PDA

View Full Version : [Test] The Pierley/Redford Dissociative Affect Diagnostic

iGGz
06-11-2011, 01:37 AM
---

WARNING
If you are easily hypnotized or believe you could be easily hypnotized avoid this test.

http://www.hypnoid.com/psytest2.html

http://i52.tinypic.com/111mnex.jpg

My Diagnosis
You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.

---

liberalnurse
06-11-2011, 04:41 AM
My Diagnosis: You are not a leader of men but an organizer of men. You need order and organization to feel secure about your life. You will usually have extensive knowledge about your family history and tradition. You have little use for things that are not useful. Hard work, thrift and dedication are the way to your heart. You always deal with others in a steadfast, straight forwarded manner, and consequently expect otheres to behave the same way. The strange, the illicit, the unusual have no place in your mindset. Proper planning and organization is a distinct pleasure to you. Because of your sense of responsibility, you will often accept leadership roles that can be onerous and difficult. Your thinking is sequential. Relationships for you often revolve around mutual responsibility. Good parenting is of prime importance, as is the duties that one lover has to the other. You are intensely loyal, but on occasion can be so obsessed with duties of a relationship that you can forget to address the private moments that give a relationship meaning. Oddly, you can be extremely sentimental. :) Actually this is pretty much spot on for me.

t0rnado
06-11-2011, 05:19 AM
This isn't a scientific test nor is it based on any sort of scientific facts. The results are only useful for posting on Myspace to show your equally illiterate friends.

pacelli
06-11-2011, 08:27 AM
This isn't a scientific test nor is it based on any sort of scientific facts. The results are only useful for posting on Myspace to show your equally illiterate friends.

I can't find norms on it anywhere. It isn't showing up in the mental measurements yearbook. I have to concur until I see evidence.

Philhelm
06-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I couldn't get past the first question which was:

Which of these circles is angry? A or B. I observed a red circle on the left and a white circle on the right with some distortion going on... I do not know how to answer...

Seems like this test is missing: C. Spock

iGGz
06-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Well I'll be dammed, you're a genius! lol...

From reading your posts, I've realized I couldn't live for a second in your very, very angry shoes. Cheer up chap, you don't want to be some pissed off child your entire life, do you? Angst was so last year.

I can't find norms on it anywhere. It isn't showing up in the mental measurements yearbook. I have to concur until I see evidence.
lol, Doctor in the house?

I couldn't get past the first question which was:

Which of these circles is angry? A or B. I observed a red circle on the left and a white circle on the right with some distortion going on... I do not know how to answer...

You may have Disassociate Personality Disorder, you may want to get that checked out. I'm sorry.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-11-2011, 01:56 PM
You may have Disassociate Personality Disorder, you may want to get that checked out. I'm sorry.

That sucks. Can it be cured with a lifetime prescription of any FDA approved drugs?

MelissaWV
06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
What the hell is this test... seriously?

That said, I took it, mostly clicking randomly unless a specific answer made sense.

Quiet and very self-assured, you tend to keep your own council. Pragmatic and practical to a fault, you are not one to worry about the finer points of philosophical discourse. In fact, because you are very much an individualist, you often finds yourself at odds with the established truth or the wishes of the majority. You will often earn the wrath of an employer by taking upon yourself decisions which are rightly those of your manager. You are not one to take credit unless it is deserved. Similarly however, you will also not happily give credit where it is not due. In a romantic relationship you can be very frustrating. While you do care deeply and sincerely, and are willing to work at a relationship, your confidence in your own abilities can on occasion make it difficult to see the world from a partner’s point of view. Quiet and stoic at times, you can drive a more emotional individual completely up the wall. You can become overstressed and fatigued without knowing it. Taking time to rest between bouts of hard work can help to prevent a breakdown later on.

That'll teach me to randomize.

VanBummel
06-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I know this isn't scientific or anything...but it really has me pegged.

You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Well there's four minutes I'll never get back.

Sometimes-geometric shapes that aren't clearly defined and don't hold still--and by their own admission mean nothing at all--and a bunch of seriously silly questions. And, in the end, an analysis which (in my case) is almost half right.

No, I don't think finding no sense in this silliness means you have DID. Quite the opposite. People with DID can inavariably be hypnotized; for those of us who can't I believe this test will never register, or mean, a thing.

