PDA

View Full Version : Oh Me!! My brother - lifelong Republican

lloydian
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
just sent me this info. He claims to be pretty much with Ron Paul on everything but the war. He says he can't support Paul because of the Iraw War. Here is the email that is making the rounds among many rah rah Bush supporters.

Read the intro below and then continue at the link: http://www.go-patriots.com/Jim%20Cash.htm

This information is so very crucial to the saving of our nation as we know it; we cannot ignore it!!! If we do; we WILL RUE THE DAY!!! So, please, please READ THIS and do what ever is in your power to make the needed changes in this matter: If we neglect this opportunity; it will be forever too late!!!

I trust that you can read it with an open mind. This guy takes shots at both sides and IS NOT A REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT but an INDEPENDENT!

This is one of the most profound articles that I have ever read about this Presidency, this era and this so-called war. Everything this man says makes perfect sense to me.

No matter your politics, you owe it to yourself to read and pass on so we all are informed of what's going on in our world!

Another assessment of where the US stands in relation to the Middle East problems, this one is from the guy who had his finger on the nuclear trigger for three years as head of our defense and response complex buried under Cheyenne Mountain at Colorado Springs. He was the only person who could initiate a nuclear attack after advising the sitting president of a missile launch by our enemies and our need to respond. No political or civilian type in the US had more knowledge about day to day military actions around the world. Everyone should find quiet time to read this. As far as I am concerned, it is exactly the direction we should go and the consequences of not doing so are well thought out.

John R. (Jack) Farrington Major General, USAF (Retired)
---------------------------------------------------Middle East Imperative

http://www.go-patriots.com/Jim%20Cash.htm

austin356
10-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Get access to the CC list that he receives this on, and then "reply to all"

You can make a great response with 1/10 the number of words.

TVMH
10-29-2007, 05:54 PM
who says "rue the day" anymore? :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
10-29-2007, 05:57 PM
From the linked article:

I watched Iran and Iraq shoot missiles at each other every day, and all day long, for months. They killed hundreds of thousand of their people. Know why? They were fighting for control of the Middle East and that enormous oil supply.

And where was Saddam and Iraq getting it's funding from throughout the 1980's?

Rhetorical question...answer, US.

That comment alone negates anything else that may be said.

NewEnd
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Uhh... no.

I stopped caring at "Radical Islam has been attacking the West since the seventh century."

and stopped reading baout halfway through. this is the most nonsensical unrealistic crap I ever read. Full of racist undertones " Their birth rates are so far beyond civilized world rates that in time they recover and attempt to dominate again."

North Korea... terror sponsoring. What a joker.

Are you serious!!

Fucking junk.

TVMH
10-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I didn't mean to be so flippant with my response, but damn, this is just pure fear-mongering.

I would consider this one-star to be part of the Military Industrial Complex; I know, I'm a civilian, and have never served in the military, but both my grandfathers did, my paternal grandfather retiring as a Lt. Col.; he had his own choice words to say about some of the brass (excluding, of course, Gen. Omar Bradley).

EvoPro
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
The guy that wrote that article seems to just want to rule the world. With quotes like:

"Iran must be forced to join modern times and the global community. It may mean a real war---if so, now is the time, before we face a nuclear Iran with the capacity to destroy Israel and begin a new ice age"

Israel won't let Iran become nuclear.

"CONTROLLING IRAN AND DEMOCRATIZING THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE ONLY CHOICE IF WE ARE HELL-BENT ON DEPENDING ON THEM FOR OUR FUTURE ENERGY NEEDS."

That's why we need to utilize nuclear power, drill for oil here and let the free market decide how to break free from our dependence on oil. The war has only drove prices way up.

literatim
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Ask your brother if the Iraq War is worth our prosperity. We can't afford this war for much longer, the U.S. dollar is already worth less than the Canadian dollar. We are over $9 trillion in debt with $2.5 trillion of it in foreign hands--$1 trillion in China--with it increasing by $3 billion per day. We would be absolutely defenseless if China decided to dump all our debt on the open market and make our economy crash.

TVMH
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Ask your brother if the Iraq War is worth our prosperity. We can't afford this war for much longer, the U.S. dollar is already worth less than the Canadian dollar. We are over $9 trillion in debt with $2.5 trillion of it in foreign hands--$1 trillion in China--with it increasing by $3 billion per day. We would be absolutely defenseless if China decided to dump all our debt on the open market and make our economy crash.

It doesn't matter if every family in this country goes bankrupt, we can't leave there with anything less than the honor that our brave men and women deserve.

J Free
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
My purpose in putting together my idea for Six Degrees of Ron Paul is to counter this sort of scare-everyone-around-the-email-campfire nonsense. These sorts of emails have been making the rounds for years among avid Bushies - and are FAR FAR more effective than the mass media in keeping people petrified and ignorant.

I will bump my post since it apparently scrolled away. We can duplicate this sort of campaign. But with a positive message for Ron Paul in the process.

But it will take a bit of work to set it up.

austin356
10-29-2007, 06:09 PM
The guy that wrote that article seems to just want to rule the world. With quotes like:

"Iran must be forced to join modern times and the global community. It may mean a real war---if so, now is the time, before we face a nuclear Iran with the capacity to destroy Israel and begin a new ice age"

"CONTROLLING IRAN AND DEMOCRATIZING THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE ONLY CHOICE IF WE ARE HELL-BENT ON DEPENDING ON THEM FOR OUR FUTURE ENERGY NEEDS."

Even in my darkest days I could never imagine writing something like this.

I mean DAMN, the amount of money we have spent on the war we could have already used on some stupid government program to find new sources of energy, for 1/10th the financial cost.

No wait hell, we could have LITERALLY BOUGHT THE ENTIRE NATION OF IRAN. Iran's GDP is less than what we will have spent in Iraq by the end of this year.

Anti Federalist
10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
As literatim already noted, it's a moot point anyway.

We're broke and we lack the industrial infrastructure to carry on much longer, even if it was the right thing to do, which it isn't.

freelance
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
"Iran must be forced to join modern times and the global community.

"Global community" is the operative phrase. They don't have an "approved" central bank.

Ninja Homer
10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok, so, "they can never be totally defeated", but, "CONTROLLING IRAN AND DEMOCRATIZING THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE ONLY CHOICE".

So I guess he's in favor of being at war forever... or until we go bankrupt in a couple years.

me3
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Iran is a democracy. Some people are truly uninformed.

thomj76
10-29-2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2007/tst052107.htm

I'd start there...

michaelwise
10-29-2007, 06:52 PM
The only thing I found useful in that letter was; The next depression will make the Great Depression look like a picnic, or something like that. But it won't be because of oil being cut off. It will be because of Federal Reserve policies, national debts, and a bunch of other federal debt. Check out what's been happening to the value of our money recently. http://www.dollarcollapse.com/
I am grateful that The Great Depression II is coming, and will give people who think like that, the enema they need.

walt
10-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Israel won't let Iran become nuclear.

That's why we need to utilize nuclear power, drill for oil here and let the free market decide how to break free from our dependence on oil. The war has only drove prices way up.

I don't think that stubborn fella - Bradley in DC is gonna like seeing these facts... :cool:

Channing
10-29-2007, 07:41 PM
If you have to say something, then say that fighting wars in the Middle East for securing energy sources is simply not cost-effective. $500 billion will buy you a lot of alternative energy sources.

Otherwise I'd suggest he watches the documentary "We We Fight":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xYeuzG24mo