicans should vote for you,"

TheDefender
06-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Haha - "Dr. Paul, since you don't support legislation outlawing it, why are you in favor of allowing teenagers to drink pool chemicals while eating batteries? Is that consistent with conservative values?".

The income tax question is perfect. Lets get a few more good ones ready.

CNN will actually like these questions. They know it will make the candidates move much further to the right or risk upsetting their base. They want to paint these guys as insane right wingers. These put everyone but Dr. Paul (and sadly maybe Michelle Bachmann on a few) in a jam.

I suppose they'll still be better than Fox's next question:

"Cong-ress-man Paul, first you said you would have voted against the Civil Rights Act if you were in Congress in the 1960s, then you said you wouldn't have fought the Civil War if you were president in the 1860s, and in a recent interview with the New Hampshire Daily, you said you WOULDN'T have orderd the construction of the pyramids if you were an Egyptian Pharaoh during the 3rd Dynasty of the Old Kingdom. Tell us, Congressman, why Republicans should vote for you,"