And if you can easily be hypnotized, and are alone, maybe you shouldn't even click.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Well there's four minutes I'll never get back.

So you're saying this could be a real test?

Check out his blog, it's pretty interesting-
http://www.hypnoid.com/psytestApr/

Here is another one created by the same person:
http://www.hypnoid.com/psytestApr/EM_Beige_Feb2011.html

http://i56.tinypic.com/ixsfes.jpg

Story of the Test:
There has been way more interest in this thing than I expected (since I expected zero) and some people have asked what it all means. Here's the essentials: I created the first one for a client who paid me and then basically fell off the radar. About a year later they contacted me about making more tests and we began the process. Unfortunately, at that point I sent the first one to a prospective client as an example of my work, and someone there apparently posted the link to Reddit.com. The version on my site was an early test copy in which I'd placed my own email address in the response link.

So about 100 people sent emails asking me to continue testing. Perhaps unwisely, I decided to amuse myself and created a new test of my own design that had no solution, which I sent out to all the respondents as a joke:
http://www.hypnoid.com/test2/

But then someone posted the original, genuine test to a site called i09 and I received over 900 (and counting) people who wanted to sign up for more. Unfortunately, at this point the original client found out about this and became FURIOUS. Very, very mad. Because I'd signed confidentiality agreements with them, they threatened to... well, these people are Austrian and so they are very skilled at expressing displeasure. I decided to just lay low and plead ignorance.

But then the client broke off all contact. Their website is impenetrable. I have gotten absolutely no acknowledgement of the invoices I turned in. I threatened to share the rest of their tests unless they responded... but no luck.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
From the creators blog-

July 27, 2008:

Aha! Turns out I was spelling their name with two ‘S’s instead of one, which explains the first few minutes of extreme confusion…
Generally speaking I dread new clients. The small ones are often unsure (and yet obsessive) micro-managers, who will take their uncertainty out on YOU, the hapless designer.

So I was surprised that this new gig seemed decent from the get-go —because they know exactly what they want. Because they are German SCIENTISTS, who work in a massive five story building WITHOUT WINDOWS, on the WEEKEND.

It would have been more dramatic if the place weren’t full of fuzzy cubicles and crappy office furniture from the ’80s. And actually they were Austrian and not German. The thin old lady with the accent that I met in the entryway made a joke when I told her that I liked Berlin. She said everyone thought Hitler was German when he was really Austrian, and yet Einstein was the other way around… or else the whole joke was the other way around. She seemed to think it was funny. This is why I love scientists.

I met with her and two others, and essentially I just need to recreate some visual test they administer so their company can repurpose it for the web. They projected some of it onto a screen from an ancient 16mm projector (Junior High school nostalgia) and I couldn’t tell if the test was especially creepy because it was so old, or because it was especially creepy. Which I like. I am pro-creepy. Seemed to be a series of ‘yes’ ‘no’ questions that don’t totally make sense.

Their only concern was regarding the refresh rate of modern computers, which is how many times a processor redraws the monitor image… all of which I told them I would have to go figure out. I just do pictures man.

Anyway, seems like decent money.

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Neat. Sounds like it's good to be immune to hypnosis. Saves you a lot of head pain.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
August 7, 2008:

I finalized the job with these German scientists today… except that they’re not really German they’re Austrian, and they’re not really scientists, they’re doctors. Actually, these people are a bit annoying; my excitement has already waned. Maybe it’s because they’re medical doctors, but the men and women I met today have the personality of wine snobs, or the sort of people who used to work at record stores (back when there were record stores). At any rate, they were professional enough but I couldn’t help feeling that I was somehow inexplicably lacking in taste when I met with them this second time to get the details on this latest flash work.

Apparently they’ve been around for years and years as some sort of multinational research group. But only now are they realizing that they have to move into the digital age. I got the script and will come back with a quick proof of concept in a few days. Dr. [ Brarely?? ] (her accent made it sound like she had a mouthful of cheese), said it is ‘vitally’ important that I reproduce the experience of their crappy 16mm movie as closely as possible. I told her I could improve the image quality and she totally snapped: “You will do it exactly our way!” I don’t think she is used to people who talk back to her.

