PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain sounding just like Ron Paul WTF!

Delegate2
06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Herman Cain saying we can't police the world, I strongly support thye 2nd amendment, states rights, pro life WTF!

h ttp://www.hermancainforums.com/index.php?topic=123.0

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
They will all sound like him. Bachmann voted for Kucinich's Lybia resolution, too. (NOt against the Patriot Act though_)

parocks
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Ron Paul's positions are conservative positions, and it's not too surprising to find other candidates with the same positions. Not in all cases, but many.

pcosmar
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Listen closer.

And remember that the guy is saying anything to get attention.

As opposed to a Man that has had a Consistent and Principled position for 40 years.

Bman
06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
It's good to have people talking this way. Maybe at some point more people will have demonstrated that they mean what they say. Take joy whenever you hear someone you wouldn't expect speak a message you agree with. Don't attack Cain when he says something you agree with. Just comment that you know Ron will follow through, that Ron has your vote.

TER
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
It's good to have people talking this way. Maybe at some point more people will have demonstrated that they mean what they say. Take joy whenever you hear someone you wouldn't expect speak a message you agree with. Don't attack Cain when he says something you agree with. Just comment that you know Ron will follow through, that Ron has your vote.

Well said.

Ray
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Someone should make a video showing these neocons that are now repeating almost direct quotes of what Ron has said in the past, followed by Ron's actual quotes with dates in the video.

Carehn
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
statesmen like our beloved Paul lead. Now politicians like Mr. Cain run to the front of the march and act as though they are leading it. Its good because Cain and other politicians like him act as barometers, telling us where the people are going.

Cain and others act like the piper leading us AWAY from reason. 1st running to the front then trying to lead people astray. I don't think its working very well for them anymore.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Someone should make a video showing these neocons that are now repeating almost direct quotes of what Ron has said in the past, followed by Ron's actual quotes with dates in the video.I thought the same thing, but I don't possess the skills to do it. Some of the clips would be hard, or impossible, to find too.

american.swan
06-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Someone should make a video showing these neocons that are now repeating almost direct quotes of what Ron has said in the past, followed by Ron's actual quotes with dates in the video.

+1000

AlexanderY
06-08-2011, 01:01 AM
PPPPPPPPPPanderinggggggg.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Even Sarah Palin is starting to sound like RP just a bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiwXJCdX_A#t=6m18s

dean.engelhardt
06-08-2011, 07:01 AM
During the first Rebublican debate, Cain had yet to decide on a foriegn policy. Now that polls show that Americans think we spend too much on foreign wars he is against them? This is very fishy. Ron Paul's stand doesn't change with polls.

Brett85
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
During the first Rebublican debate, Cain had yet to decide on a foriegn policy. Now that polls show that Americans think we spend too much on foreign wars he is against them? This is very fishy. Ron Paul's stand doesn't change with polls.

In the debate he said that he's against the war in Libya, and he's undecided on the war in Afghanistan. That position hasn't changed.

jmdrake
06-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Herman Cain saying we can't police the world, I strongly support thye 2nd amendment, states rights, pro life WTF!

http://www.hermancainforums.com/index.php?topic=123.0

Herman Cain will say anything to get elected. He's a bigger flip flopper than John Kerry ever was.

tmg19103
06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Cain is a Fox media creation to marginalize Ron Paul until Fox can find someone to get behind like it did with McCain last go around.

I actually don't mind Cain sounding like RP, because Cain does have supposed "credibility" with part of the GOP base due to how Fox rigged its post SC debate focus group.

Cain will be a flash-in-the-pan, but if his mindless supporters agree him and he copies RP, perhaps some of Cain's supporters will vote RP when Cain's 15 minutes fizzles - as it already is.

speciallyblend
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
he must of talked to huckabee.

pcosmar
06-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Cain does NOT sound anything like Paul. I listened to Him at the Debate and could not figure out what people saw in him or why he was even there.

