PDA

View Full Version : TSA Harasses Mentally Disabled Man As Possible Terrorist

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 04:02 PM
TSA Torments Special Needs Man at Detroit Airport (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/89637.html)

Karen De Coster | LewRockwell.com (http://www.lewrockwell.com/)
June 11, 2011

Drew is severely mentally disabled, yet he was singled out for abuse from TSA agents (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/news/national/dad-special-needs-son-harassed-by-tsa-at-detroit-metropolitan-airport-20110608-wpms_13594994).

The family was going through security when two TSA agents singled Drew Mandy out for a special pat down. Drew is severely mentally disabled. He's 29, but his parents said he has the mental capacity of a two-year-old, which made the experience that followed at metro Detroit's McNamera Terminal that much harder to deal with.

You see, the TSA was horrified that this young man was carrying his two favorite toys with him that he takes everywhere - a 6-inch plastic hammer and a baseball. The hammer was singled out as a ......... yes ...... a weapon. The TSA proceeded to take his plastic hammer and grope his private parts, wherein they proceeded to question the young man's adult diapers, even as they could clearly assess this man's mental capabilities.

The young man's father, Dr. David Mandy, was very upset about the whole incident, yet he still reinforced the perception that Americans just can't seem to get over. He said, "I realize they're trying to keep people safe, but come on, does he look like a terrorist?" It boggles my mind that some of the worst victims of government terrorism still can't get past the propaganda and recognize why the federal government has institutionalized violence and fear on such a massive scale. No Dr. Mandy, this has nothing to do with "keeping people safe." It has everything to do with keeping people under control and in perpetual fear.

TSA Harasses Mentally Disabled Man As Possible Terrorist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkvAC8KTP8

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Time for a suit under the ADA. Wonder if the ACLU would take it on.

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 04:08 PM
They are NOT trying to KEEP PEOPLE SAFE. It's time to get over this infantile perconception.

There is no hope, mundane... GET IN LINE, and SHUT UP.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Ron Paul on TSA Abuse: "Enough Is Enough" (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5234-ron-paul-on-tsa-abuse-qenough-is-enoughq)

Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) introduced the "American Traveler Dignity Act (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=39468)" on November 17 to rein in the intrusive and invasive airport searches by the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-N5adYM7Kw&feature=player_embedded

AGRP
06-11-2011, 04:12 PM
"I realize theyre trying to keep people safe, but you know..."

What a good sheep. That attitude is why the TSA exists.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Time for a suit under the ADA. Wonder if the ACLU would take it on.

I'm not a fan of the ADA, but this would be a good use of it.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2011, 04:29 PM
"They hate us for our freedom"

AZKing
06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
But... but... now they'll start strapping bombs to mentally disabled people!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? That's what they said about babies and kids... That's why we need extensive searches for 6 year olds.

qh4dotcom
06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
All of this TSA groping is disgusting but the Obama supporters are getting groped too. Something has to wake them up.

Carehn
06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Why are they so apologetic? And nothing will happen by the way. They where put back to sleep with a nice letter!!! HAAA!!!

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
The only difference between our country now and Nazi Germany is we're not slaughtering Jews.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:03 PM
The only difference between our country now and Nazi Germany is we're not slaughtering Jews.
Germany was MUCH worse. Trust me.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:04 PM

And in some ways better. Their currency for example was a lot better than the dollar. No inflation.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM
And in some ways better. Their currency for example was a lot better than the dollar. No inflation.
Wow. You're going to make the statement the Nazi Germany is better than the United States? You better watch yourself.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow. You're going to make the statement the Nazi Germany is better than the United States? You better watch yourself.

LOL. Thanks for reminding us that you can't read.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
LOL. Thanks for reminding us that you can't read.
I was talking about lack of liberties in Nazi Germany and you start talking about how great Nazi Germany was.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I was talking about lack of liberties in Nazi Germany and you start talking about how great Nazi Germany was.

What about trying to read my post one more time?

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:15 PM
What about trying to read my post one more time?
I read it and I could care less about great Nazi Germany was because of its Zero Inflation rate.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I read it and I could care less about great Nazi Germany was because of its Zero Inflation rate.

It shows how bad things are when even Nazi Germany did many important things better than the U.S. I care and would like the U.S. to improve.

Carehn
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
It shows how bad things are when even Nazi Germany did many important things better than the U.S. I care and would like the U.S. to improve.

