PDA

View Full Version : CNN New Hampshire GOP Debate: Join in now

notsure
06-10-2011, 04:39 PM
CNN New Hampshire GOP Debate: Join in now
By: CNN's Derek Dodge
June 10th, 2011
hxxp://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/10/cnn-new-hampshire-gop-debate-join-in-now/

(CNN) - CNN invites you to participate in Monday's first debate between 2012 Republican presidential candidates in the key early voting state of New Hampshire.
Seven presidential contenders will take to the stage on the campus of Saint Anselm College: Rep. Michele Bachmann; businessman and talk show host Herman Cain; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich; Rep. Ron Paul; former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty; former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney; and former Sen. Rick Santorum.
Politics is a topic of conversation that never lacks participants and readers on CNN.com are already weighing in with opinions on what they'd like to see in the debate.
SadieBoyd writes, "I hope that CNN will allow common folk to ask some of the questions." And wittywonka11 says, "I for one would like to see CNN pose questions that its viewers submit."
That's exactly what CNN has planned. Viewer questions and comments from CNNPolitics.com, Facebook and Twitter will be moderated and selected for display on a monitor inside the debate hall, in on-screen graphics and embedded in a filtered stream on CNN.com.
During the debate broadcast from 8 to 10 p.m. ET, CNNPolitics.com readers can follow minute-by-minute updates and instant analysis on the Political Ticker live blog. Reader comments posted on this page will be included with viewer feedback from Facebook and Twitter and embedded in a stream alongside the page and displayed live in the debate hall.
Facebook users who "like" the "John King, USA" page can participate by adding their comments to a real-time conversation during the debate. On Twitter, CNN will be using #CNNdebate to organize the discussion and select tweets to be included in the stream of comments from Facebook.com/JohnKingUSA and CNNPolitics.com.
Some CNN.com readers are even debating the debate itself.
CactusThorn writes, "This is ridiculous having a presidential candidate debate over a year before elections. No wonder the campaigns run through so much cash. There should be a limit on campaign time and spending." To which Bahccster replies, "I would rather have the time to decide which I like best, there is no need to rush something so important."
weardbeard writes, "Let's use the common sense approach to these debates. The first question should be, "have you or your committee accepted any campaign funds from Special Interest Groups and/or Political Action Committees?" Their answers will tell you who is qualified to lead their party, and who is in it to make money for their own agenda."
What would you like to ask the candidates? Join the debate that's going on now then watch Monday on CNN, CNN.com or our mobile platforms.
– On Monday, June 13, CNN will host the first New Hampshire Republican Presidential Debate, live from Manchester, NH at 8 p.m. ET. Follow all the issues and campaign news leading up to the debate on CNNPolitics.com and @cnnpolitics on Twitter.

sratiug
06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Looks like we need some good questions...

Do you support the counterfeiting of money or do you wish to abolish the Federal Reserve counterfeiting machine and return to honest money as required in our constitution?

CaseyJones
06-12-2011, 09:14 PM
bump is anyone doing this?

Brandon Todd Carr
06-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Do you support the counterfeiting of money or do you wish to abolish the Federal Reserve counterfeiting machine and return to honest money as required in our constitution?

xD

Brandon Todd Carr
06-12-2011, 09:17 PM

xD

TomtheTinker
06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
bump

mpdsapuser
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
We need some questions that will finally make Herman Cain look like the fraud he is. If he again answers with "I'll let you know when I'm President" when asked a foreign policy question and FOX News again declares him the winner, we'll know for sure there is a fix in. Just wish we could get one of our guys in the Frank Luntz focus groups with a camera as they're all being coached.

WorldonaString
06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
bump we should all do our best to take advantage of this opportunity.

mpdsapuser
06-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Also, do we need to mask the questions so while they are pro-Ron Paul questions, it doesn't appear like they are? I ask because CNN might even try to slant coverage against Ron Paul.

sailingaway
06-12-2011, 10:25 PM
What can be done to jump start the economy?

eleganz
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Can we stream this debate online if we don't have cable for CNN?

ctiger2
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
What can be done to jump start the economy?

How about an indefinite suspension of Federal Income Tax. That's a 20-30%+ raise for all working Americans right there. In addition, cut govt spending by 50+% across the board.

Carehn
06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Also, do we need to mask the questions so while they are pro-Ron Paul questions, it doesn't appear like they are? I ask because CNN might even try to slant coverage against Ron Paul.

Ta hell you say!!! Well that changes everything.

Wren
06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Can we stream this debate online if we don't have cable for CNN?

yes www.radiomando.com

randolphfuller
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
What measures should be adopted immediately to encourage rapid, non-inflationary, economic growth?

CaseyJones
06-13-2011, 06:50 AM
bump

acptulsa
06-13-2011, 06:54 AM
'That's exactly what CNN has planned. Viewer questions and comments from CNNPolitics.com, Facebook and Twitter will be moderated and selected for display on a monitor inside the debate hall, in on-screen graphics and embedded in a filtered stream on CNN.com.'

Selected and moderated pretty much sums up CNN's entire 2008 coverage of Ron Paul, and their every mention of libertarians before or since. This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

If they wanted to be serious about this, they'd come to places like this for questions, not twitbook.

Cdn_for_liberty
06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
who's the moderator for tonight?

speciallyblend
06-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I hope Ron paul literally starts squeezing their balls so tight tonight.They scream mercy!!! That includes bachmann to she needs hers stepped on!!

CaseyJones
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
bump

rockandrollsouls
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
If I don't see any visible improvement in Ron's performance tonight I'm going to flip out....

The campaign best not blow it.

Aldanga
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
You're always flipping out. :rolleyes:

tsai3904
06-13-2011, 12:50 PM
who's the moderator for tonight?

CNN's John King. Also asking questions will be members of the WMUR staff and journalists from the Union Leader.

nocompromises
06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Ron Paul got the crowd cheering for heroin in the last debate. Perhaps this time he can get them cheering for abolishing the FED this time!

rockandrollsouls
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Slipping to nearly half of our original, double digit poll numbers is inexcusable.

Maybe some more outrage will get the campaign off it's ass and some fire in this race.

I'm assuming you're one of the bunch that thinks 7% is good and will think of more excuses as to why this is "good." Ie, it's early, we have plenty of time, Ron will win 20+% in the debate....

You're always flipping out. :rolleyes:

Dr.3D
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Well, if they don't ask each candidate the same questions, this won't be a debate but rather a group interview. Nothing good will ever come from that.

Original_Intent
06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
"Governor Romney:

You tout your experience as a successful businessman and assert that this experience will help you create jobs as president. What did you do at Bain Capital that would lead Americans to believe that you are a job creator as opposed to making sure that Wall Street is taken care of?" I don;t know how to submit that, but if anyone wants to, or can reword it to convey the idea better, please go for it.