There is an old saying
"You can make your mouth say anything"

It applies to Cain.

belian78
06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Cain does NOT sound anything like Paul. I listened to Him at the Debate and could not figure out what people saw in him or why he was even there.

There is an old saying
"You can make your mouth say anything"

It applies to Cain.

Well, they're referring to recently in his media appearances. Which he has been ripping Ron off. But I'll agree with you about the debate. Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together should be able to realize this guy ran his mouth and didn't actually say a damn thing.

cindy25
06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
someone needs to ask Cain about the Patriot Act, and the debt ceiling

Valli6
06-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Let's keep tying Mark Twain's quote to Ron. it clearly describes the Ron Paul phenomenon (including tea parties). His opponents should be labled "the timid ones".

"In the beginning of a change, The Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned.
When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

ravedown
06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Huntsman is doing the same and seems to be making progress with it. Can't blame them really, the message is getting popular.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iuoHUTn1V6vsIDAxTaGkkHME2dgQ?docId=6b123a0c8 d9d468b82f962e95a569d80

Zatch
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Cain will say anything. Remember how he said auditing the fed was a "waste of money" and then later he said he would support an audit.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2011, 09:58 AM
We had to worry about the "Yes We Can" idiots last election, now we have to worry about the "Yes We Cain" ones. Baaaaaaa.

belian78
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
The support for this guy is absolutely infuriating. I saw him on CNN the other day, and the man couldn't even pronounce half his words correctly. Add that to his entire platform as of now being 'elect me, then I'll get some advisors to tell me what to do', and I'm just dumbfounded how anyone with a minimal level of intelligence could support him.

mconder
06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Ron Paul's positions are conservative positions, and it's not too surprising to find other candidates with the same positions. Not in all cases, but many.

Until after the election of course.

falconplayer11
06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
We need to be careful not to reject other candidates becoming more like Paul. That is the ultimate goal: to change the view of government. If Herman Cain starts to sound more and more like Paul, that is a good thing...that is success. I'm 100% sure Ron Paul would say the same thing.

Yes, it is frustrating considering Cain is inconsistent, but this sort of restraint regarding foreign policy would have been impossible to support as a conservative in 2004. Ron Paul's opinions have really made an impression on the larger political arena.

Romulus
06-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't care what he says... I get more po'd because people actually believe it to be true! Lie Lie Lie... get elected, then its TOLDJA!

someone needs to ask Cain about the Patriot Act, and the debt ceiling

And auditing the Fed...

nandnor
06-08-2011, 12:58 PM
nvm

jmdrake
06-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Even Sarah Palin is starting to sound like RP just a bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiwXJCdX_A#t=6m18s

Wow! Good find.

Brett85
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Huntsman is doing the same and seems to be making progress with it. Can't blame them really, the message is getting popular.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iuoHUTn1V6vsIDAxTaGkkHME2dgQ?docId=6b123a0c8 d9d468b82f962e95a569d80

That's a good thing. The goal of the liberty movement should be to reform the GOP into a Constitutionalist party, not simply get Ron elected.

tremendoustie
06-08-2011, 03:05 PM
agreed. and cain is a pretty cool guys and now with the policy views he has shown recently, like no to world policing and yes to fed audit i think he has my vote if ron has problems

I wouldn't vote for cain in a million years. I'd take the opportunity to write in Paul, or any of a number of other real pro-liberty people.

jmdrake
06-08-2011, 03:08 PM
agreed. and cain is a pretty cool guys and now with the policy views he has shown recently, like no to world policing and yes to fed audit i think he has my vote if ron has problems

How about yes to increasing the debt ceiling two days after saying no to it? Oh and why did he change his mind? Because Chris Wallace pointed out to him that federal reserve chairman Ben Bernanke wanted the ceiling raised. Don't be fooled. Herman Cain is a tool that will say what he needs to get elected.

low preference guy
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
federal reserve chairman Ben Bernanke wanted the ceiling raised

supported the bailout and ridiculed those who opposed it as "purists"

kahless
06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Beck has him on right now. :(

low preference guy
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Beck has him on right now. :(

he should fucking grill him about some of his stands we pointed out in this thread.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Not sounding like Ron anymore.

