PDA

View Full Version : [Update: Now he is!] Ron Paul not among those invited to Western GOP Leadership Conference

Gage
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
http://westernrepublican.com/speakers

Brandon Todd Carr
06-11-2011, 07:53 PM
info@WesternRepublican.com

Everyone email and ask why Ron Paul isn't going.

rp08orbust
06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Before you flame them, I'd like to point out that none of the declared presidential candidates are listed there. The only potential candidate I see is Sarah Palin.

sailingaway
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
There is going to be a debate soon in Nevada. Maybe they aren't inviting the candidates to this, so as not to compete with their own event.

I'm more interested in why Rubio will be there, but not Rand.

tsai3904
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
The Chairman of the Western Republican Leadership Conference, Jon Porter, is a former Congressman who was a big supporter of the Iraq War up until he left Congress in 2009.

He wrote an article on May 17 that appeared in The Hill and listed the potential presidential candidates who have visited Nevada within the last year, and guess who he conveniently left off the list even though Ron Paul spoke at a packed University of Nevada-Reno in April and appeared in Las Vegas the same day (May 17), which he must have known.

The article is here (http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/161709-nevada-and-the-west-new-and-important-players-in-presidential-politics).

While Mitt Romney was the only candidate to seriously compete in Nevada during the 2008 nomination process, potential 2012 aspirants Tim Pawlenty, Michelle Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Haley Barbour, Rick Santorum and Romney have already visited the Silver State in the last year – each focusing on the issues that concern our region.

Don't expect him to invite Ron or Rand Paul.

libertybrewcity
06-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I would like to see Rand Paul at this conference. I'm sure Ron will have more important things to do, but Rand is definitely an up and coming Republican leader.

Liberty_Mike
06-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Before you flame them, I'd like to point out that none of the declared presidential candidates are listed there. The only potential candidate I see is Sarah Palin.

I just read the original form topic and was about to post the exact same thing as you until I saw your post. Everyone, no declared 2012 presidential candidates are speaking at this event, so I say let's just calm down for a minute..

Carehn
06-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Going through the list it reminds me how much i hate the republican party. The hole issue of working in or out of it has been settled for me and i do what i can within the party but every now and then something makes me take a step back and come to the horrible realization that i'm in this horrible, horrible party filled with demon seed.

Matt Collins
06-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Before you flame them, I'd like to point out that none of the declared presidential candidates are listed there. Bingo... give them some time and see who else they put up before you rib them about this.

Agorism
06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
emailed

V3n
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Bingo... give them some time and see who else they put up before you rib them about this.

I'm sure there are events that Ron Paul turns down because he is speaking somewhere else, or doing his job in Washington. I think I remember a time in the last election cycle we pissed some folks off by melting some e-mail servers of folks who invited Dr. Paul, and he declined. I agree we should wait and gather facts before acting.

Paul4Prez
06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Ron Paul not invited to a GOP "Leadership" conference, when he's been leading the party philosophically for the past four years? That's like the Israelites not inviting Moses to the Promised Land Leadership Conference after he guided them through the Red Sea and the desert.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm sure there are events that Ron Paul turns down because he is speaking somewhere else, or doing his job in Washington. I think I remember a time in the last election cycle we pissed some folks off by melting some e-mail servers of folks who invited Dr. Paul, and he declined. I agree we should wait and gather facts before acting.

^^

tsai3904
08-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Ron Paul is now a confirmed speaker at the Western Republican Leadership Conference. The Conference is October 19 to 21 and includes a CNN sponsored debate on October 18 at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.

Today is the last day for early bird tickets that cost $188.94, which includes the debate and the entire conference.

Student tickets cost $136.44 and you must register with your .edu email address.

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
YAAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!! Probably due to our emailing:)

tsai3904
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
YAAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!! Probably due to our emailing:)

I think it had to do with the GOP debate they have planned a day before the conference.

libertybrewcity
08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
no wonder why tickets are so expensive...they're held at one of the most expensive hotels in vegas..shesh

Agorism
08-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Shoot i just emailed. I was nice though.

Wouldn't have sent it if I read further down the thread.

Can the mod re-title it?

Dlynne
08-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Ron Paul people should pack this event. I will definitely go.

tsai3904
08-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Ron Paul people should pack this event. I will definitely go.

Today is the last day for early bird ticket prices, unless you are a student (no deadline). You can register for the conference here:

http://wrlc.eventbrite.com/

asurfaholic
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Hope ron paul people have some extra cash laying around...

JackieDan
08-18-2011, 01:52 AM
I emailed a few days ago, and received this message today,

Congressman Paul is both invited and confirmed to speak at the WRLC. Please visit www.WesternRepublican.com/speakers for additional guests

We hope you can attend!

This is good news! We made it.

KingRobbStark
08-18-2011, 02:15 AM
People should the damn thread before emailing.

havoc37
08-18-2011, 02:28 AM
E-mailed.

JackieDan
08-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Moderator should close this thread. Ron Paul has already been invited and confirmed that he will appear.
Visit: www.WesternRepublican.com/speakers

Imaginos
08-18-2011, 04:32 AM
I'm more interested in why Rubio will be there, but not Rand.
Rubio is chosen by 'the chosen'.
Just ask him where did he go right after his victory.