PDA

View Full Version : QOTD Poll: Should Anthony Weiner resign?

DXDoug
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Question of the Day Poll:

Should Anthony Weiner resign?

-Yes
-No
-Him and about 200 more Reps.

Anthony David Weiner is the U.S. Representative for New York's 9th congressional district.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Weiner

UtahApocalypse
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
For me it has NOTHING to o with his picture being sent to some chicks, or even if he cheated, I dont care about his personal life.

He lied

That is the fact that should lead to impeachment or a resignation.

dannno
06-08-2011, 12:47 PM
For me it has NOTHING to o with his picture being sent to some chicks, or even if he cheated, I dont care about his personal life.

He lied

What did he lie about? If it was related to his private life then I don't give a fuck if he lied, it's his private life.

I think he should resign because he supported Obamacare and I disagree with his politics, but I'm going to vote "No" because I don't think he should resign over this incident. I'd also like to vote the "Him and 200 other reps" option, but I just voted No.

DXDoug
06-08-2011, 12:48 PM

He lied

AGREE and made everyone think IT WAS China Hacking his account lol. why would china hack a us rep account to send a photo of himself to some one.... Then im sure the fbi and homeland security got involved with the whole china ploy. Tax money gone investigating bs money money money gone gone gone because of lies. Not the first and surely not the last.

nate895
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM

He lied

If he cheated on his wife, he lied to her.

I voted no for the same reason Rush would vote no. This is good for conservatives. I hate to sound terribly jaded and pragmatic about that, but it's not like a conservative or anyone better is going to get elected out of the cesspool he represents.

UtahApocalypse
06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
What did he lie about? If it was related to his private life then I don't give a fuck if he lied, it's his private life.

I think he should resign because he supported Obamacare and I disagree with his politics, but I'm going to vote "No" because I don't think he should resign over this incident. I'd also like to vote the "Him and 200 other reps" option, but I just voted No.

a simple "that is my private business and I will not discuss it" would have sufficed.

jmdrake
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
If he cheated on his wife, he lied to her.

I voted no for the same reason Rush would vote no. This is good for conservatives. I hate to sound terribly jaded and pragmatic about that, but it's not like a conservative or anyone better is going to get elected out of the cesspool he represents.

I started to vote no for the same reason, but then went with "Him and about 200 more Reps.". While I don't approve of his personal life, it's the policies that he and certain other members of congress support that's the real problem. It's sad that you can trample on the constitution all day long, but only a sex story gets press.

nate895
06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I started to vote no for the same reason, but then went with "Him and about 200 more Reps.". While I don't approve of his personal life, it's the policies that he and certain other members of congress support that's the real problem. It's sad that you can trample on the constitution all day long, but only a sex story gets press.

I would have voted for that option too, which would be our equivalent of a government collapse in Parliamentary systems, but that just isn't on the table, so I would rather just beat up on the silly Congressman and embarrass the Obama Administration since he was one of their foremost defenders in Congress. I'd say the same thing about a Republican too, and I'd support trying to oust them in a Primary (or General if that is a feasible option, otherwise I wouldn't waste money on it). It just exemplifies the corrupt culture of our politicians, the same way driving around D.C. does.

TonySutton
06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
He is not my representative. It is up to him and the voters of New York 9th to decide. If they are not happy with his actions then they will pressure him and/or vote him out next election cycle.

MisterTickle
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Such a stupid stupid issue... Theirs so much more evil going on in the world and we're worrying about guys who we already knew we're criminals and their sexual obsessions?

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I put him and 200 others, but really, he's a dead man walking at this point which might be better than whomever takes his place. And you didn't have a category for 'no, let him stay and be an embarrassment to the Democrats'.

Such a stupid stupid issue... Theirs so much more evil going on in the world and we're worrying about guys who we already knew we're criminals and their sexual obsessions?

Oh, my opinion has little to do with the issue... well, I guess that isn't true, compulsive underwear tweets to multiple undergrads from his official account does strike me as creepy. However, my opinion of him solidified with the arrogant shots he took at Rand at that Journolists dinner or whatever, and soon after in cocky interviews completely demagoguing him.

ravedown
06-08-2011, 02:36 PM
its disgusting to witness his congressional colleagues and political cronies all looking down their noses at him and saying he's a disgrace when they are just as guilty-if not more by their insider business dealings and voting records. he didn't really break any law other than the thread-bare law of public opinion. its the two party gotcha game that's pathetic and brietbart is just as ugly as the rest.
i say leave him in office and let him wear it as a badge until re-election.

Cutlerzzz
06-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, but not because of the scandal. Just for being an awful man and horrible for America.

DXDoug
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Yooo doodle this was already asked.