PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich is finished!

RonPaulVolunteer
06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/09/breaking-gingrich-campaign-aides-resigns/

BREAKING: Gingrich campaign aides resign

By: CNN Senior Political Editor Mark Preston and CNN Political Reporter Peter Hamby

Washington (CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's campaign manager, Rob Johnson, has resigned, a Republican source tells CNN. Several other senior advisers to the campaign also resigned, according to another source.

The former House Speaker announced his bid for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination on May 11.

He is best known for engineering the Contract with America and leading the Republicans' surge to power in Congress in 1994 but his reputation took a hit in 1995, when a budget standoff in the House led to a temporary shutdown of parts of the federal government. Republicans didn't fare well in the 1998 elections, and Gingrich stepped down.

libertybrewcity
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I can't tell if he would help RP or hurt him. He might draw social cons and tea partiers away from RP, but he also might take neocons and estabs away from Romney.

Sola_Fide
06-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Going nowhere from the beginning.

kah13176
06-09-2011, 02:03 PM
If he drops, his supporters won't be going to us. Case in point: he was splitting the vote and stealing votes from Romney/Palin. Not good.

Then again, attention split between fewer candidates.

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 02:18 PM
According to reports Gingrich is staying in, so as of now he will be in the debate on Monday, which is good because with this news and he and Ron flanking Romney in the center, it will raise Ron's profile. I hope Ron is rested and charged, given that it seems he will be in Iowa earlier in the day.

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 02:20 PM
If he drops, his supporters won't be going to us. Case in point: he was splitting the vote and stealing votes from Romney/Palin. Not good.

Then again, attention split between fewer candidates.

When they added Gingrich to polling, Ron's share went down significantly. There are different people in now who weren't in then (Cain, mostly) but Ron could well pick up a good share of that. Remember we are only trying now to have Ron as the anti-Romney. Unless Gingrich supporters love the Fed so flock to Cain, they will go to Ron or the establishment candidate, I would think. I wouldn't think they would go to any of the other grass roots candidates who don't have Ron's name for economic policy.

belian78
06-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Townhall is insinuating that they left Newt to work for Perry when he announces.

FrankRep
06-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Is It Over? Gingrich Campaign Manager, Droves of Top Aides Quit (Vows To Fight on)
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-it-over-gingrich-campaign-manager-top-aides-quit/

Karsten
06-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I can't tell if he would help RP or hurt him. He might draw social cons and tea partiers away from RP, but he also might take neocons and estabs away from Romney.

The FEWER candidates in the Republican primary, the better. I know it's really weird for us to think of someone that would vote for Ron Paul, voting for any other candidate. But the truth is, some candidates do draw away from potential Ron Paul voters.

freedom-maniac
06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Newt was even more lack luster than Fred Thompson.

TomtheTinker
06-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Perry would hurt us with his "Texas straight talk"

rich34
06-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Ron needs to assert himself as assertive as Rand did in his debates against his establishment opponents. In other words, get serious, and let them know he's the real deal and the only one at that.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-09-2011, 04:00 PM
He can always hire a new team.

Aratus
06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
he's done. tis old nixon
verses new nixon ---?

methinks one down,
ten more to go ----!

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Townhall is insinuating that they left Newt to work for Perry when he announces.

I'm sure they are trolling for a better offer SOMEWHERE but acting like a rat leaving a sinking ship isn't the world's best tactic to draw the next customer. Perry won't go anywhere, imho, even Texas hates him.

White Bear Lake
06-09-2011, 08:49 PM
How well Perry affect us seeing how now it seems he will inevitably jump in?

rp08orbust
06-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Didn't McCain's staff leave his campaign for dead in the summer or fall of 2007? Then suddenly the media declared that "the Mac is back" in December 2007 and voila, he jumped form 1% to 20% in the polls.

outspoken
06-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Any chance gary Johnson can take his spot in the next debate???

nate895
06-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Newt's Newtered!

One has already joined up with TPaw. I think most of the others are going with Perry. One more reason to be suspect of Perry, as if one needed more reasons to be suspicious of him.

low preference guy
06-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Any chance gary Johnson can take his spot in the next debate???

it's just a change in the campaign. he is still running. mccain also completely changed his campaign in 2008.

Suzu
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Gingrich is the quintessential... I won't say it. But I'll be VERY pleased if he drops out. The fewer lying dirtbags on the debate stage, the better.

Suzu
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
How well Perry affect us seeing how now it seems he will inevitably jump in?

Another Bilderberg attendee! And he went while he was governor of Texas. I think that is a crime. RP can exploit these mistakes if he plays his cards right.

jake
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Perry is no threat; look at his budget in Texas! he is all talk. Truth cannot be beaten :)

anaconda
06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't understand..why doesn't Newt simply hire a new campaign manager? What's the big deal here?

Paul4Prez
06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Didn't McCain's staff leave his campaign for dead in the summer or fall of 2007? Then suddenly the media declared that "the Mac is back" in December 2007 and voila, he jumped form 1% to 20% in the polls.

That's the problem with writing people off when they still have some fight left in them. Gingrich will spin this as being his own man, and not listening to his political handlers, to make himself seem more genuine to voters. We would benefit if he dropped out though -- there are still a few fiscal conservatives who think Newt is a serious candidate, and he's generally polling ahead of the ridiculously over-hyped types like Pawlenty, Bachmann, and Huntsman.

Paul Or Nothing II
06-10-2011, 02:53 AM
The fewer lying dirtbags on the debate stage, the better.

Completely agree; it means a comparatively bigger focus on Ron.

libertarian4321
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Perry would hurt us with his "Texas straight talk"

The next time I hear "straight talk" out of Rick Perry, it'll be the first.

trey4sports
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Newt's base would probably go more toward Romney than anyone else.

Aratus
06-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Newt has an EGO.
all his staff quits?
i am not surprised.