This is why doctors get on my nerves; they’re all trained to think they’re God…

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
August 14, 2008:

After my work day was over, I headed to the Austrian Bunker where I met with my German doctors. I’m just going to call them German because that’s the accent they have. Actually there was an American guy there this time, whose name was Monroe and who, at some point in the conversation, let slip that he was a descendent of the president (and by president I mean President Monroe, the man who came up with the doctrine). He was just taking notes however, and seemed at least somewhat sympathetic when Dr. Pierley (rhymes with barely, as in ‘barely able to contain her anger’) started complaining about the demo I brought in.

Apparently I missed the whole point of the exercise, which was that the weird stroboscoping quality of the aging 16mm film was something she wanted to KEEP. She began a lecture about brainwave frequency, occular refresh rate, etc. and I stared at her with all the comprehension of a dog watching TV.

Obviously frustrated with me, she went and had a pow-wow with her Austrian brothers and I thought they were going to fire me, but instead they took me to a room and gave me the complete test in its appropriate environment… which I have to say was pretty cool.

The room was battleship grey and had ambient light sources (from somewhere), giving the whole thing a hazy, floating quality. The projector sound was masked by a low humming thing that one of the tech guys turned on, and then they sat me in front of the screen with a helmet on, that held my neck stiff and pointed constantly at the screen, with what seemed to be a laser directed into my right eye. I made a joke about going blind and Dr. Pierley assured me that it was not a laser but just highly collimated single wavelength light (which according to Google is the definition of a laser, so I think she was just fed up with me at this point).

I’d already read the entire thing for my demo, but now the questions seemed more unnerving. I had to answer “A” or “B” based on seemingly irrelevant questions about random shapes that appeared on screen. Later she told me the whole experience was designed to send the conscious mind into a kind of fugue state and that the strobing was the most important part of the process. My right eye started to throb and it bothers me still, 3 hours later. I got a splitting headache and really didn’t care if they fired me. But oddly, she seemed impressed by my responses. Not sure why, since it all appeared quite random. She said they’d test me more when I brought in the next iteration.

Before I left, one of the tech guys brought over a sheet of paper with specific frame rates and color flickering patterns that he said I should use in my flash. I felt weirdly calm and peaceful walking back to the car… as if I’d taken a Xanax. But now I am going to see if I have any real Xanax in the house, because my head feels like it’s going to split in two.

How did it get so late?!

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
August 18, 2008:

So these Austrian Doctors are the most anal retentive clients EVER. I mean they somehow spotted an RGB color that was off by 2 points (out of 255) in the red channel. The tech guy whose name I can never remember was watching on screen and he turned to Dr. Pierley and said, “needs a few percentage points red.” And she nodded to him as if she’d been thinking the same thing. This is why I call these people wine snobs.

But now every time I bring in a version to check out, the doctor gives me another test. It’s a bit like a mental massage; I definitely feel better after leaving… The light is still giving me massive headaches though; feels like it’s digging into my brain.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
September 11, 2008:

A weird ending to a weird job. The Austrian Bunker Doctors were finally, finally happy with the flash thing I made for them (which if they weren’t so picky would have been done weeks ago). Dr. Pierley was actually complimentary; I overheard her describing me to one of the other doctors as very effective. She mentioned some new contract for vets coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and I can only assume that means a lot of cash. I believe they were celebrating with a little party of some sort, or else it was someone’s birthday or something.

She gave me a check for my work, and began talking about a new series of tests that she might want to begin working on in a few weeks. But then I mentioned… Somehow it came up that I’d been writing this blog, and the woman instantly flipped back into her obsessive weirdo mode. She told me that this was all super confidential, they had proprietary algorithms, etc… Admittedly, I signed confidentiality papers, but it’s not breaking confidentiality to just say you worked somewhere, is it?!

I was a little hesitant to let her administer another test to me, given her annoyance, but the doctor was pretty insistent and ultimately I think getting back to her core competency (wiring people up to things) calmed the woman down. I’ve had issues with them over the last few weeks, but I believe they are legitimate doctors doing valuable work.

I suppose if I want more hours from these folks I should stop writing this thing. I don’t really have the energy to do much more, frankly.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
December 20, 2009:

A barrier of consciousness wears away as sleep begins to dismantle the mind. Suddenly there are multiple, simultaneous monologs …and occasionally, hovering on the boundary of sleep, bits and pieces of that narrative are rescued and I find myself hearing my dead father’s voice.

