PDA

View Full Version : Report: Police talking to 17-year-old girl about online chats with Weiner

RonPaulFanInGA
06-10-2011, 04:54 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/10/report-police-talking-to-17-year-old-girl-about-online-chats-with-weiner/

yoshimaroka
06-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The whole Weiner story is the distraction of the month.

UtahApocalypse
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rGr6ZZg9H1s/TNDOM2o0QHI/AAAAAAAAARQ/53ZhNriFyR4/s1600/toast.png

he is done now.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Eh... wouldn't that depend on when the conversations took place and what states are involved?

But yeah, this is the height of distraction. When things get too "soap opera," you should be suspicious of the perfection of the scandal.

ChaosControl
06-10-2011, 05:39 PM
If police have time to waste over some online conversation then I think those are positions that don't need to exist to begin with.

kah13176
06-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Why is that even a big deal? A girl voluntarily chatted with someone. Non-aggression principle not violated. End of story.

Nate-ForLiberty
06-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Why is that even a big deal? A girl voluntarily chatted with someone. Non-aggression principle not violated. End of story.

Because it's for the children, and we have to determine if she was a child at the time. Because there is a precise date that someone goes from underage victim to consenting adult.

IT's FOR THE CHILDREN, MAN!

*/sarcasm (just in case ppls' sarcasm meter is off)

HOLLYWOOD
06-10-2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.oldfishandlemonade.com/pix/wdyhasot.jpg

dannno
06-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Oh boy, here we go..

libertarian4321
06-10-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.oldfishandlemonade.com/pix/wdyhasot.jpg

I'd love to see Weiner starring in an episode of To Catch a Predator!

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Yep, that'll pretty much do it for him.

KurtBoyer25L
06-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Politicians have worked awfully hard to make it illegal for an adult to walk on the same ground as a white girl under 18. Now we'll find out just how far his hypocrisy will go.

PatriotOne
06-10-2011, 07:08 PM
From Wiener's Congressional page.

http://www.weiner.house.gov/issue_display.aspx?id=844

Sadly, the Internet is the predator's venue of choice today. We need to update our strategies and our laws to stop these offenders who are a mere click away from our children.

angelatc
06-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Sadly, the Internet is the predator's venue of choice today. We need to update our strategies and our laws to stop these offenders who are a mere click away from our children.

I love karma sometimes. Of course it might not be true. But Patterico's Pintifications has done the lion's share of digging this stuff up. : http://patterico.com/2011/06/09/evidence-that-weiner-was-talking-dirty-to-underage-girls-part-3/

Bruno
06-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Takes one to know one

PatriotOne
06-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I love karma sometimes. Of course it might not be true. But Patterico's Pintifications has done the lion's share of digging this stuff up. : http://patterico.com/2011/06/09/evidence-that-weiner-was-talking-dirty-to-underage-girls-part-3/

Yeah...I read through Patterico's stuff. Interesting but I'm not quite convinced... but hopeful there's more to come. I pretty much relish the thought of that scumbag going down but paranoid enough to wonder if he wasn't honey trapped. Far worse things are going on daily and protected that when something like this is made so public I have to wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Then I remember there rarely is a good guy to root for when it comes to politicians and it's just criminal gangs going after each other. Hopefully they kill each other off to extinction.

PatriotOne
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Takes one to know one

He was probably just doing research for the next child safety internet bill ;).

Bruno
06-10-2011, 08:02 PM
He was probably just doing research for the next child safety internet bill ;).

We laugh, but his defense attorney will probably use that!

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:06 PM
http://totalfreakness.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/chill-hobbes1.gif?w=320&h=392

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Wiener is as establishment as they come.

This is too perfect now.

So, the question now is: why did "they" burn him?

angelatc
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM

This is too perfect now.

THey didn't burn him. He took pictures of his penis and he sent them to strangers over the internet. This shows incredibly bad judgement on his part.

I believe the plan was for him to be the next Mayor of New York. He's gone and screwed that up.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:14 PM

This is too perfect now.

I sincerely think he burned himself. Spitzer is a different story.

Unless there's some bizarre Hillary/Huma angle......even still--he effed up by sending the tweet.

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:14 PM

it was inevitable. if you post a picture of your erection publicly on the internet you WILL get burned. if for some reason i decided to visit his twitter page i would've seen it and would've been able to "burn" him. i doubt i wouldn't take the opportunity to get a far leftist out of congress. breitbart does that for a living.

libertythor
06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
I doubt that his district will elect anybody much better. Though I think that his behavior is inappropriate, 17 is legal in both New York and Delaware.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I think what AF is saying is the same thing I am.

