PDA

View Full Version : Stop using greedy 3rd party stores and support the OFFICIAL store!

mugen
06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Now that the official Ron Paul 2012 webstore is launched, people should be using it instead of 3rd party for-profit knockoffs.

100% of the money spent at the webstore go towards the campaign.

Just remember that the money you spend DOES go towards the $2500/person limit.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/

Restore-America-NOW
06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Just remember that the money you spend DOES go towards the $2500/person limit.http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/

:(

But I agree.

UtahApocalypse
06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I disagree; and here is why:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?296778-Official-Campaign-Store&p=3320672&viewfull=1#post3320672

First, I am glad that they have finally put this up. As I want to focus on the precinct lists, the two debates in FL, and Presidency 5. I would rather not deal with the product side.

But, I don't see any question on whether or not the campaign is actually getting any of the profit?????????

Seriously, this stuff has a high mark up. In 2008, it was said that the campaign didn't see any money from the product sales.

Here is the Price difference between the Official Store and RonPaulProducts.com:
THE TOTAL SAVINGS IS $2558.06 on buying $4050.29 at the Official Store!!!
That means you could spend only $1492.23 at RonPaulProducts.com and GIVE DIRECTLY to the Official Campaign $2,558.06!!!!

1000 Bumper stickers: $831.59
(This is our 1200 price) $217.48
Difference you could just give to the campaign: $614.11

200 Signs with posts: $1,006.50
$545.98
Difference you could just give to the campaign: $460.52

50 12 by 18 Car magnets: $680.50
$389.98
Difference you could just give to the campaign: 290.52

16 White Shirts: $293.50
$120.83
Difference you could just give to the campaign: $172.67

100 Wristbands: $432.20
$108.98
Difference you could just give to the campaign: 323.22

100 bumper sticker magnets: $806.00
$108.98
Difference you could just give to the campaign: $697.02

So at this point, I am very curious to know who is getting the difference?

In Liberty

JS4Pat
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Free Market maybe?

muzzled dogg
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
negative rep for OP!

trey4sports
06-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Ehh, if you dont have a huge donation budget it might be best to just buy from the store.

iGGz
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Now that the official Ron Paul 2012 webstore is launched, people should be using it instead of 3rd party for-profit knockoffs.

Just remember that the money you spend DOES go towards the $2500/person limit.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/

I think people can choose for themselves where they want to buy certain things.

Hotchney
06-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I think people can choose for themselves where they want to buy certain things.

Truth. Don't worry about where we choose to purchase our campaign swag. I'd hope the people who are selling alternative products will donate some of the proceeds to the campaign.

mugen
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Obviously it's up to your own free choice..
I choose them because the shipping was fast and items are good

tangent4ronpaul
06-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Truth. Don't worry about where we choose to purchase our campaign swag. I'd hope the people who are selling alternative products will donate some of the proceeds to the campaign.

I think some of them, like po are selling at cost or at least a very minimal markup to cover things lost or damaged in the mail.

Sacrificing getting the message out to fundraising is a huge mistake.

Last campaign, there were rumors of old boy corruption as to vendor selection where the vendor price gouged and an the campaign didn't make anything. That doesn't apply to printed matter.

-t

FrankRep
06-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Obviously it's up to your own free choice..
I choose them because the shipping was fast and items are good

Interest choice of words: "greedy 3rd party stores"

libertybrewcity
06-08-2011, 10:19 PM
A lot of these for profit stores are rip offs, but I'm opening up a non-profit store within about 1 week. I will only have Ron Paul Cards at first, but I'll soon enough expand to slim jims, shirts, and bumper stickers. The cost will only include cost of shipping, paypal fees, and the cost to buy it bulk so things will be very cheap. Stay tuned for its GRAND OPENING!

mugen
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Seriously, this stuff has a high mark up. In 2008, it was said that the campaign didn't see any money from the product sales.

This is simply not true.
The 2008 store cleared over 1 million dollars for the campaign in sheer profits.

speciallyblend
06-09-2011, 09:43 AM
damn you now i am gonna go broke supporting Ron Paul wtf? :( sigh hmmmmm now what do i want??? all of it:)

signs,stickers, yard signs , can't wait to take pics, my car will be parked near front desk of hotel that sells 90-150 rooms a night;) yard sign on a decent cross section in denver:) magnet car signs i am in;) sigh please get ron paul blimp ballons all sizes.

speciallyblend
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
A lot of these for profit stores are rip offs, but I'm opening up a non-profit store within about 1 week. I will only have Ron Paul Cards at first, but I'll soon enough expand to slim jims, shirts, and bumper stickers. The cost will only include cost of shipping, paypal fees, and the cost to buy it bulk so things will be very cheap. Stay tuned for its GRAND OPENING!

yo yo, if your donating your profits to ron paul,please include all sizes of ron paul blimp ballons etc etc, these will sell. I would rather buy from campaign or someone donating profits to ron paul and help spread those;)

Romulus
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Don't worry about where we choose to purchase our campaign swag. I'd hope the people who are selling alternative products will donate some of the proceeds to the campaign.