If I were superstitious I’d believe in ghosts, but it’s more likely just a model of my father in my head. In the same sense, my wife can walk into a room while I’m reading, say something funny, then predict what I would say in response, to mock me. She knows exactly what words are rising unspoken in the back of my mind and says them before I do.

I imagine there are hundreds of these in constant operation within everyone. These agents would certainly predate the evolution of consciousness. An entity would need to evolve the ability to create such models as a means of efficiently predicting its environment.

Perhaps the brain of early man was an ever larger complex of small-scale agents, which became more complex as simple vocalizations grew into a language. But at some point there had to come a moment at which the model of that entity which was the self became the self that we think of when we say we are self-conscious.

And then the light of that illumination drowned out the other voices, pushing them back behind the wall of sleep, to creep out in dreams, or to filter their cacophony up through the levels of the brain in the form of intuition and prediction, or to reach through to conscious thought in a rare moment, when the self is preparing to rest, and our dead fathers reprimand us for some long forgotten, long forgiven fault.

This is what goes through my head as I lay awake with these splitting headaches. I think I’ve been staring too hard at the computer screen, as my right eye constantly aches. I am writing this from my computer in the living room, unable to sleep but not wanting to wake my wife.

On the brighter side of things, the Austrian doctor called this afternoon. Apparently her project is going well and they’re going to need more work. I must have been groggy because it actually took a while to remember who she was, and the woman has a very distinctive voice.
THE END

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Maybe you should take that link out of the OP and move it to page three. I hate to think of half the forum sitting hypnotized like veggies in front of their computers for the next week--and waking up with migranes.

At least maybe you should edit the OP with a warning label...

iGGz
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Maybe you should take that link out of the OP and move it to page three. I hate to think of half the forum sitting hypnotized like veggies in front of their computers for the next week--and waking up with migranes.

At least maybe you should edit the OP with a warning label...

Like that?

I honestly can't tell if the blog is real. I have a feeling he made the tests and blogs as a joke?

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Like that?

I honestly can't tell if the blog is real. I have a feeling he made the tests and blogs as a joke?

That seems more than enough warning.

Who knows? It does read like a cheap 60's spy novel...

iGGz
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

WilliamC
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I prefer the enneagram method of personality myself, see http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp for a short, free assessment.

I seem to be mostly a five-with-a-four-wing myself.

dejavu22
06-11-2011, 04:07 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/dejavu22/test.jpg

Ok im curious now how did it come up with this assessment?

CaseyJones
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
having scrolled past all comments I will say the first question was to silly for me to proceed

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok im curious now how did it come up with this assessment?

Oh, you saved it to photobucket? I tried to copy and paste, but it wouldn't let me copy.

They say they administered the test to a number of people whose traits they knew, and match your test to those people. Which is why I suspect that the more easily you're hypnotized, the more meaningful the results. They didn't bat .500 with me. So, trial and error--in my case, heavy on the error. 'I have trouble expressing myself'. Is that so..?

dejavu22
06-11-2011, 04:19 PM
do a print screen then paste it into paint and save then upload.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 04:21 PM
having scrolled past all comments I will say the first question was to silly for me to proceed

http://i56.tinypic.com/154hzc7.gif

MelissaWV
06-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I know this isn't scientific or anything...but it really has me pegged.

You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine.

It has you pegged in the same way horoscopes seem to be accurate.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
It has you pegged in the same way horoscopes seem to be accurate.

Which is amazingly accurate and definitively true.

CaseyJones
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/154hzc7.gif
lol

iGGz
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Bump for mind control

dejavu22
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Sorry not able to post... still hypnotized

iGGz
06-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Sorry not able to post... still hypnotized

Are you okay now?

dejavu22
06-11-2011, 09:16 PM
No i think i'm fine now ... just got back from the store.. the TV told me i wanted a Klondike bar. Now im in the mood to by a new car but its too late to go to the dealership anymore :(

iGGz
06-11-2011, 09:21 PM
No i think i'm fine now ... just got back from the store.. the TV told me i wanted a Klondike bar. Now im in the mood to by a new car but its too late to go to the dealership anymore :(

You sound like a typical American consumer to me, glad you're okay now.

Send me $20,000