PDA

View Full Version : Latest Gallup Poll [June 8th-11th] - Ron Paul @ 7%

itsnobody
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/148016/Romney-Support-Widens-Advantage-2012-Preferences.aspx

Romney has the widest lead with 24%, then Palin @ 16%, Cain @ 9%, and Paul in 4th place @ 7%

When Sarah Palin isn't included in the poll Ron Paul polls @ 9% in 3rd/4th place.

We have to try to drop Romney's numbers and raise Ron Paul back up again. So what strategies should we use to drop Romney down and raise Ron Paul up?

CaptUSA
06-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Romney is only so high because people are shaky about whether the rest of the field can beat Obama. My personal suggestion would be to court as many Palin, Cain, and Bachman supporters as we can. The worst thing that could happen is that if Palin doesn't run (Big if, right?), that Romney could pisk up some of that support.

If we can get the grassroots to congeal around Paul, he'll be the anti-Romney.

itsnobody
06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Romney is only so high because people are shaky about whether the rest of the field can beat Obama. My personal suggestion would be to court as many Palin, Cain, and Bachman supporters as we can. The worst thing that could happen is that if Palin doesn't run (Big if, right?), that Romney could pisk up some of that support.

If we can get the grassroots to congeal around Paul, he'll be the anti-Romney.

I think if we court all the Palin, Cain, and Gringrich supporters then it'll be Romney vs. Paul for the nomination

RecoveringNeoCon
06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
"Romney Shows Strong Appeal to Older, Educated Republicans"

LOL

mpdsapuser
06-13-2011, 09:51 AM
The GOP should be shaky about Romney's ability to beat Obama. Romney Care has effectively neutralized any attacks on Obama Care. Just because Romney has "rugged" good looks, that won't be a factor to beat Obama's smile. If the GOP wants to win, they need someone out there who is a complete opposite from Obama and has the voting record to back it up.

Hotchney
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Romney now is the same as Guiliani last go round. He had a hugely inflated lead due to name recognition and voter confidence but ended up not really having a base in the party.

rockandrollsouls
06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
The campaign needs to paint Ron as Ronald Reagan version 2.0. There's still time to recover from 7%.....that's not where Ron should be right now.

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Romney now is the same as Guiliani last go round. He had a hugely inflated lead due to name recognition and voter confidence but ended up not really having a base in the party.

I've been saying the same thing. And by skipping the straw polls, campaigning as an East Coast liberal, and focusing on later primaries instead of Iowa, he's making all the same mistakes as Mayor Giuliani.

mconder
06-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Are people really that moronic? Apparently none of these people know who Mitt Romney is.

freedom-maniac
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Are people really that moronic? Apparently none of these people know who Mitt Romney is.

Well...that depends on which Romney you're talking about.