This did start out as a guy who sent pics of his underwear-shrouded penis to some of-age woman. Most of us thought it was gross but it should've been between the parties involved.

Then it went on to be pictures of his penis sans underwear, and there were more women involved.

Then it turns out there are rumors his wife is pregnant in the shadow of this.

Then it surfaces that one of the ladies who was getting photos/texts/messages might have been underaged.

It is a series of things, worsening until it finally gets a reaction and the guy is buried. Maybe he did it to himself, sure, but most of the guys in DC have these sorts of skeletons (or worse; you don't want to know) lurking in their closets. Things like this are usually kept under wraps.

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
It is a series of things, worsening until it finally gets a reaction and the guy is buried. Maybe he did it to himself, sure, but most of the guys in DC have these sorts of skeletons (or worse; you don't want to know) lurking in their closets. Things like this are usually kept under wraps.

after they release photos of their erections to the public?

PatriotOne
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM

This is too perfect now.

Me too. Though like I said, it's to the point we got opposing criminal gangs running the country and they are competing for turf. There's no good guys (with a couple of obvious exceptions) to root for.

specsaregood
06-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Things like this are usually kept under wraps.

That was before the internet.

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a conspiracy theory for some of you: not everything is a conspiracy! Wouldn't that be crazy?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:22 PM
THey didn't burn him. He took pictures of his penis and he sent them to strangers over the internet. This shows incredibly bad judgement on his part.

I believe the plan was for him to be the next Mayor of New York. He's gone and screwed that up.

I sincerely think he burned himself. Spitzer is a different story.

Unless there's some bizarre Hillary/Huma angle......even still--he effed up by sending the tweet.

it was inevitable. if you post a picture of your erection publicly on the internet you WILL get burned. if for some reason i decided to visit his twitter page i would've seen it and would've been able to "burn" him. i doubt i wouldn't take the opportunity to get a far leftist out of congress. breitbart does that for a living.

Piffle. Like almost all the rest of them aren't out chasing tail, hookers, blow or little boys, depending on their preferences.

That is precisely what I'm angling at.

These "indiscretions" are usually kept under wraps, quietly dealt with or what have have you.

Pardon me for being suspicious when a giant media circus and subsequent witch hunt erupts over a douchebag congressman sending pictures of his dick.

FrankRep
06-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I have a conspiracy theory for some of you: not everything is a conspiracy! Wouldn't that be crazy?
Two+ people meeting in secret to plan something bad = Conspiracy

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:25 PM
ok AF, getting burned after releasing photos of your erections to the public really occurred because THE POWERS THAT BE decided so.

specsaregood
06-10-2011, 08:25 PM

^ in on the conspiracy.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:26 PM

This did start out as a guy who sent pics of his underwear-shrouded penis to some of-age woman. Most of us thought it was gross but it should've been between the parties involved.

Then it went on to be pictures of his penis sans underwear, and there were more women involved.

Then it turns out there are rumors his wife is pregnant in the shadow of this.

Then it surfaces that one of the ladies who was getting photos/texts/messages might have been underaged.

Piffle. Like almost all the rest of them aren't out chasing tail, hookers, blow or little boys, depending on their preferences.

That is precisely what I'm angling at.

These "indiscretions" are usually kept under wraps, quietly dealt with or what have have you.

Pardon me for being suspicious when a giant media circus and subsequent witch hunt erupts over a douchebag congressman sending pictures of his dick.

So how did they make him screw up the tweet with a minor typo?

This guy's establishment, he's got a decent progressive front, but he's not someone who's trying to oust the Fed or pay more than lip service to end wars, crony capitalism, etc.

No conspiracy as far as I'm concerned. He effed himself.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:27 PM
^ in on the conspiracy.

I thought so...

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:27 PM
He effed himself.

Pffft. There is no such a thing.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Pffft. There is no such a thing.

You know there is, and I've got the pictures to prove it! :eek:

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:29 PM
That was before the internet.

The only picture that surfaced at the start of this was a picture of an allegedly scandalous quasi-erection in a pair of gray briefs. Perhaps Herbert Hoover posed for the Sears catalogue and it was kept under wraps, that's true.

This wasn't a "scandal" of any real import (though it really isn't now, either) and now it's struggling to find some kind of criminal act to associate with.

After the internet, though, we have had scandals that quietly died away, and plenty of politicians are cybering, sexting, and photographed in public with mistresses (or misters). It doesn't make the news until the person either goes so utterly overboard that the media can't help itself, or until there's a tip of some sort.

