PDA

View Full Version : Worse than a Meltdown, a Melt-Through Has Occured - All Of Japan Could Be Uninhabitable

DamianTV
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/worse-than-meltdown-government-report-says-devastating-melt-through-has-occurred-at-fukushima-official-suggests-japan-could-become-uninhabitable.html

Recent reports confirming that Reactors 1, 2, and 3 of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility completely melted just hours after the devastating earthquake and tsunami hit the area on March 11 (http://www.naturalnews.com/032537_F…) have been trumped by even worse news that those same reactors have all likely “melted through,” a situation that according to Japan’sDaily YomiuriDY is “the worst possibility in a nuclear accident.”

And senior political official Ichiro Ozawa suggested in an interview with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that the Fukushima situation could make the entire country of Japan “unlivable.”

A nuclear core meltdown involves nuclear fuel exceeding its melting point to the point where it damages the core, leaks out, and threatens to potentially release high levels of radiation into the environment. However, a nuclear melt-through is an even worse scenario, as nuclear fuel literally melts through the bottom of damaged reactor pressure vessels into out containment vessels — and possibly even melts through those outer vessels directly into ground, air, and water.

The report suggesting that melt-throughs have already occurred, which is set to be submitted to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), is the “first official recognition” of this dire situation, according to DY. It also confirms early suspicions that such a scenario had been underway all along, as later reports confirmed that the epic disaster at the reactors had produced holes in come of the plant’s core containment vessels, and that radioactive water, and possibly even fuel, were leaking into the lower vessels.

IAEA has already stated that the Fukushima disaster is at least as bad as the Chernobyl disaster (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/glob…), but this new information now suggests that it is probably even worse. At this time, it is unknown whether the fuel that has accumulated in the outer containment vessels has seeped outside, where it has the potential to contaminate groundwater supplies and wreak widespread environmental damage.

In an interview conducted prior to the release of the new report, Ichiro Ozawa told the WSJ that areas around Fukushima were already becoming completely “uninhabitable.” He also suggested that as it currently stands, much of the rest of the country, including Tokyo, could suffer the same fate if nothing is done to properly and effectively contain the situation.

t0rnado
06-10-2011, 04:32 AM

Mod note: please follow posting guidelines and Code of Ethics.

libertythor
06-10-2011, 04:40 AM
That's what they get for Pearl Harbor.

I hope that is a joke. Japan already paid dearly for Pearl Harbor.

squarepusher
06-10-2011, 04:40 AM

seriously?

Tinnuhana
06-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Wow! That's what I get fro not watching more local TV! The typhoon took most of my antenna and the rabbit ears only pull in AFN (Armed Forces Network). AFN isn't even mentioning this.

acptulsa
06-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Wow! That's what I get fro not watching more local TV! The typhoon took most of my antenna and the rabbit ears only pull in AFN (Armed Forces Network). AFN isn't even mentioning this.

We're not getting much either. It takes some searching to find anything of substance out. The press has been awfully corporatist for a very long time, but I remember when Three Mile Island happened, and nothing about that incident was anywhere near as big a secret as this.

Of course, Chernobyl doesn't count. The Soviets were the bad guys...

WarDog
06-10-2011, 08:10 AM

You seem to lack info on this subject & i don't think your on the right page so before you open your big ass mouth maybe you do some research cause we don't need uninformed peeps like you here.

John of Des Moines
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Wrong.

Here's a little history lesson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

MikeStanart
06-10-2011, 08:36 AM

-Rep. What a trashy, low-life comment.

acptulsa
06-10-2011, 08:46 AM

Considering Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and the fact that most of the veterans of that war are gone by now, I agree. And when my 24 hours reset, I'll be adding a +rep to your account to make up for his retailation.

chudrockz
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
When the earthquake hit Japan, there were many, many internet comments such as "That's what they get for Pearl Harbor!"

It's sickening. I *highly* doubt anyone here would say something like that except possible sarcastically.

outspoken
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Human nature is such that we all want to make generalizations so simple that they end up serving the same evil that we profess to hate. That is the evil nature that resides within us all and has resulted in the world's greatest atrocities throughout history. I find it rather particularly alarming to see such ignorant comments in a forum established for the sole purpose of advancing the philsophy of liberty.

