PDA

View Full Version : Toomey's Vote with Rand over Libya

dean.engelhardt
06-09-2011, 05:58 AM
I wasn't a fan of Toomey before, but I really like this.

June 8, 2011

Thank you for contacting me about U.S. military action in Libya. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.

As I said publicly before U.S. military operations began, I question the use of American military force in Libya and our nation's involvement in what is now a civil war. Although I understand the desire of the Libyan people to rid their nation of a brutal dictator who murders innocent civilians, this military operation raises many serious issues, especially since Libya does not appear to be a national security threat.

In addition, on April 5, 2011, I voted in favor of an amendment offered by Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) that would have called into doubt the President's decision to deploy military force in Libya. The amendment stated that the President does not have the constitutional authority to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation. Unfortunately, the Senate defeated Senator Paul's amendment using a procedural motion that was adopted by a 90-10 vote. As Congress continues debating our nation's military involvement in Libya, please be assured that I will keep your concerns in mind.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

losinglife
06-17-2011, 07:26 PM
yeah he is rising, albeit slowly, on my good list. He voted for the patriot act still, so that keeps him on my poop list tho.

Echoes
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Very nice, more hoppin on board the RP foreign policy.