Frankly, the only thing I've learned from this is that the country is so bad off that even the suggestion of an erection is enough to send normal people into a frenzy, and that what passes for cybersex these days in the public's mind is just pathetic. :p

specsaregood
06-10-2011, 08:30 PM

yup and it aint the big media that is outing his eff ups. It is internet sleuths, who aren't nearly as controllable.

low preference guy
06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
You know there is, and I've got the pictures to prove it! :eek:

Government waves interfering with your brainwaves. That's how it happened.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:32 PM

This guy's establishment, he's got a decent progressive front, but he's not someone who's trying to oust the Fed or pay more than lip service to end wars, crony capitalism, etc.

Oh no doubt he might have. I really can't be bothered to get riled up over this. I can understand people arguing whether or not 9/11 was an inside job (the implications are so huge), but this? I was merely speculating a moment. Sometimes something "perfect" does happen naturally, even a perfect scandal. See above for the only two lessons I've taken away from this.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:32 PM
ok AF, getting burned after releasing photos of your erections to the public really occurred because THE POWERS THAT BE decided so.

At this point, I'd say you guys are probably right.

But as more of this unfolds, let me just say this: it would not surprise me in the least to find out that he did something that was perceived as "going off the reservation".

Maybe his shit really was "hacked", in the sense that it got "out" through a third party.

C'mon, it's not like I'm throwing something far fetched out here...the establishment has a long and documented track record of using sex scandals to silence opposition.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:33 PM
yup and it aint the big media that is outing his eff ups. It is internet sleuths, who aren't nearly as controllable.

As far as I can tell, this would have been a non-story if it weren't for the internet "sleuths."

Government waves interfering with your brainwaves. That's how it happened.

Frick! That explains a few things.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh no doubt he might have. I really can't be bothered to get riled up over this. I can understand people arguing whether or not 9/11 was an inside job (the implications are so huge), but this? I was merely speculating a moment. Sometimes something "perfect" does happen naturally, even a perfect scandal. See above for the only two lessons I've taken away from this.

Exactly right, once again.

Not everything is a conspiracy, but not everything is on the level either.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:36 PM
This thread is brought to you by Jockey:

http://www.teenfi.com/image-library/port/376/j/jockey-underwear.jpg

Making you wonder "wtf is wrong with that man's anatomy?" as you pass by store shelves, since 1876.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
At this point, I'd say you guys are probably right.

But as more of this unfolds, let me just say this: it would not surprise me in the least to find out that he did something that was perceived as "going off the reservation".

Maybe his shit really was "hacked", in the sense that it got "out" through a third party.

C'mon, it's not like I'm throwing something far fetched out here...the establishment has a long and documented track record of using sex scandals to silence opposition.

It's certainly not far-fetched, as I alluded to with the Spitzer situation. I think it's quite possible that he (Spitzer) was going to drop some bombs about what they were up to. I mean, what politician doesn't make use of hookers, send dirty emails, put panties on, text message underage boys, etc? (Aside from RP, of course.)

But I do think this was a situation where he screwed up and the (pseudo) opposition who he'd pissed off helped make the story huge, so to speak. I don't think he was "going off the reservation" in any significant way.

There are people, perhaps people like myself, who help make these stories bigger by opportunistically clicking on them, thus giving monetary incentive to make the stories bigger than they could/should have been. A person like that might never click on a Sarah Palin article in order to have the opposite effect.

juleswin
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM

This is too perfect now.

I have a feeling that he burned himself this time, my feeling is that the establishment are unable to cover up this much stupidity or Wiener is not worth the energy to defend. Come to think about it, how hard is it to find another fire brand, Israeli firster, war mongering liberal in New York?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I have a feeling that he burned himself this time, my feeling is that the establishment are unable to cover up this much stupidity or Wiener is not worth the energy to defend. Come to think about it, how hard is it to find another fire brand, Israeli firster, gun banning, war mongering liberal in New York?

There you go...that makes sense to me. Fixed it up some for you too.

Why burn a bunch of "cred" capital to save this jerk, when, like you said, in NY, they are a dime a dozen.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I have a feeling that he burned himself this time, my feeling is that the establishment are unable to cover up this much stupidity or Wiener is not worth the energy to defend. Come to think about it, how hard is it to find another fire brand, Israeli firster, war mongering liberal in New York?

Dime-a-dozen comes to mind.

specsaregood
06-10-2011, 08:50 PM
As far as I can tell, this would have been a non-story if it weren't for the internet "sleuths."