I think we all know that your little more then a Jew hating warmonger. Its pretty clear that's what you meant.

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Whoops - I must have missed where he said how great Nazi Germany was. Mind quoting that?

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Whoops - I must have missed where he said how great Nazi Germany was. Mind quoting that?

Back on subject:

TSA Harasses Mentally Disabled Man As Possible Terrorist
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/89637.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkvAC8KTP8

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Back on subject:

LoL!!!

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Back on subject:

And of course by "back on subject" you mean, "I can't quote where he said 'how great Nazi Germany was', because of course he didn't say that."

'kay. Thanks!

Anti Federalist
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Lots of people in the 1930s thought that the NAZI regime had finally figured it all out, and were very supportive of it.

They "made the trains run on time".

http://www.ushmm.org/lcmedia/photo/lc/image/00/00872.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NE-72ZXux-g/SiAKsvg0PdI/AAAAAAAAJd4/HRcKyQnZS50/s1600/727px-German_American_Bund_NYWTS.jpg

http://www.ushmm.org/lcmedia/photo/lc/image/00/00535.jpg

http://www.didyouknowthat.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hitler-Time-man-of-the-year.jpg

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
And of course by "back on subject" you mean, "I can't quote where he said 'how great Nazi Germany was', because of course he didn't say that."

'kay. Thanks!
=============

low preference guy: Nazi Germany is "in some ways better" than the United States.

Millions of people being tortured and dying in the Holocaust, but Nazi Germany is "in some ways better" than the United States.

'kay. Thanks!

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Millions of people tortured/dying in the Holocaust, but Nazi Germany is "in some ways better" than the United States.

lol!

Mr. Short Attention Span, let me introduce you to "context".

I know every poster understood, so I'm not even worried about your smears. I'm answering to do you a favor and teach you something. Let me explain to you that the discussion is of an hypothetical Nazi Germany that didn't slaughter Jews, as shown by the post that started the discussion. Try reading even AGAIN. You might get it this time.

amy31416
06-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Millions of people being tortured and dying in the Holocaust, but Nazi Germany is "in some ways better" than the United States. 'kay. Thanks!

Calm down. There are some ways that Imperial Japan was better than the US. There are currently some ways that Communist China is better than the US now. There are some ways that Italy under Mussolini was better than the US.

You just lose your shit because it's Nazi Germany.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I know every poster understood, so I'm not even worried about your smears. But let me explain to you that the discussion is of an hypothetical Nazi Germany that didn't slaughter Jews. Try reading even AGAIN. You might get it this time.

Nazi Germany.... DID ... slaughter Jews, millions of them.

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
'In some ways better' (especially in regards currency, a major issue to we liberty advocates) =/= "How great Nazi Germany" was.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult to admit you mispoke.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Nazi Germany.... DID ... slaughter Jews, millions of them.

lol, Frank. Awesome job.

My last try, I'll put in bold the key parts to see if you can understand:

Mr. Short Attention Span, let me introduce you to "context".

I know every poster understood, so I'm not even worried about your smears. I'm answering to do you a favor and teach you something. Let me explain to you that the discussion is of an hypothetical Nazi Germany that didn't slaughter Jews, as shown by the post that started the discussion. Try reading even AGAIN. You might get it this time.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 07:00 PM
'In some ways better' (especially in regards currency, a major issue to we liberty advocates) =/= "How great Nazi Germany" was.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult to admit you mispoke.

"In some ways better"

I take offensive to the words above in relation to Nazi Germany.

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
"In some ways better"

I take offensive to the words above in relation to Nazi Germany.

That's fine. But it distorts his words to say that he said Nazi Germany was great.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
That's fine. But it distorts his words to say that he said Nazi Germany was great.
(Nazi Gemany is "In some ways better" than the United States) is just as bad in my opinion.

low preference guy
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
(Nazi Gemany is "In some ways better" than the United States) is just as bad in my opinion.

Yeah, many illiterates feel the same way, so I'm not surprised.

A Son of Liberty
06-11-2011, 07:13 PM

So anything that Nazi Germany did must not be repeated by any other state? So because Nazi Germany had commodity money, it must be evil?

What?!

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 07:16 PM
So anything that Nazi Germany did must not be repeated by any other state? So because Nazi Germany had commodity money, it must be evil?