"If Israel was attacked, it would be an attack on America"

At Glenn's leading, of course.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Beck has him on right now. :(Yep, and he's trying to do damage control on his refusal to appoint a Muslim to his cabinet. I think he's just digging the hole deeper.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I believe Beck said they would be discussing his Federal Reserve connection later on. I am sure it will be excused because this has been a Cain lovefest so far with Beck basically endorsing the guy.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2011, 03:36 PM
He even appealed to Cain's position at the Fed as evidence of authority on world economy, and asked for his "expertise" in diagnosing Europe's economic woes.

What a joke, I couldn't be happier that Beck is getting the boot.

kahless
06-08-2011, 03:38 PM
The are talking about the fed again now. Cain started criticizing the feds decisions without saying what they were and then switched to talking about the gas tax.

Beck sounds like he is going to ask about the fed for a 3rd time after the break and we will see if we get another non-answer.

thehungarian
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Cain will basically say "the Fed shouldn't be doing what they are doing, but I still think it's necessary" and Beck will noddingly approve because he is a Cain shill. /seermode

kahless
06-08-2011, 03:47 PM
He said he does not think they will find anything but wouldn't block auditing the fed. Does not think it is worthwhile.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Cain says his Federal Reserve connections should not be held against him because they were not doing this stuff when he was there............................

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL! He still has friends back at the Fed, but NOOOOOoooooo, he's not part of the cabal. He's just trying to take the blame OFF the Fed for inflation right now.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Now God told him to Run for President or some such nonsense and he is doing it for the children and because he survived cancer or something...

JK/SEA
06-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Touching moment there at the end.....brought a tear to my eye...

burp....excuse me while i barf.

kahless
06-08-2011, 04:05 PM
That was torture and I made it worse by leaving the TV on for one more minute to hear this tidbit.

Foxnews poll

23 Romney
13 Guiliani
10 Palin

I have to turn the TV off and go have a beer. I just can't handle anymore FNC propaganda.

thehungarian
06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
The best part was when Beck says to him after their 2 1/2 minute Fed chat, "I'd like to do a whole hour with you on the Fed if I could" or something to that effect. GLENN YOU SHIT-PIECE, you just had him on your show for a whole hour and didn't hit him on a single god damn thing!

No TARP, no bailouts, and just poked him with a toothpick on the Fed. Glenn will endorse Cain and then the world will end.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-08-2011, 04:24 PM
^ Well, there was the part where Beck said he wanted to end the Fed! :D Cain didn't respond to that at all, and the camera just showed the back of Cain's head, not his facial reaction.

SWATH
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Did I hear correctly? Cain wants to make Muslim congressman prove their allegiance to the Constitution but not any other religion because he would not be comfortable with them in office?

anaconda
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I think this is a good reason for Ron to bring up all of Obama's failed promises and make an issue of credibility and special interest corruption, and extend that subject to his own party's nomination. But do it neatly, quickly, and strongly.

pcosmar
06-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Herman Cain sounding just like Ron Paul

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297330-Adding-Lithium-to-Drinking-Water-Supply-quot-The-next-Flouride-quot-WTF

I suspect this is already happening. People are losing the ability to think.

devil21
06-08-2011, 04:40 PM

h ttp://www.hermancainforums.com/index.php?topic=123.0

Holy shit. Go crush that forum. I voted for Ron Paul in the poll, which said was completely confidential, and was literally banned 3 minutes later by the admin.

Im sure all 12 members would love to hear about Cain's Fed past.

Romulus
06-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Beck is just a POS shill like Cain...