It is no war humans are so predisposed to marching right into war against this or that so unconsciously aware of the evil residing within their own heart. If nothing else, it reminds me that we are indeed a fallen race.

TheState
06-10-2011, 10:29 AM
And senior political official Ichiro Ozawa suggested in an interview with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) that the Fukushima situation could make the entire country of Japan “unlivable.”

In an interview conducted prior to the release of the new report, Ichiro Ozawa told the WSJ that areas around Fukushima were already becoming completely “uninhabitable.” He also suggested that as it currently stands, much of the rest of the country, including Tokyo, could suffer the same fate if nothing is done to properly and effectively contain the situation.

This is why senior political officials shouldn't talk about things they don't understand. It will make Japan "unlivable"? You could toss the whole core into the front lawn of the plant and it wouldn't make Japan "unlivable".

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
When the earthquake hit Japan, there were many, many internet comments such as "That's what they get for Pearl Harbor!"

It's sickening. I *highly* doubt anyone here would say something like that except possible sarcastically.

And when people say, "Well 9/11 is what they deserve" for what we've done, Americunts squeal like stuck pigs.

Insanity all around.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
This is why senior political officials shouldn't talk about things they don't understand. It will make Japan "unlivable"? You could toss the whole core into the front lawn of the plant and it wouldn't make Japan "unlivable".

That.

Hard to get around all the hype.

If this was as bad as Chernobyl, the "Fukashima Fifty" would be dead by now.

fisharmor
06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Considering Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and the fact that most of the veterans of that war are gone by now, I agree. And when my 24 hours reset, I'll be adding a +rep to your account to make up for his retailation.

The thing I find MOST amusing about that type of comment is the fact that if we hadn't steamed into Edo harbor and forced them at gunpoint to open up trade relations, they would, to this very day, still be living in the 17th century.... and the whole Pacific theater wouldn't have happened.
Typical American student of history... where all of history begins with our righteous and totally unbiased involvement in WW I.

All Of Japan Could Be Uninhabitable
Just remember, if any of them end up here you need to verify their papers before taking any of them to school. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297608-Ala.-governor-signs-tough-immigration-law%28you-can-t-give-rides-to-illegal-immigrants%29)

Zippyjuan
06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm going to need to see a better source on the story than Prision Planet. As of June 7th there has been reported some fuel rods probably melting but no "burn through". http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/mar/18/japan-nuclear-power-plant-updates "Leaving the entire country uninhabitable" is an extreme overstatement.

acptulsa
06-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm going to need to see a better source on the story than Prision Planet.

HHK confirmed it.

PaulConventionWV
06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I hope that is a joke. Japan already paid dearly for Pearl Harbor.

They paid millions of times over for Pearl Harbor with the bombs we dropped on them. In my opinion, that was not right at all. It is my understanding that Japan had already surrendered but did not agree to all the terms. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
They paid millions of times over for Pearl Harbor with the bombs we dropped on them. In my opinion, that was not right at all. It is my understanding that Japan had already surrendered but did not agree to all the terms. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong?

That's correct. They had offered a conditional surrender.

The US would settle for nothing less than unconditional surrender.

And the nukes were dropped as a friendly warning to the USSR.

It had little, if nothing, to do with the tactical realities of a Japanese main island invasion.

libertybrewcity
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
This whole Fukishima disaster is WAY overblown. The media makes us believe that the whole reactor is just out in the open leaking radiation. Even though the plant was built on or near a fault line, it was still built with the proper cement containment shell. The fuel core elements did melt down because critical mass was reached after the water leaked out, but it was still surrounded by a containment shell. Water was almost immediately pumped in and cracks in the containment shell were fixed. Stop this fearmongering "Japan could be uninhabitable" crap...

DeadheadForPaul
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
That's what they get for Pearl Harbor

That's like saying we deserved 9/11 because of another generation enslaving African-Americans.

Nevermind that you're holding every individual responsible for the actions of a collective.

Nice collectivism, comrade

ChaosControl
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
The thing I find MOST amusing about that type of comment is the fact that if we hadn't steamed into Edo harbor and forced them at gunpoint to open up trade relations, they would, to this very day, still be living in the 17th century.... and the whole Pacific theater wouldn't have happened.
Typical American student of history... where all of history begins with our righteous and totally unbiased involvement in WW I.