Commodity money existed before Nazi Germany. I support Commodity money.

specsaregood
06-11-2011, 07:21 PM

How much less could you care? I'm guessing a lot.

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, many illiterates feel the same way, so I'm not surprised.

I'd accuse you of being rude, but fortunately I know deep in my heart that Frank calls out anything on the forum that could be misinterpreted by any G.O.P. primary voter (literate or not) and that you know this too. So, have some benefit of the doubt.

A Son of Liberty
Commodity money existed before Nazi Germany. I support Commodity money.

Yes, and since Nazi Germany had commodity money, in that one particular aspect, Nazi Germany has it over on our current society.

speciallyblend
I'm not a fan of the ADA, but this would be a good use of it.

if you had a disability and got fired for no reason, especially when that disablity does not affect your work!! you wouldnt be so against the ada!!!
now my daughter can get a job without fear of losing her job over nothing!!!

specsaregood
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
if you had a disability and got fired for no reason, especially when that disablity does not affect your work!! you wouldnt be so against the ada!!!
now my daughter can get a job without fear of losing her job over nothing!!!

a government that has the right to tell you who you can and can't hire/fire is a government that has the right to tell you that you can't smoke pot and throw you in jail for it.

FrankRep
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd accuse you of being rude, but fortunately I know deep in my heart that Frank calls out anything on the forum that could be misinterpreted by any G.O.P. primary voter (literate or not) and that you know this too. So, have some benefit of the doubt.
That is true. You know how sensitive the GOP is about topics dealing with Israel, Jews, and Nazi Germany.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
a government that has the right to tell you who you can and can't hire/fire is a government that has the right to tell you that you can't smoke pot and throw you in jail for it.
This ^^ Prior to the ADA, acceptance and employment of disabled people had been on the rise for about a decade. After the ADA, disabled people became a liability. Now, it's harder for disabled people to find work and generally function. :( In fact, in recent years there have been ad campaigns by various groups representing the disabled encouraging employers to "capitalize on disabled employees' abilities" in hopes of reversing the trend.

doodle
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
It boggles my mind that some of the worst victims of government terrorism still can't get past the propaganda and recognize why the federal government has institutionalized violence and fear on such a massive scale. No Dr. Mandy, this has nothing to do with "keeping people safe." It has everything to do with keeping people under control and in perpetual fear.

Frank, I would concede that Obama and his handlers like Bush want to use fear for political purposes. But you don't believe that they also fear blowbacks from bombings in Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Iraq, Gaza etc and therefore are letting terrorists win by making life of Americans and their daughters, sons difficult by putting them through enhanced gropings?

As long as we have current foreign aid programs for Israel and mideast dictatorship regimes, these gropings do not seem too far fetched.

speciallyblend
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM

yadadadada ,if it wasn;t for corrupt bastards firing folks for no reason. then we wouldnt have the ada. i support the ada in colorado end of story!! we can agree to disagree.

specsaregood
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
yadadadada ,if it wasn;t for corrupt bastards firing folks for no reason. then we wouldnt have the ada. i support the ada in colorado end of story!! we can agree to disagree.

and if it wasn't for druggies getting effed up and killing people, causing accidents, robbing and raping innocents and children we wouldn't have the drug war. i'm sorry to hear you have no respect for private property rights.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/562900/facepalm.jpg

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 07:58 PM
and if it wasn't for druggies getting effed up and killing people, causing accidents, robbing and raping innocents and children we wouldn't have the drug war. i'm sorry to hear you have no respect for private property rights.
Was that the pretext for the WoD? I thought it was some neo-puritan crusade that also grew the government. It started when I was very young, so I don't recall all the details.

LibForestPaul
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Just Muslims I suppose...
How many have we slaughtered since first Iraq invasion? Not over a million?

specsaregood
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Was that the pretext for the WoD? I thought it was some neo-puritan crusade that also grew the government. It started when I was very young, so I don't recall all the details.

I'm not sure, I think the pretext actually had something to do with chicken eggs and the dangers of frying pans. But I've sure heard the dangerous druggie excuse plenty of times for why it needs to continue.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure, I think the pretext actually had something to do with chicken eggs and the dangers of frying pans. But I've sure heard the dangerous druggie excuse plenty of times for why it needs to continue.
lolz! IOU 1 +rep for the lolz when I get some more.