PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Paulites (Better than the title sounds)

smtwngrl
10-29-2007, 07:43 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article255.html

Topic: Presidential Campaign 2008
Revenge of the Paulites
News sites profit from Ron Paul hit pieces. The Paulites can have their revenge with a coordinated boycott.by Michael McDonnough
(Libertarian)

In my analysis of the current online phenomena of Ron Paul and the Revolution that is occurring with his Presidential bid I have witnessed the growing chorus of negative articles which all seem to echo each other with their story content and analysis of the so called news they are generating.

They all are aware of the huge jump in their readership when they publish their articles on Ron Paul and it has become evident that these attacks are so clearly baseless for the most part that perhaps there is another reason for their continued existence and persistence. Perhaps what the massive online Ron Paul community is seeing is a profit making venture in disguise as hit piece news articles on Ron Paul.

What if the real reason behind these attacks is not just to attack Dr. Paul but in doing so also generate page views which raises the ranking of the offending site, while increasing traffic to their nested ads to generate increased revenue for the site? It makes perfect sense. The author of the offensive piece does not have to have any bit of strong evidence to author a story and even less to simply parrot the negative pieces done on other sites adding their own analysis to the article.

Each of these authors has it in their interest to attract as many Paul supporters and detractors to their sites and what better way to do this then to run a hit piece on Ron Paul. My advice to the Ron Paul supporters is that they use their huge numbers and instead of flocking to the offending site and hammering the comments section that they instead make a concerted boycott of any offending sites. This will have several beneficial effects for the Ron Paul campaign.

1. It will eliminate the financial incentive for these scoundrels to continue in their attacks.

2. It will dramatically reduce their site traffic which will negatively affect their page ranking.

3. It will end the criticism of Ron Paul supporters as being fanatics flooding their comments.

All of these benefits and more will be realized with a coordinated boycott of all offending news sites and blogs. There might be a slight increase in negative articles in the wake of this boycott but if the Ron Paul supporters stick to their guns and stay off of sites that are listed in the boycott then these attacks will be reduced and the attention paid to them will be measurably reduced as well. At the very least the Paulites will take some revenge on them by taking money out of their undeserving pockets.

Here is my short list of boycott deserving sites. Feel free to add you ideas to the comments section.
Red State, Hot Air, Liberty Papers, Lone Star Times, The Van Der Galin Gazette, American Thinker

me3
10-29-2007, 07:57 PM
My advice to the Ron Paul supporters is that they use their huge numbers and instead of flocking to the offending site and hammering the comments section that they instead make a concerted boycott of any offending sites.
Word.

Shink
10-29-2007, 08:01 PM
That's what I've always done--ignore the BS. I wish everyone felt the same way.

ladyliberty
10-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I have already been boycotting these sites for a couple of weeks now - as well as television programs like O'Reilly.

In Behavioral Science - the quickest way to extinguish and undesirable behavior is to IGNORE it as much as possible because the more attention you give the undesirable behavior only INCREASES that behavior.

So remember I-G-N-O-R-E !

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 08:08 PM
+1000000
I second that proposal. We should boycott all negative articles and links and sites that carry them, don't even bother posting them on the forum. No one should profit from attacking Ron Paul. This person is right on with there ideas.
Everyone, please consider joining the boycott.
Perhaps we can keep a list of offenders... if we organize a boycott, it will have more of an impact.

michaelwise
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I have a better Idea. Only swarm the articles that are positive, and ignore the rest. This will help to reinforce good behavior on writers part, and generate more good articles.

Roxi
10-29-2007, 08:18 PM
so wouldn't we need ONE person or so to check out all these sites every day for positive articles, and keep track of the negative and positive, but only post links for the positive ones

James R
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Absolutely good point (original post). Furthermore, if the piece is based on actual facts and contains no lies, we should should shower support to that organization.

parke
10-29-2007, 08:31 PM
We could copy and paste the hit pieces in the forums. Then just list the contact email to reply.

It would be smart to keep track of the negative too. Just not hit the site.

TooConservative
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
This thread should be a sticky.

People should post a few fair-use excerpts from the hit pieces and not provide just a link. We're providing the incentive for these hit pieces. They get the ad traffic, the rise in Google rankings and they still get to play the role of "responsible journalists" by trashing Ron Paul or being dismissive of him in various ways. And we help them by clicking, commenting, etc.

Starve the media trolls and the blog trolls. We don't need them. They need us.

DrNoZone
10-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I have a better Idea. Only swarm the articles that are positive, and ignore the rest. This will help to reinforce good behavior on writers part, and generate more good articles.