We have and do. My whole point of running my store is so I can support the campaign, BUT I cannot advertise that, as it's against #!$% FEC regs.

Since I sell shirts starting at 12.99, there's hardly any greed involved there. We are doing it to provide a good product, get the message out and support the campaign. If you're maxed out, supporting a reputable store is a great alternative to directly supporting the campaign. Plus, its hellva lot better than supporting Zazzle or Cafepress IMHO.

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
The problem is the donation cap. If you are SURE that over the next year and a half you won't hit the cap, then absolutely, support the official store. But the cost of those materials comes out of the donation, yet not out of the cap applied to your donations, so if you think you will hit the cap over the next year and a half, better to donate case and buy elsewhere.

the only wrinkle is that a dollar now means more than a dollar 13 months from now, but I'm not sure what percentage of the official store represents profit for the campaign.

libertybrewcity
06-09-2011, 01:02 PM
yo yo, if your donating your profits to ron paul,please include all sizes of ron paul blimp ballons etc etc, these will sell. I would rather buy from campaign or someone donating profits to ron paul and help spread those;)

there will be no profits..the whole point will be to get as many items with ron paul on it(and his message) into communities and the hands of activists. lower costs=maximized effect

craezie
06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't have a problem paying $17 for a t-shirt or whatever. My problem is that the designs from the official store are lame. Seriously, no appeal whatsoever--to me they scream old and boring (and I'm over 30).

I'd rather just donate the money and buy something I like elsewhere. Plus, people who are artists and create designs deserve to be paid for their abilities, political campaign or not. There is nothing wrong with that.

Elluminated
06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I have to agree with the above post. The designs at the official store are lame, and I think that any success in getting Ron Paul's name out there is a contribution to the campaign.

I personally sell Ron Paul campaign material on eBay. I only got started because it was so hard finding a yard sign and bumper magnet when I was first looking for them. I order in bulk, and sell at or below retail. But I'm not greedy, my prices are better than the official store. And all proceeds are being donated to the campaign, but in my own way. I am giving away free Ron Paul campaign material (the profit) to members of my family, friends, and community. I live in Ohio, which a major swing state. I will be responsible for hundreds of free signs, stickers, and magnets floating around Ohio for citizens to see. I don't want to make a dime off this particular business venture, just trying to help spread the word of Freedom and Liberty. Truth be told, I haven't even broke even yet... so I'm sure not getting rich off of it!

I encourage people to buy from the official store if they wish to support the campaign directly. But for those who want a large selection, with the ability and ease to make the purchase on eBay... I have 10 different styles of Ron Paul yard signs, and 45 different styles of Ron Paul bumper stickers and magnets. Over 100 Ron Paul auctions and growing:
http://shop.ebay.com/ronpaul4freedom/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

GO RON PAUL! :)

RonPaul2012grassroots
06-12-2011, 07:46 AM

No, it appears you're confused and you lack knowledge of the facts. There is nothing anywhere on the official website saying that 100% of the money spent at the 'official campaign' webstore - or even ONE PERCENT - goes into the campaign funds - NOTHING WHATSOEVER.

The fact is that just like in 2007 and 2008 100% of the money paid for campaign materials purchased from the official campaign goes directly to a vendor such as Campaign Resources, Inc. owned by Mark Elam. And just like 3-4 years ago we can expect out of line prices and delivery times of over a month when it is critical to get materials out in a timely fashion. Last go 'round we furnished bumper stickers for 1/3 the cost and yard signs for less than 1/2 the cost of a price gouging and opportunistic vendor via the 'official campaign store'.

Compare the quality of the materials and the prices, you will find far better deals for better presentation designs than the official campaign store via grassroots activists.

brownphish
06-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I agree. The deal is, the 3rd party sites have "cooler/edgier" designs. The point of the shirts are for marketing the RP name and sparking conversations. That being said, I did buy an "official" shirt just because it was "official".

I wish the Official Store would use a thinner tee material and have a few different "Old School" logo and "feel". The shirts on the official site don't really have a "cool vibe" to them. I feel this needs to be addressed.

brownphish
06-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I agree. The deal is, the 3rd party sites have "cooler/edgier" designs. The point of the shirts are for marketing the RP name and sparking conversations. That being said, I did buy an "official" shirt just because it was "official".

I wish the Official Store would use a thinner tee material and have a few different "Old School" logo and "feel". The shirts on the official site don't really have a "cool vibe" to them. I feel this needs to be addressed.

I bought my T on the last moneybomb day and got a "thank you for your donation" email.??

speciallyblend
06-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I bought my T on the last moneybomb day and got a "thank you for your donation" email.??

i am going to buy official as well and then buy from others to!! I kinda like the hq design white hat and a few other items!!