PDA

View Full Version : From Ron Paul to Obama? WTF?

AuH20
06-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Perplexing. :confused:

h xxp://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/06/12/obama_faces_more_voter_anxiety_less_excitement_110 179.html

Johnson, a 23-year-old college graduate with a new accounting degree in hand, is an intern at a commercial real estate firm. He would like something more permanent. But many of his college friends aren't finding work, either, and he's counting on a breakthrough in the economy.

"We have to do something different," he said, pausing at a downtown street corner on a sweltering afternoon.

Johnson supported libertarian-leaning Republican Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, for president in 2008, but he's now open to giving Obama a try.

"I feel like there's better out there, but, honestly, I'm not seeing the better right now," he said. "So he may be the best we have."

JoshLowry
06-12-2011, 10:59 PM
hahahaha

I found Ron Paul at 23 and working in a real estate office. There is still hope for young Johnson.

Matthew Zak
06-12-2011, 11:03 PM
This would make so much more sense backwards. What the hell is this? lmao

Kotin
06-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Ummmmmm wut??

That's backwards as shit.. What did he have a couple strokes since 2008?

smartguy911
06-12-2011, 11:22 PM
this is really weird. I don't think he was ever Dr. Paul supporter.

thehungarian
06-12-2011, 11:29 PM

Not a chance. Once you come to the good Dr.'s side there is no escape. He is not the bridge, he is the man waiting for you at the end of the bridge. And some other metaphors I can't think of right now too which I blame inebriation.

Kid needs to read.

Vessol
06-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Sense, this story makes none.

BLS
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM
People...c'mon.

I don't often don the tinfoil hat, but even I know this is just mass media disinformation.
If you think this is bad, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet. This time, Ron's a real threat. Last time they just laughed at him.

They're gonna pull out everything they have this time around.

FrankRep
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM
That's backwards as shit.. What did he have a couple strokes since 2008?

The Mass Media has been painting Ron Paul as a liberal so this makes sense.

Johnson supported libertarian-leaning Republican Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, for president in 2008, but he's now open to giving Obama a try. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/06/12/obama_faces_more_voter_anxiety_less_excitement_110 179.html)

cindy25
06-12-2011, 11:35 PM
converting people to our side is not 100%; many benefit from the hand outs of the govt, and vote for Obama as self interest

JoshLowry
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Think we found him: http://www.myspace.com/tennisman30/photos/57513516#{%22ImageId%22%3A1829902}

He seems like quite a young professional . . .

I'd like to know what Elliott's principles are based on without really disrupting his life.

Trolls? in my news?

It's more likely than you think.

civusamericanus
06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Forbes Media owns 51% of Realclearpolitics. Steve Forbes most recently endorsed Rand Paul and Justin Amash, unfortunately Forbes endorsed Ghouliani and the McCain in the 2008 election. I'd like to think Steve Forbes now sees through the lies peddled by the MSM, and will provide an upcomming endorsement to Ron Paul, who's more in line with Forbes principles. In the mean time, this disillusioned reporting, is only going to get worse in the coming months.

libertybrewcity
06-13-2011, 12:08 AM
It's okay everyone, I'll cover him with my vote:)

Dianne
06-13-2011, 04:31 AM
"We have to do something different," he said, pausing at a downtown street corner on a sweltering afternoon.

Johnson supported libertarian-leaning Republican Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, for president in 2008, but he's now open to giving Obama a try. "

I don't think this genius has noticed Obama has been President. He says we have to do something different, so he is going to give Obama a try lmao ... What hole did this guy crawl out of.

AZKing
06-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Erm... maybe the guy misspoke or the reporter misunderstood? That's almost too difficult to believe, considering Obama is in office...

123tim
06-13-2011, 04:48 AM
People...c'mon.

I don't often don the tinfoil hat, but even I know this is just mass media disinformation.
If you think this is bad, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet. This time, Ron's a real threat. Last time they just laughed at him.

They're gonna pull out everything they have this time around.

You're right.

I googled this story using quotes to make sure that I got the exact phrase. It looks like it's been released (Verbatim) and published at least 12,000 times by all sorts of news "sources".

Quite interesting for a mediocre article that makes no sense from the title onwards.

dean.engelhardt
06-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Sounds like this kid is just giving up. Sad story.

brandon
06-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Don't know why it's hard to believe. People vote for politicians all the time without knowing what they really stand for. Why would Paul be any different?

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Don't know why it's hard to believe. People vote for politicians all the time without knowing what they really stand for. Why would Paul be any different?

He wouldn't, necessarily. But all except the most dense and wilfully obtuse have noticed two things--Obama is in power but nothing is getting fixed, and Obama is not different from Dubya.

The MSM is so enthralled wtth their ability to make people listen to and believe absolutely moronic statements that they're not noticing something--the economy is trashed enough to make people's survival instincts kick in, which in turn makes them pay attention and think.

Diurdi
06-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Those names are mixed up. You wouldn't speak of someone who is currently president and has already showed what he goes for as "give him a try".

ItsTime
06-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Good tag line for Ron Paul supporters "I once was a Mitt Romney supporter but...."

JamesButabi
06-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Honestly that has to be backwards. The context doesn't even make sense as is.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Johnson supported libertarian-leaning Republican Ron Paul, a Texas congressman, for president in 2008, but he's now open to giving Obama a try. "

I don't think this genius has noticed Obama has been President. He says we have to do something different, so he is going to give Obama a try lmao ... What hole did this guy crawl out of.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's almost like he doesn't realize Obama is President right now and we have already tried him.

MelissaCato
06-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Evidently not.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
This would make so much more sense backwards. What the hell is this? lmaoExactly what I was thinking when I read it. I wouldn't put it past the writer to switch the guy's statement around.

BlackTerrel
06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow a 23 year old changed his mind from when he was 19. Sounds like a conspiracy.

Think we found him: http://www.myspace.com/tennisman30/photos/57513516#{%22ImageId%22%3A1829902}

I suggest leaving it alone. What would be the value of putting his info out there?