I'm glad there is someone else who realizes this.

Zippyjuan
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
HHK confirmed it.

I don't see where they say anything about a melt through or the whole country becoming uninhabitable. Or that the three reactors "completely melted" in the first few days.

Standing Like A Rock
06-10-2011, 03:43 PM

It had little, if nothing, to do with the tactical realities of a Japanese main island invasion.

That, and the Russians had just built a major railway to transport munitions to the eastern side of Russia to prepare for a military invasion of Japan. They wanted to take Japan for themselves. Just like how the US and USSR were racing to gain as much territory for themselves in Europe, we were racing for Japan. If we did not drop the nukes, it is likely that the USSR would have invaded when we did and taken over part of Japan. This is actually why Japan surrendered. At that point they knew they were going to loose and would rather surrender to the US than be taken over, at least in part, by the Russians who would have made them communist.

Wesker1982
06-10-2011, 04:02 PM
That's like saying we deserved 9/11 because of another generation enslaving African-Americans.

Nevermind that you're holding every individual responsible for the actions of a collective.

Nice collectivism, comrade

+1. That line of reasoning is nothing short of insanity. A result of pure nationalist (weird considering his avatar) indoctrination.

Hitler was a vegetarian right? Every vegetarian deserves to burn in hell!!!!... Yeah, real logical.

Wesker1982
06-10-2011, 04:08 PM

QFT. This needs to be pointed out more. What a horrible myth to buy into.

The Hiroshima Myth (http://mises.org/daily/4217)

The US Didn't Need To Drop The Bombs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYQ045m3WF8&feature=channel_video_title)

The Terrorist Attacks of 1945 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIABJPdy2tQ)

I hope Stossel gets the memo.

BlackTerrel
06-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Kind of like Harold Camping it's amazing how many times Alex Jones and Prison Planet can be wrong and people still believe their bullshit.

dannno
06-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I am 99.99% sure tornado was completely joking.. although I don't mind the comment being removed I'm surprised others here took it seriously.

I'm pretty sure tornado doesn't argue for slave reparations for blacks, which is the same principle.

bkreigh
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I am 99.99% sure tornado was completely joking.. although I don't mind the comment being removed I'm surprised others here took it seriously.

I'm pretty sure tornado doesn't argue for slave reparations for blacks, which is the same principle.

I agree

Vessol
06-11-2011, 12:04 AM
lol @ tOrnado's trolling.

QFT!!

Anyone who has any kind of positive emotion about the bombing campaign against Japan in WW2 needs to watch "Grave of the Fireflies". Saddest movie ever.

Carehn
06-11-2011, 12:15 AM
This melt down think is a bummer. Its sad but i think there is a very good chance we hear of massive death counts in Japan over this. It could very well be the worst thing ever when its all done. I hope for the best but im willing to put my money on the possibility that millions are the walking dead as of now.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2011, 12:58 AM
This melt down think is a bummer. Its sad but i think there is a very good chance we hear of massive death counts in Japan over this. It could very well be the worst thing ever when its all done. I hope for the best but im willing to put my money on the possibility that millions are the walking dead as of now.

I had thought that as being possible as well.

But the fact is that if enough radiation was being emitted from that facility to cause millions to be exposed to enough radiation to be walking dead, then those close to it would have taken such a massive dose, that they would be dead already.

kahless
06-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I wish everything I and people have posted about this incident was wrong. I would rather not be right and the nuke industry shills that post here have their day. I know some here will be remorseful and shocked about the facts that have come out proving them wrong about this incident. That is except for those that derive their income from the industry as well as those that are enamored by those that do whom continue to spout their propaganda despite all the facts that have since been released.

There is nothing worse than a shill. I cannot stand them with political parties and candidates, and certainly cannot stand them when it comes to the failure of an incident such as this.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-11-2011, 05:18 AM
This melt down think is a bummer. Its sad but i think there is a very good chance we hear of massive death counts in Japan over this.