CountryboyRonPaul
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
ahem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc

low preference guy
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
ahem...

exactly

kahless
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
The best part was when Beck says to him after their 2 1/2 minute Fed chat, "I'd like to do a whole hour with you on the Fed if I could" or something to that effect. GLENN YOU SHIT-PIECE, you just had him on your show for a whole hour and didn't hit him on a single god damn thing!

No TARP, no bailouts, and just poked him with a toothpick on the Fed. Glenn will endorse Cain and then the world will end.

Foxnews knows that more than half of their viewers cannot think for themselves. These same viewers might have heard about these issues elsewhere and may have been influenced to support ending the fed and issues related Ron Paul, which poses a big problem for them. Their strategy is to lead the viewer appropriately away from candidates like Paul by the host showing a caring concern for these sames issues with the Foxnews selected candidate in an unusually friendly way.

I bet the next conversation I have with a regular FNC viewer I will hear that Cain is similar to Paul but in a better way just because the FNC hosts they listened to simply bring up these issues with Cain and gush all over him. It does not matter that Cain does not answer the question or what his answer is. All the viewer sees and hears is the hosts reaction and that is good enough for them.

People need to understand that no matter what they hear on Foxnews their job is to ultimately put Progressives - big government establishment candidates in office and they may very well again succeed. I therefore think it is extremely important that there is an education campaign to expose Foxnews in all political discussions and identify yourself as Republican when doing so.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I therefore think it is extremely important that there is an education campaign to expose Foxnews in all political discussions and identify yourself as Republican when doing so.I don't know how successful that would be, especially without a good alternative news channel. I imagine most Fox viewers would just shut out that message.

I do agree wholeheartedly that they are just supporting the big government GOP establishment, however. They will boost Tea Party candidates (such as they are) until they are no longer useful, and then they will jump behind Romney like they did last time with McCain. They already seem to have selected him as front-runner and "most likely to win".

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
nt

kahless
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't know how successful that would be, especially without a good alternative news channel. I imagine most Fox viewers would just shut out that message.

I meant personally when in any political discussion on or offline. Otherwise people just look at you as an Obama lib that hates Foxnews.

james1906
06-08-2011, 07:06 PM
That's a good thing. The goal of the liberty movement should be to reform the GOP into a Constitutionalist party, not simply get Ron elected.

How many of these 'tea party patriots' elected last year have actually done anything to limit gov't? We got Amash, Rand, Lee....is that all? We need to elect candidates that will actually walk the talk.

samforpaul
06-08-2011, 07:07 PM

And perhaps show Ron's voting record particularly when he stood alone to do what was right.

AGRP
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Isolationist!

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-09-2011, 06:32 PM
O'Reilly was kicking Cain's butt a little bit on the Factor just now. He challenged him on just about every one of his answers and dismissed a few of them. It didn't sound like he liked him much as a candidate, even though he was cordial at the end.

kahless
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
O'Reilly was kicking Cain's butt a little bit on the Factor just now. He challenged him on just about every one of his answers and dismissed a few of them. It didn't sound like he liked him much as a candidate, even though he was cordial at the end.

I thought he was overly friendly with Cain. I agree Cain did not really answer any of the questions and I can't see how this guy keeps getting away with this without the media getting all over him. It is truly unbelievable.

Afghanistan he said he would wait to hear what the strategy is. He said if they tell him to stay as long as it takes to win then that would be the strategy. But if we can't win he would re-evaluate what to do.

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I thought he was overly friendly with Cain.Really? He pressed Cain on reducing the deficit, stopping Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, and the war in Afghanistan. The impression left was O'Reilly wasn't buying Cain's arguments. I certainly felt he was tougher than Cain's past interviewers.

http://video.foxnews.com/#/v/985737964001/herman-cain-in-no-spin-zone/?playlist_id=87937

osan
06-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Sounding like RP does not imply BEING like him.

Caveat emptor.

Romulus
06-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Sounding like RP does not imply BEING like him.

Caveat emptor.

General public does cant not know wat is it.