PDA

View Full Version : LOL: Fred's online team is strong

specsaregood
06-12-2007, 08:50 AM
./

angelatc
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Fred has been planning an on-line campaign for a long time. I suspect that at least one of the "grass roots" sites that supported him are really associated with the effort. His wife is a Republican strategist or something, so I think they're about to run the most carefullt crafted "down, home friendly grassroots" campaign we've ever seen.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Imitation is the best form of flattery.

They know what's WORKING - the internet RON PAUL revolution, so of course they're trying to steal it.

That's also why you heard the candidates at that last debate trying to sound as if they have actually read the Constitution, too. They know what is WORKING.

I believe their internal polling data is showing them that RPs message is resonating and the online campaign we're waging is very effective, and so they're all trying to copycat.

When they start copying us, I consider that a very good sign.

:)

njandrewg
06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
ron paul has the grassroot effort because people believe his message. Fred Thompson on the other hand is so popular because of ignorance. Why do you think he ignores the debates? Because the second people will know his views he'll be out of the race after being labeled bush 2.0

JoshLowry
06-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Look at all the fireflies: http://fredthompson.meetup.com/

rockfree33
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I've heard of this Fred Thompson before, all I know is that he was an actor or something. Oh well, Ron Paul for President!

CJLauderdale4
06-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Just like the disclaimers the MSM needs to give when RP is in the lead on online polls, are they going to do the same for Fred Thompson, because he's just so "Internet saavy"???

Do his supporters even know how to find a forum or online poll?? Ron's done all of this simply by his message. It's people like us that have done the rest: putting up forums, YouTube vids, finding polls, etc.

The latest family/friends I've talked to, who like FT, don't even check their email everyday....

ARealConservative
06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I've heard of this Fred Thompson before, all I know is that he was an actor or something. Oh well, Ron Paul for President!

Actor/lawyer/lobbyist

He is standing in the shadows for a reason. Exposed to the light of day American's will see him for what he is.

BLS
06-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I think this says it all

Popular Topics in Candidates

Ron Paul 2008
286 Meetup Groups
Draft Al Gore
105 Meetup Groups
Barack Obama
70 Meetup Groups
John Kerry
46 Meetup Groups
John Edwards / One America
43 Meetup Groups
Dennis Kucinich
39 Meetup Groups
Hillary Rodham Clinton
28 Meetup Groups
Wesley Clark
7 Meetup Groups
Draft Mark Warner
6 Meetup Groups
Draft Fred Thompson for President
4 Meetup Groups
George W. Bush
4 Meetup Groups
Ralph Nader
2 Meetup Groups
Draft Russ Feingold
2 Meetup Groups
John McCain
2 Meetup Groups
David Gereighty for Congress
2 Meetup Groups

DjLoTi
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
They really ARE trying to immitate the RP campaign. It is very amusing. They really have not a chance at succeeding. Fred is a shallow, empty candidate with nothing fresh or innovative. He's just another cut from the mold of the CFR candidates that want to take us down the dangerous path.

It really is worth LOLing about, because the 'internet grassroots campaign' for Fred is really, really BAD. I've seen it.

He only has 1 meetup wannabe person in LA! That's like, hollywood. lol

mconder
06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
It'll be because of the Revolution.

Globalist revolution...he's a CFR member.

Seer
06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
It's funny, that they're trying to organize a grassroots campaign. They don't realize that Ron Paul has about as much control and creation of his grassroots support as I do. You can't create grassroot support, it just happens.

AlexAmore
06-12-2007, 10:06 AM
HAHA Fred Thompson's meetup page is big giant FUCK YOU! lol!

specsaregood
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
./

CJLauderdale4
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Went to meetup for dork FT, put in my zip, and what do you know:

"No one's started any Draft Fred Thompson for President Meetups near Fort Lauderdale yet. Would you like to be the one to start a Fort Lauderdale Draft Fred Thompson for President Meetup?"

