PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Romney to Skip Key Poll in Iowa

Patrick Henry
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304778304576375940207952076.html?m od=googlenews_wsj

"The Iowa straw poll, held in Ames, is one of the landmark events of the nominating contest. Mr. Romney's decision sends the clearest signal yet that he doesn't want to wade deeply into the social issues that carry particular weight with Iowa Republicans and instead intends to present himself to voters nationally as a successful businessman who can improve the economy."

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 06:29 PM
He'll send his supporters and be humbled by the result, like last year's SRLC. Then if he doesn't win, it is because he wasn't there.

malkusm
06-09-2011, 06:30 PM
He'll send his supporters and be humbled by the result, like last year's SRLC. Then if he doesn't win, it is because he wasn't there.

That, or, it's an attempt to downplay the importance of a strong showing by the likes of Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann in this year's straw poll.

trey4sports
06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Hopefully some of his support will swing our way.

Agorism
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Bad for us I think because I think we need vote splitting even though Romney was the strongest to win it.

RachelFaith
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Everyone here knew this. I posted this over a month ago. Pawlenty hired all his people back this Spring, and bought all the buses money can buy. And with 60% RINOs in our party here, won't have any issue filling them. We have our people, we just need to turn them out and not worry about what anyone else is doing. The brass ring is right there if we just reach out and take the jump to catch it.

Billay
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Yea Mitt tell us how successful you were as a gov.

During the 2001 recession Massachusetts was 1 of 6 states not to recover all of it's jobs lost.

Had the 47th ranked economy

Bain Capital was notorious for downsizing. Thats not exactly creating jobs.

Agorism
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Although I suppose the Romney people still vote Romney so who knows.

RachelFaith
06-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Although I suppose the Romney people still vote Romney so who knows.

There are not as many of them anymore.

kah13176
06-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Fucking fuck. If we won with Romney there, then the media have no excuse. NOW Paul's win at Ames will be downplayed like crazy.

Nate G.
06-09-2011, 07:22 PM

I was invited to help gather people to attend this SRLC, but with the late notice and heavy workload I was not able to help or attend. But I do know that the folks at Evangelicals for Mitt were the sole people behind that effort. I spoke with Nancy a number of times and she was ADAMANT that no one connected to Romney or his PAC participate in their push.

Romney did not "send his supporters", nor was he or his team any part of the planning for it. That's the only point I want to make.

Bruno
06-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Thinks he will lose, so he takes his ball and goes home.

RachelFaith
06-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Fucking fuck. If we won with Romney there, then the media have no excuse. NOW Paul's win at Ames will be downplayed like crazy.

No, that is not true. If he were to win it, it would do exactly what we hope it will do. Motivate the grassroots and make the media speak about him as a front runner. There is only one downside, and that is if we win, but do the same 10% in February because we failed to expand the base. Then it will only show that we know how to pack polls but nothing else and it will be over. So, we must win and then double or better in February. We can, we must.