PDA

View Full Version : WV delegate situation

Gabriel
10-29-2007, 06:14 PM
We need LOTS of delegates to the state convention in Charleston on February 5th. There are 600+ electable county delegate slots distributed among the various counties... just 1 or 2 in the very small ones, 6-10 for most of the medium counties, up to over 50 in Kanawha.

We'll also need a slate of 18 state delegates to the national convention from the state convention, which the PCC will name, and then 3 state delegates from each of the three congressional districts. (I'm not sure if those last 9 are named by the PCC or if they run on their own initiative.) But for right now, we need to focus on getting as many people as possible to run as county delegates so that we win the state convention... if we don't do that then the state delegates don't matter anyway.

If you're able to be in Charleston for the state convention on Super Tuesday and would be willing to run as a delegate from your county, please check out the instructions and form at the WVGOP convention site (http://wvgopconvention.com/content/img/f42045/101607_Instructions_for_Filing_State_Convention_De legate.pdf). Read the GOP instructions carefully... the instructions on the application form itself are different and wrong. Also please email me to let me know of your interest, or if you have any questions: mail.to.gabriel@gmail.com.