PDA

View Full Version : There is a fight brewing - will you help?!

hazek
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
tl;dr: A senator wants to ban Bitcoin, the digital decentralized independent currency. Please help us fight him!

My dear liberty loving friends,

I write to you today about an urgent topic. This topic although you personally may be indifferent about is nevertheless at the core about strong libertarian principles.

The topic is Bitcoin, the new digital decentralized currency.

Yes, you may not like it, yes you may think it wont work, yes you might not want to own or receive any and yes you are absolutely entitled to believe whatever the hell you want about it and act on your beliefs.

But.

Will you help your fellow liberty loving friends fight for their right to have their own opinion? Will you help fight for their right to act on their beliefs, to own some, to receive some and to trade Bitcoins? Will you?!

We have to stick together on these issues even if we don't agree about them! I don't agree with everything Ron Paul advocates, I strongly disagree with his religion for example.. BUT I would never in my wildest dreams let a politician pass a law that for forbid Ron to believe whatever the hell he wanted and act on his beliefs as long as he didn't harm anyone else!

And it is in this spirit that I ask you, my fellow liberty loving friends to help me and the rest of the Bitcoin community to oppose any government laws that would in any way shape or form try to ban the use of Bitcoin.

Last but not least I want to leave you with this. When the founding fathers embarked on their fight for their freedom they had no idea whether or not they'd succeed. Their idea was revolutionary one and I'm sure it had many naysayers and skeptics! But they fought for their idea anyway because they knew that if they manage to persevere that the reward would be immense.

The same goes for Bitcoin! It may not succeed but if it can the reward could be again immense!

Please help us write congress in defense of this independent decentralized currency that was created in the spirit of liberty and independence from big banks and government! (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13892.0)

News mentioning governments attack on bitcoin:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504943_162-20069780-10391715.html
(you can find many more of these disgusting articles with the same content if you just google it)