Awe....no love in South Florida...kinda wanna cry...Ok. Not really...

Just remember what the MSM said about FT - "Internet saavy", and about RP "snowball's chance"

tnvoter
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Truth is, I'm from Tennessee, and I left thompson's "roots" campaign the same day that I heard Ron Paul speak for the first time a month and a half ago. Thank God for that.

I even emailed them asking them to remove me from their list- since they didn't have an option for it- because I was joining Ron Paul's restore the republic/ conservative /constitutionalist campaign. They finally did.

angrydragon
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Truth is, I'm from Tennessee, and I left thompson's "roots" campaign the same day that I heard Ron Paul speak for the first time a month and a half ago. Thank God for that.

I even emailed them asking them to remove me from their list- since they didn't have an option for it- because I was joining Ron Paul's restore the republic/ conservative /constitutionalist campaign. They finally did.

Hope more people see through Fred's neo-conservatism.

LeFou
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, ex-Law-and-Order junkie I guess.

I've always loved FT on that show. I seriously hope he can return to it for many, many more seasons.

As to his attempt at "online grassroots campaigning" well...

RP (he admits it) knows dick about the net, and has 99% owned it. That's because the internet isn't a tool that you add to your campaign. It's just a way for people to find each other. And if FT supporters are not all that excited about their candidate (they aren't), they won't use it to full effect. It doesn't matter how much FT's coordinators study it and try to bend it to their will.

X_805
06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
And if FT supporters are not all that excited about their candidate (they aren't), they won't use it to full effect.

The only real internet support I've seen for Fred Thompson is on sites specifically devoted to neo-conservative thought and ar15.com's forums, which admittedly have a large following.

Broadlighter
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM
About 11 years ago I went to South Korea and visited a tourist lookout station at the border between North and South Korea. On the other side you could see facads of building and people working in the fields. Loudspeakers were blaring out pro-communist, North Korean propaganda. My Korean hosts told me they were trying to entice people to defect to their side.

When I think of the Fred Thompson candidacy, I'm reminded about those facades.

AZ Libertarian
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
ron paul has the grassroot effort because people believe his message. Fred Thompson on the other hand is so popular because of ignorance. Why do you think he ignores the debates? Because the second people will know his views he'll be out of the race after being labeled bush 2.0

Article: "Rivals try to deflate F. Thompson campaign "

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4470.html

The word is getting around....

(The comments were also quite informative). :rolleyes:

Seer
06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, ex-Law-and-Order junkie I guess.

I've always loved FT on that show. I seriously hope he can return to it for many, many more seasons.

If I'm going to support any for being an actor on that show, it's going to be Sam Waterson.

Dary
06-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Quoting Fred Thompson:

"When it comes to reform of the way Washington does business, John McCain is the leader."

"When it comes to military matters, matters of foreign affairs, John McCain has become the leader."

"And when it comes to personal courage and integrity and the courage to do what he thinks is right regardless whether or not it is particularly popular at the moment John McCain has shown the characteristics of leadership like no-one else that I've ever seen."

John McCain's support and co-authorship of the McCain/Feingold campaign finance reform act, which trashes the 1st. Amendment, would be considered treasonous by the founders. The founders would consider his support for Bush's war to be tyrannical. The founders would have tried, convicted and hung John McCain as a traitor. Yet Thompson holds him up to be the epitome of leadership and integrity?

Please.

Also, why would I support Thompson when he says that I should support McCain?

Why wouldn't I just support McCain?

Texan4Life
06-13-2007, 03:50 PM
The only real internet support I've seen for Fred Thompson is on sites specifically devoted to neo-conservative thought and ar15.com's forums, which admittedly have a large following.

I check out 2a related forum, thehighroad.org, from time to time. And it seemed to be about 50/50 support for RP and FT. When FT finally tossed his hat in I went over expecting to see a whole list of FT threads... I didn't. I saw a active RP thread though :)