That is how I see it. The big media would have been more than happy to just quickly mention it and move on, except the internet "sleuths" didn't let it pass. Unfortunately for this douche, he has made enemies of republican internet geeks who were just waiting for this type of opportunity.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
There you go...that makes sense to me. Fixed it up some for you too.

Why burn a bunch of "cred" capital to save this jerk, when, like you said, in NY, they are a dime a dozen.

Shaddap AF. Go eat some bean sprouts or something. :p

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM

Now I want bean sprouts :(

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Now I want bean sprouts :(

German ones?

Strangely, I'm actually eating bean sprouts right now--but they've been stir-fried. None of that pesky e-coli for me.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
German ones?

Strangely, I'm actually eating bean sprouts right now--but they've been stir-fried. None of that pesky e-coli for me.

No, not German :( I like mine lightly stir-fried, too. I have to add that to my shopping list in hopes that there are fresh, non-limp sprouts (hey that makes it relevant to this thread). This is the week I start getting back to bento lunches in earnest.

MelissaWV
06-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Disturbing bean sprout photo at malkusm's anti-request:

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens10792181module98434561photo_1272785315be nto-bean-sprout.jpg

loveshiscountry
06-10-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW0M2zEx-7g

angelatc
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
This thread is brought to you by Jockey:

http://www.teenfi.com/image-library/port/376/j/jockey-underwear.jpg

Making you wonder "wtf is wrong with that man's anatomy?" as you pass by store shelves, since 1876.

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-mind-of-man-why-men-send-pictures-of-their-penises/

I think the surest way to end this national nightmare, however, is quite simple. We should just bring back the codpiece, that pouch or flap that accentuated the genitals of 16th century kings, lords, and merchants. These lewd dong baskets were quite popular for a long time, and during those years, it was normal for men to falsely advertise what they carried in their soiled tights. Codpieces were like push-up bras for man fruit. Man, if we could bring those back, I’d have two codpieces. One with the stars and stripes. One with Batman’s insignia.

amy31416
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
No, not German :( I like mine lightly stir-fried, too. I have to add that to my shopping list in hopes that there are fresh, non-limp sprouts (hey that makes it relevant to this thread). This is the week I start getting back to bento lunches in earnest.

Around these parts, I have to go to a specialty store to get them, and I'm willing to wager that I won't be able to find them anymore. Store opens again next Tuesday, so I'll have to check it out. Maybe I'll buy some oysters, raw milk and fugu too. :p

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM

Two minutes FTW

Here, this should put you in a better mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

amy31416
06-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Two minutes FTW

Here, this should put you in a better mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

That's one heck of a nostalgia trip!

DeadheadForPaul
06-10-2011, 09:44 PM

This is too perfect now.

Not everything is a conspiracy

Dude took pictures of his meat and potatoes and sent them to half a dozen or more now-jaded women. One of them was gonna have a loud mouth about it to someone else

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Let's not forget that that Andrew Breitbart discovered this and has held onto it like a pit bull on a bone. He is the primary reason for it growing in size.

kahless
06-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Let's not forget that that Andrew Breitbart discovered this and has held onto it like a pit bull on a bone. He is the primary reason for it growing in size.

Was that sarcasm I hope? Are you really blaming any of this on Breitbart? If so the DNC propaganda machine and Comedy central is more powerful than what I suspected. I cannot believe someone that posts here can be that naive to buy into that nonsense regardless of party.

amy31416
06-11-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/11/us-usa-politics-weiner-idUSTRE75A0FF20110611

Weiner's office announced the development shortly after top House Democrats publicly called on the 46-year-old lawmaker to step down.

In a brief statement, the congressman's spokesperson, Risa Heller, indicated that Weiner would remain in office at least until he receives unspecified professional help.

"Congressman Weiner departed this morning to seek professional treatment to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person," Heller said in the statement.

"In light of that, he will request a short leave of absence from the House of Representatives so that he can get evaluated and map out a course of treatment to make himself well."

In other words, he's going to disappear and hope that it blows over so he doesn't have to resign.

BlackTerrel
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM

This is too perfect now.

Did they burn Brett Favre too?

It's 2011 horny guys "sext" - and when they're well know there is a good chance they'll get caught.

Most of the time shit happens it's not a conspiracy.

speciallyblend
06-11-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiTznB5TME

maybe get ron paul to do a dick slang video??? haha make it go viral

R3volutionJedi
06-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd love to see Weiner starring in an episode of To Catch a Predator!

Agreed. That would've been funny to see.

iGGz
06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Weiner was texting me...