THIS is a good idea! I've already boycotted RedState. Maybe we should make a sticky post with a list of sites to boycott, which can be updated if they change their tune?

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
THIS is a good idea! I've already boycotted RedState. Maybe we should make a sticky post with a list of sites to boycott, which can be updated if they change their tune?

I say we go with it. Bryan or Josh, will you consider such a proposal?

MyKillK
10-29-2007, 09:53 PM
I've thought about it before -- it makes sense that a lot of people are capitalizing on Ron Paul's popularity, even if it means needlessly tarnishing his image. I won't visit any more hit pieces. Great idea.

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I've thought about it before -- it makes sense that a lot of people are capitalizing on Ron Paul's popularity, even if it means needlessly tarnishing his image. I won't visit any more hit pieces. Great idea.

Pass the idea on, its safe to assume, not many people will see this thread, but the idea needs to continue beyond this threads lifetime on 'new post'.

curtisag
10-29-2007, 10:00 PM
At this point, any press (even negative), has a positive effect for Ron increasing his name recognition. We're in the 3rd stage of the 4 stages of victory set down by Ghandi. They're actively attacking us on daily basis now, but the next step is victory!

jnpg
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Ignore them is really the best idea.

Andrew76
10-29-2007, 10:08 PM
This might be a totally crap idea, but... too bad Ron Paul supporters can't cash in on this kind of thing.
Like, if some clever RP supporter(s) had a political news/blog site, and wrote both postivive as well as absurd hit peices on him in order to drive up traffic and subsequent ad revenue that would be recycled straight into the campaign. Talk about a win win. You could potentially generate hits with all the great pro RP peices as well as with inflammatory negative peices. - of course, it'd be hard for a true Ron Paul supporter to write a nasty Ron Paul peice, but... if all you did was mimic the same old neocon b.s. to get all the detractor flies buzzing around, you could cash in on their hatred of Ron Paul! I mean, how much money is there to be made with that kind of thing? Anybody consider this yet? Give it some thought?

Hmmm..... I should add that if anyone needs my help, I'd be happy to write! Hell, it might even be a twisted bit of fun knowing that we're cashing in on both ends of the game :D

torchbearer
10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
This might be a totally crap idea, but... too bad Ron Paul supporters can't cash in on this kind of thing.
Like, if some clever RP supporter(s) had a political news/blog site, and wrote both postivive as well as absurd hit peices on him in order to drive up traffic and subsequent ad revenue that would be recycled straight into the campaign. Talk about a win win. You could potentially generate hits with all the great pro RP peices as well as with inflammatory negative peices. - of course, it'd be hard for a true Ron Paul supporter to write a nasty Ron Paul peice, but... if all you did was mimic the same old neocon b.s. to get all the detractor flies buzzing around, you could cash in on their hatred of Ron Paul! I mean, how much money is there to be made with that kind of thing? Anybody consider this yet?

I think this is happening without planning.

goRPaul
10-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Bumpers.

Good stuff. Boycott hit pieces, go for the good stuff.

Primbs
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
We do need more positive articles that address the typical concerns of undecided voters and even those who are against us.

If we can convince those who are against that we are not that bad, they won't work so hard to destroy the campaign.

Many undecided voters might like to support Ron Paul but are nervous about some of his positions because they have never heard of Ron Paul before or his particular philosophy.

Many voters may well settle for the devil they know i.e. Rudy, Mitt, McCain vs. the devil they don't know i.e. Ron Paul.

ionlyknowy
10-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Umm.. I say keep doing what we are doing... it is working..

I know before I was into Ron Paul, the one thing that helped me decide that he was something special was the comments at the end of the articles.

I thought, wow this article is attempting to bash RP and all of these people are standing up for him.. wow he DOES have a lot of support... Maybe there is something about this man.. Let me look in to this further so I don't miss out on something..

For all we know, this is just a ploy to get us to stop making comments on news articles.. And if it is, then we sure are falling for it..

I say, let them write more bad articles about Paul. For one, there isn't much you can say bad about Ron Paul. Second, any press is good press, especially with the awesome comments that refute any argument that the article attempts to make.

Anytime someone writes an article about RP it can only be good, and we should keep commenting because this will bring us more people to our cause.

You guys need to settle down, in the comming months people are going to try and discredit us, trick us into doing things that are counter productive, sabatoge us, ridicule us, censor us, fight us, manipulate us... the whole works.

We are backing a person that is running for the president of the United States, which just so happens to be the most powerful person in the WHOLE WORLD.

Everyone wants this, and people will do just about anything to get it...

We just need to keep doing what we have always done, just like RP wants to preserve our constitution.