PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on private transportation

Jeremy
06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Tu8L7fV9g

We were discussing this in chat, and then I just happened to be watching this video.

No Free Beer
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
great vid

malkusm
06-11-2011, 03:54 PM
LOL @ Ron between 0:10 and 0:17, he gets so flustered reading this guy's letter -

"I use it to go to bars -- to the bar on weekends, oh! -- so I don't drive drunk"

:D

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
GREAT SHADES OF WALTER BLOCK!! :eek: :D W00T!! I'm impressed that he's taken such a sensible, libertarian position on this. I suspect several RPFers will be upset about him for this. (I recall quite a bit of outcry from more conservative members when the privatization of roads discussion came up)

Jeremy
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
GREAT SHADES OF WALTER BLOCK!! :eek: :D W00T!! I'm impressed that he's taken such a sensible, libertarian position on this. I suspect several RPFers will be upset about him for this. (I recall quite a bit of outcry from more conservative members when the privatization of roads discussion came up)

Conservative? I think the more liberal-libertarians (Reason, Gary Johnson, etc.) are the ones who might have a problem with it. The Conservatives are Ron Paul, Tom Woods, etc.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Conservative? I think the more liberal-libertarians (Reason, Gary Johnson, etc.) are the ones who might have a problem with it. The Conservatives are Ron Paul, Tom Woods, etc.

Sorry, I meant to say the more conservative members of RPF's-the last time the privatization of roads came up, these are the members who opposed it-IIRC. My bad! (if it wasn't clear, I was referring to RP's point in the vid about privatizing highways and public transport-one of Block's favorite topics)

libertybrewcity
06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
This is a great video. I wish more conservatives addressed and supported this issue. It just seems rather unpopular for obvious reasons..

CaseyJones
06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
bump for Rons dreams of private transportation