You might hear about it, but it won't be from the american news media.

t0rnado
06-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Seriously, learn to take a joke, you tools. If you looked at my past posts on the issue, you'd know that I'm simply joking.

Thanks for all the -rep though.

Don Lapre
06-11-2011, 07:07 AM
I personally find it a bit surreal that in a - LIBERTY- forum, that comment by t0rnado was deleted.

Wow.

Bryan
06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I personally find it a bit surreal that in a - LIBERTY- forum, that comment by t0rnado was deleted.

Wow.
Liberty supporters respect property rights, and this forum is private property, and thus comments are made by the approval of the property owner. This forum is also a Ron Paul forum, and by having Ron Paul's name in our title, I see it that we have an ethical obligation to him (but not a legal one). t0rnado should have properly qualified his statement as sarcastic since that often gets lost in forums. Even then, he could have expanded on that to explain the problem with collectivism.

Please see my sig for a link to our Code of Ethics, posting guidelines and more.

Thanks!

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Seriously, learn to take a joke, you tools. If you looked at my past posts on the issue, you'd know that I'm simply joking.

The sarcastic person's friends:
[/s]
:rolleyes:

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-11-2011, 10:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynXKdM5aUJ0

doodle
06-11-2011, 10:15 AM
In contrast, we have "Weinergate" to talk about. Time to change the news channel.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284593-quot-US-spent-fuel-storage-sites-are-packed-quot&p=3173419&viewfull=1#post3173419

TheeJoeGlass
06-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Kind of like Harold Camping it's amazing how many times Alex Jones and Prison Planet can be wrong and people still believe their bullshit.

It pains me to see people follow that "news" site.

TheeJoeGlass
06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I don't see where they say anything about a melt through or the whole country becoming uninhabitable. Or that the three reactors "completely melted" in the first few days.

The first part is not confimed, the second part is. The only thing that saved Japan was the sea water.

Carehn
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Japan has internet access. Do any of you have a connection over in Japan. Someone who can tell us whats really going down.

acptulsa
06-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Japan has internet access. Do any of you have a connection over in Japan. Someone who can tell us whats really going down.

We have one who has checked in from Okinawa. He has to come here for information.

Danke
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM

Ya, pretty obvious. Blaming the Japs, not the Krauts.

AFPVet
06-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Back on track... this is atrocious if true. Prayers for those in Japan... and for all of us....

TheTyke
06-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh my gosh, soon the whole planet will be "uninhabitable!" Give me a break. Of all places, I would not have expected nuclear hysteria HERE. We have enough legitimate problems to deal with without getting sucked into phantom fears like global warming/alien invasions/nuclear radiation.

Do you know anyone who died from radiation? My older relatives basically swam in at their jobs, before the "dangers" were publicized to high heaven, and they're living long, healthy lives and I'm fairly pleased with their offspring. If you're really interested in the effects of radiation, take a look at these facts: Fukushima: Just How Dangerous is Radiation? (http://thenewamerican.com/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/7257-fukushima-just-how-dangerous-is-radiation)

And of course, we can't forget Hiroshima. Is this "uninhabitable"? I bet many other parts of the world wished they had cities like this:
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2011/03/japan_earthquake_tsunami_relie/hiroshima-today-japan-thumb-500x374-62826.jpg

Anti Federalist
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Back on track... this is atrocious if true. Prayers for those in Japan... and for all of us....

No matter what level of bad we're talking about, true that ^^^

+rep

Don Lapre
06-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Liberty supporters respect property rights, and this forum is private property, and thus comments are made by the approval of the property owner. This forum is also a Ron Paul forum, and by having Ron Paul's name in our title, I see it that we have an ethical obligation to him (but not a legal one). t0rnado should have properly qualified his statement as sarcastic since that often gets lost in forums. Even then, he could have expanded on that to explain the problem with collectivism.

Please see my sig for a link to our Code of Ethics, posting guidelines and more.

Thanks!

When I read t0rnado's comment, I thought, "Wow, that's kind of fucked up - but if he thinks that - oh well."
Then I thought, "Well, maybe it was his idea of a joke."

The end.

Then I came back and saw that his remark was censored.

The irony of that remark being censored out - in a LIBERTY forum - made me shake my head.

But you do what needs to be done.