PDA

View Full Version : Daily Kos Smears Clarence Thomas, Accuses Thomas Supporters of Setting Up Anthony Weiner

Zatch
06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Daily Kos was a complete Weinergate embarrassment in the "Netroots Nation," claiming Weiner was set up by conservative Clarence Thomas supporters. But the vicious leftist bloggers there are doubling down. The blogger with the appropriate byline "Solomon Drek" responded to Weiner's confessions within an hour Monday afternoon with a post simply titled "Clarence Thomas Used Prostitutes." Mr. Drek's standards of evidence can't really be called standards, but well, he's angry and wants to lash out.

He offers no name or place or date, but the "social Talibanistas" must pay for Weiner brought low: "There's no doubt Anita Hill was telling the truth about Thomas, and while I don't expect anyone to believe my story I felt like telling it anyway." Suffice it to say The National Enquirer is a more reliable media outlet on wandering public servants:

I've been keeping this for over fifteen years, but after reading the s@#t in the media about Anthony Weiner I'm getting it off my chest. I used to go to a place in New York on the East Side about 16 or 17 years ago. One of the girls I was with told me one of her clients was Clarence Thomas. She didn't give any dates or details other than to say he wasn't very friendly. I really didn't care very much at the time, and since I have a very liberal attitude about these things I thought it wasn't anybody's business.

Now that the reactionary media is playing "gotcha" with Anthony Weiner I feel like expressing my disgust at the hypocrisy of these social Talibanistas. Especially ironic that Weiner has led the charge against Thomas for not recusing himself in the upcoming health care reform issue.

There's no doubt Anita Hill was telling the truth about Thomas, and while I don't expect anyone to believe my story I felt like telling it anyway. I don't know the name of the girl I was with or the name of the place where she was working. I doubt if it's still there after all these years. But maybe there are other stories and/or rumors about Thomas' clandestine social activities that others may pick up on. If reactionaries want to play hardball over a few ill-advised tweets of a personal nature, then all bets are off as far as I'm concerned and if some investigatory journalist can dig up more dirt on Clarence Thomas that would be fine with me.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/06/07/reckless-daily-kos-clarence-thomas-used-prostitutes

t0rnado
06-09-2011, 12:04 AM
They're both sick trash, but in regards to the accusations against Clarence Thomas: PICS OR DIDNT HAPPEN

Golding
06-09-2011, 03:08 AM
"If my hero goes down, then theirs deserves to go down too". Just one problem, though. Are there actually Clarence Thomas supporters out there? I know I don't really care for him. Or is this poster really just that upset that the politician with a scandal this month is a Democrat? Pitiful, really.

Thing is, I don't really care about Weiner's private life. What's bothersome is that when he goofed up and got caught, he started blaming anyone else but himself. If it weren't such a weak fabrication, someone innocent could have easily ended up taking the fall for his actions. That's where the problem is.