PDA

View Full Version : Does Dr. Paul have a major "nothing to fear, except fear itself" type speech ready??

wfd40
10-29-2007, 04:00 PM
SSIA..

but basically, I was reading Krugman's op-ed today:

In America’s darkest hour, Franklin Delano Roosevelt urged the nation not to succumb to “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror.” But that was then.
Today, many of the men who hope to be the next president — including all of the candidates with a significant chance of receiving the Republican nomination — have made unreasoning, unjustified terror the centerpiece of their campaigns.
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/29/opinion/29krugman.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

and couldn't help but think that if anyone had the moral authority to make such a statement, it would be Dr. Paul.

So guys, does Doc have any major speeches planned? Does he have a Kennedy-esque speech writer on staff yet? etc. etc.

Eric21ND
10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Ron needs to have a sit down down fireside chat with America. I never really understood what FDR meant until the Bush Administration and the Iraq War.

Aratus
10-27-2018, 06:30 AM
I'd even settle for SENATOR RAND PAUL now suggesting that mankind be not crucified on a cross of gold,
nor be subjected to the dismal downward spiral of paper money inflation via our nation's printing presses.

Aratus
10-27-2018, 06:38 AM
DJT could have gotten away with a 5% change in the tax brackets,
but his military spending on top of his chronic borrowing is creating
bigger debt. He tends to spend, spend, spend worse than a budget
balancing Democrat. He does not give a rat's a$$ about what the
next POTUS shall inherit. Maybe he thinks he can rig a scenario that
lets him linger on until he drops dead in the job. For starters, can he
eliminate the "HARRY S TRUMAN" Amendment that makes FDR's 12+
actual years much more difficult to pull off? Keep in mind what a win
in '92 would have done for George H.W Bush, given how he & Nancy
Reagan helped out POTUS Ronnie in his term two, Dick Cheney style.

Aratus
10-27-2018, 06:40 AM
DJT's 15% tax cut that is selective, and above the greater unwash'd!!!

Aratus
10-27-2018, 07:13 AM
We all may be paying for Donald John Trump's stupidities for a generation!