PDA

View Full Version : How many Ron Paul votes did you bring to Ames today?

cdc482
06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I just got 2 people to go (independents). I offered to pay the $10, but they said it's not necessary, they will drive. :)

You guys gotta get on rp2012.org and start calling!

cdc482
06-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Just got 2 more people!
Seriously, what are the odds? I must have made ~100 calls in total, and I just got 2 RP supporters in a row for a total of 4 votes in Ames!

Edit: Also independents. Seem to have good chances in that pool.

Edit: Also, not to brag, but I think a lot of people are getting favorable impressions of RP through the kind conversations they have with his supporters :) Please join me in calling people! :)

Post your results here

cdc482
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Bump. Come on guys. This has got to be the best use of our time and effort.

Sign up at rp2012.org, and find RP voters for Ames. There is no excuse for us not winning Ames. I talked to Jun, the site creator for rp2012.org. We are currently averaging 1 RP supporter per hundred calls. To date 10 people have made 1,000 calls (We have 12 supporters signed up for Ames)... So if we get 1,000 people making calls, that's 1,000,000 calls and 10,000 votes for RP in Ames (he needs 7,500 to win).

I repeat there is no reason for RP to lose Ames. His supporters are passionate. We can easily achieve 1,000,000 calls. If he doesn't win Ames, it's on us. Start phonebanking to independents!

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Who owns the database result of all that effort? I'd hate to see it used on behalf of someone competing against Ron.

cdc482
06-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Jun, a very passionate RP supporter since 2008. I have called him when I mis-clicked filing in information for RP. You gotta fill in a questionaire (did you find an RP supporter? How many votes can they bring to Ames? Should we call them back or are they committed?) for all the people you get through to.

Seriously. There is no excuse for losing Ames. The supporters are passionate enough. We only need 1,000 people to make 1,000 calls. I am surprised we're currently only at 10. Let's jump on this PLEASE

cdc482
06-08-2011, 08:20 AM
All you do is call people, and read a script. In sum, it's something like
"Are you an RP supporter?"
then
"no"
"Okay. I hope you consider voting for RP in the future, as he is one of the few honest politicians we have. Thanks for your time. Bye" Be polite because undecided people will at least think RP supporters are kind.
or
"yes"
I usually break script when I get a yes, but I guess you should stick to it
"Great. You can help RP win by voting in Ames. The campaign will bus you to and from the event, and they're even throwing in a free shirt and bracelet. We will pay the $10 fee for you (Jun will be e-mailing vouchers to people, redeemable for the entry fee, and $10 bus ride). How many people can you get to go with you? Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to support Ron Paul."

harikaried
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
What are you using to call? Google Voice should work and is free for now from any state.

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
How does Jun feel about Gary Johnson? I mean, if people who like Ron are targeted to push a competitor ANY competitor, most here would not want to help build that tool. Bachmann isn't building GOTV votes for Palin or Cain, either.

trey4sports
06-08-2011, 10:03 AM
What are you using to call? Google Voice should work and is free for now from any state.

I use Google Voice, be sure and upgrade your account so you can use a local Ames area code.

How does Jun feel about Gary Johnson? I mean, if people who like Ron are targeted to push a competitor ANY competitor, most here would not want to help build that tool. Bachmann isn't building GOTV votes for Palin or Cain, either.

This is a GOTV effort for Ron Paul, no one else.

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I use Google Voice, be sure and upgrade your account so you can use a local Ames area code.

This is a GOTV effort for Ron Paul, no one else.

I know we aren't supposed to, but, honestly, I am becoming tempted. The campaign started great, but I'm wondering if maybe we didn't give them the money they needed early enough to continue that strongly or what....

the thing is, I hate the idea of the campaign having to buy the database, if volunteers are creating it. I'm holding out a little longer, but I'm wavering...

Arklatex
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I mentioned Paul to a repair man and looked confused at first then said "Oh that's the guy my cousin was telling me about!" :)

thanks to everyone who calls! This kind of stuff is what will win.

harikaried
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
There isn't really an "upgrade" right? It's just changing your google voice number to another number. That's free.

Edit: Oh. Apparently it's no longer free to change. I guess new accounts are free.