PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't RON PAUL doing this?!!

realtonygoodwin
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/06/06/five-candidates-sign-on-for-iowa-tea-party-bus-tour/

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Was he invited?

but I agree he should do it. Those are a network of tea parties in Iowa and Cain and Bachmann have both been courting them since January.

truthdivides
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
"It’s also meant to push tea party philosophies of adherence to the Constitution, a return to the gold standard, tax reform and a balanced budget, according to the bus tour website."

And yet Ron Paul is the only candidate to offer all 4.

LibertyEagle
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Argh. He should be a part of that.

If the campaign reads here, maybe they will tell us why he isn't.

acptulsa
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
"It’s also meant to push tea party philosophies of adherence to the Constitution, a return to the gold standard, tax reform and a balanced budget, according to the bus tour website."

And yet Ron Paul is the only candidate to offer all 4.

Does anyone here think for a second that either Bachman or Cain would offer any of the four?

This seems to be a clever disguise. And it would seem the people who created it have determined that it's a disguise Ron Paul does not need.

ForLibertyFight
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Who knows why not?

rp08orbust
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Argh. He should be a part of that.

If the campaign reads here, maybe they will tell us why he isn't.

Debbie Hopper reads and posts here, but you can always email a thread link to her to bring an issue to her attention (debh at ronpaul2012.com).

LibertyEagle
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm sure they know about the event. I'm not in the mood to bug her with this.

acptulsa
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I think the odds are 99 44/100% that this astroturf was designed not to facilitate grassroots, but to smother it. About the only mileage we can get out of it is to demonstrate the sheer, unadaulterated hypocracy of the statement truthdivides spotted.

Or does everyone ask a former head of the FRKC to speak at a goldbug rally?

LibertyEagle
06-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I think the odds are 99 44/100% that this astroturf was designed not to facilitate grassroots, but to smother it. About the only mileage we can get out of it is to demonstrate the sheer, unadaulterated hypocracy of the statement truthdivides spotted.

Excellent point.

realtonygoodwin
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
That is something that attracts a lot of people to Herman Cain, that he supports a gold standard... He's kinda famous for it.

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 03:02 PM

There is a genuine network of genuine tea parties in Iowa like the ones in Kentucky. The FIRST thing Bachmann and Cain did was go to them, I have seen it on the web. They have been wooing them since before CPAC. We need to link up with them if staff isn't already doing it. I don't know if this is the same group, but it looks like it.

parocks
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
There is a genuine network of genuine tea parties in Iowa like the ones in Kentucky. The FIRST thing Bachmann and Cain did was go to them, I have seen it on the web. They have been wooing them since before CPAC. We need to link up with them if staff isn't already doing it. I don't know if this is the same group, but it looks like it.

Yes, Ron Paul should be talking to tea parties in Iowa.

notsure
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Has there been any conclusion as to why the campaign isn't participating yet?
I don't know who those people are, or who some people in my very own state are for that matter, but it does look like a good opportunity from my pov.
If it was me, if it was my campaign, and i can get a little excited so I'm just saying, like if this was me. I'd throw the gauntlet down right here. I would see this as a good opportunity to separate myself from the rest of my opponents. Give a good "you offer no change" speech. BAM.
Just fantasizing. But really though, wouldn't this be a good opportunity to speak?

notsure
06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Has there been any conclusion as to why the campaign isn't participating yet?
I don't know who those people are, or who some people in my very own state are for that matter, but it does look like a good opportunity from my pov.
If it was me, if it was my campaign, and i can get a little excited so I'm just saying, like if this was me. I'd throw the gauntlet down right here. I would see this as a good opportunity to separate myself from the rest of my opponents. Give a good "you offer no change" speech. BAM.
Just fantasizing. But really though, wouldn't this be a good opportunity to speak?

Maybe save the "offer no change" speech for the Straw Poll?

:D

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
OK, I found out that the group sponsoring it is a Washington DC based group called "American Principles in Action" which supports various conservative initiatives now. Per open secrets it exclusively supported Carly Fiorini in the 2012 election. At least that is what I think this says: http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/detail.php?cmte=American+Principles+in+Action

I wonder who's behind this?

Here's more about the tour: http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/06/08/tentative-schedule-for-candidates-on-iowa-tea-party-tour/

rp08orbust
06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I went ahead and contacted the campaign about this myself. Ron Paul was invited and they are carefully considering it, but there are factors to consider that they don't want to discuss publicly (I didn't ask what those are).

realtonygoodwin
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
i went ahead and contacted the campaign about this myself. Ron paul was invited and they are carefully considering it, but there are factors to consider that they don't want to discuss publicly (i didn't ask what those are).

+rep

sailingaway
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I went ahead and contacted the campaign about this myself. Ron Paul was invited and they are carefully considering it, but there are factors to consider that they don't want to discuss publicly (I didn't ask what those are).

Thanks. They may have to promise platform items or something. Their call, of course.

satchelmcqueen
06-08-2011, 08:39 PM
i bet they are asking paul to agree to things he doesnt believe in. just my guess.

sailingaway
06-09-2011, 08:57 AM
According to this they would LIKE Ron to be there, but if it means compromising positions, of course, that is something we don't know. http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_1e81a117-db81-5127-8531-3822e1b803bc.html

From the schedule in my earlier link it looks like some candidates such as Bachmann will be at more than one stop. From THIS link it looks like they will be traveling the state training people in caucus procedures.