PDA

View Full Version : football blitz next weekend?

Nate K
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
is that happening again or was it just a one time thing?

austin356
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
We are going to hit up the LSU (Saban Hating) @ Alabama (Saban is God) game.

We are going to have a tent, and the works.

Nate K
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
We are going to hit up the LSU (Saban Hating) @ Alabama (Saban is God) game.

We are going to have a tent, and the works.

niceee how many people are you estimating with you? anyone else?

austin356
10-29-2007, 11:05 PM
niceee how many people are you estimating with you? anyone else?

a dozen volunteers and a dozen times 10,000 potential supporters

surf
10-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I think we should plan on rivalry weekend for the next blitz. This date will vary from school to school, but what a great way to get folks from both parts of the State (in Washington, Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Alabama, Georgia, Utah, Illinois, Mississippi, Florida, Oklahoma, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Virginia and a few others) or both parts of the city (SF and LA come to mind - i'm a Pac-10 guy) as well as interstate rivals (Mich vs OSU, Colorado vs Nebraska, Army vs Navy, Harvard vs Yale, Minnesota vs Iowa?)

There are many i've forgotten, but you get the point. An enthusiastic crowd always turns out for rivalry weekend.

Flyovers, rosters, chalking, etc.

Nate K
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I think we should plan on rivalry weekend for the next blitz. This date will vary from school to school, but what a great way to get folks from both parts of the State (in Washington, Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Alabama, Georgia, Utah, Illinois, Mississippi, Florida, Oklahoma, Montana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Virginia and a few others) or both parts of the city (SF and LA come to mind - i'm a Pac-10 guy) as well as interstate rivals (Mich vs OSU, Colorado vs Nebraska, Army vs Navy, Harvard vs Yale, Minnesota vs Iowa?)

There are many i've forgotten, but you get the point. An enthusiastic crowd always turns out for rivalry weekend.

Flyovers, rosters, chalking, etc.

good point. i don't know much about college ball, is there a specific rivalry weekend that goes for all schools?

surf
10-29-2007, 11:36 PM
usually the last weekend of the season - but i was checking and i noticed that our rivalry date (Washington vs Washington State) is different than the Ohio St. vs Michigan game, Army vs Navy is usually in December, and i think the Oregon schools (civil war) is a different date as well. Some are on the Friday after Thanksgiving while i believe the "Egg Bowl" (Ole Miss vs Mississippi State) is on Thanksgiving.

i'll ask the mods to make a sticky out of a "Rivalry Weekend Blitz" or something of that nature. Here's a picture of the banner we had over Husky Stadium last weekend

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/7/6/4/highres_2438756.jpeg

Nate K
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
nice man, thanks for the response.

austin356
10-30-2007, 12:01 AM
usually the last weekend of the season - but i was checking and i noticed that our rivalry date (Washington vs Washington State) is different than the Ohio St. vs Michigan game, Army vs Navy is usually in December, and i think the Oregon schools (civil war) is a different date as well. Some are on the Friday after Thanksgiving while i believe the "Egg Bowl" (Ole Miss vs Mississippi State) is on Thanksgiving.

i'll ask the mods to make a sticky out of a "Rivalry Weekend Blitz" or something of that nature. Here's a picture of the banner we had over Husky Stadium last weekend

http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/9/7/6/4/highres_2438756.jpeg

How much does one of these things usually cost? I want to push for this for a SEC game. Near A hundred thousand attendees at most games and millions watching at home.

Rob
10-30-2007, 05:30 AM
How much does one of these things usually cost? I want to push for this for a SEC game. Near A hundred thousand attendees at most games and millions watching at home.

It varies, we can can do it in Ann Arbor for about $400 and I've heard other locales have the same price. You would need to see what is locally available though.

Rob
10-30-2007, 05:34 AM
For anyone who will be doing this in the future, the plans have changed slightly for our compilation video. We're going to make it cover more than one weekend! I know shooting video might seem intimidating to some of you less experienced with a camera (I'm part of that group). However, all you really need are a few good minutes with a basic digital camera, it doesn't even need to be high resolution. Please try to do this, I guarantee you will be surprised how well the video will turn out if we get enough participants.