PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann campaign manager rips Palin

Zatch
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/07/bachmann-campaign-manager-rips-palin-she-has-not-been-serious/

But Rollins, with his own history of playing offense in presidential campaigns, took a few shots at former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who could be a potential rival for Bachmann.

“Sarah has not been serious over the last couple of years,” Rollins said. “She got the vice-presidential thing handed to her. She didn’t go to work in the sense of trying gain more substance. She gave up her governorship. You know, I think Michele Bachmann and others have worked hard. She has been a leader of the Tea Party, which is a very important element here. She’s an attorney, done extraordinary things with family values and what have you. So I think she will connect. She’s a great, great communicator and I would say in the race right [now] today, she is probably the best communicator.”

This was a big mistake on his part. He's assuming Palin's going to run but Palin probably won't run and this might have killed any chances of her endorsing Bachmann.

dean.engelhardt
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/07/bachmann-campaign-manager-rips-palin-she-has-not-been-serious/

This was a big mistake on his part. He's assuming Palin's going to run but Palin probably won't run and this might have killed any chances of her endorsing Bachmann.

OMG the GOP is full of stupid.

Napoleon's Shadow
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Since these two are going for the same constituency base, that may not have been the best move.

acptulsa
06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank God the GOP is full of stupid.

Fixed that for you.

Since these two are going for the same constituency base, that may not have been the best move.

And Lincoln's decision to go to Ford's and see Our American Cousin could conceivably be considered in hindsight to be something slightly less than a wise decision.

LisaNY
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
yeah, he's bashed Palin before: http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/12/01/rollins.palin/

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Rollins has a habit of "critiquing" former employers and other conservative candidates in a profession where that is not very wise.

thehungarian
06-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Another reason for Palin to endorse RP, as I've predicted for a few months now. I am a god damn seer.

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you Rollins.

Just yesterday people on here were all worried that Bachmann had snatched up the 'top talent'. However, there is something big to be said for not associating your name with dicks.

Forget Palin's endorsement. I really like her independent streak, but she endorsed McCain and Fiorini -- her endorsements can be 'team player' sort that endorses a bad candidate, and she will be working for Fox, if she doesn't run. The best I'd hope for where Ron is concerned would be for her maybe to NOT endorse at all, but I doubt we'll have that luxury. But her supporters, many of them, have an independent streak too, and if she doesn't run, we have a lot of overlap.

On the other hand, if the other tea party candidates self destruct so she wouldn't fragment her base, and Ron worked himself into the 'anti Romney' position, who knows?

acptulsa
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
So, Bachman is running on the 'Everyone Loves a Cat Fight' ticket?

Matthew Zak
06-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Question is, would it help or hurt if Palin endorsed Ron Paul?

Aratus
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
lets keep Ron Paul dignified and
being every inch the stateman.
catfights are a lowbrow sport!!!
sarah palin helped rand paul out
when she backed his senate run
and gave him $2000.oo to run on.

thehungarian
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Haven't really thought about that. It would at least get her supporters to look at RP when they may not have before. And it would be a huge media bonanza where RP would be talked about for weeks straight.

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 01:02 PM

Yeah. Besides, the bad guys are the frauds like Cain. If we go after everyone what credibility will we have?

We can discuss policy, of course, I mean if someone likes Bachmann but gets pissed that she voted for the Patriot Act, they belong in our camp, not hers, in any event.

jmdrake
06-07-2011, 01:11 PM

Who said anything about getting Ron involved in a catfight? I see this thread as 1 part "Glad Bachmann got Rollins and not us", 1 part "Rollins shooting his own candidate in the foot and Palin in the foot simultaneously at the same time" and 1 part "catfights may be a lowbrow sport, but they sure are fun to watch". ;)

Seriously though, I think we should all stand up for the dignity of Sarah Palin and call talk radio over the next couple of days asking Ed Rollins to apologize. :)

rich34
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Maybe once things start getting really serious Ron should go after cain and his former employer,i think that would be the guy Ron could take some points from. This is going to be a free for all with everyone going after everyone..

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Question is, would it help or hurt if Palin endorsed Ron Paul?I'd say it might help slightly in winning the nomination, but would probably doom his general election chances, where he has inroads with independents and moderate Democrats. Palin is such a divisive figure, I don't think Dr. Paul needs Palin throwing her negatives on him.

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
This is the sort of thing I've been seeing on twitter, if anyone cares:

Doctor Damocles

Huge mistake!!

RT @eaglesdontflock @PatDollard Only reason for Bachmann to hire Rollins is sabotage or stupidity. Neither are attractive in a Presidential candidate. toast. @michelebachman

TheTyke
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I think it'd help quite a bit. Media coverage, starting the bandwagon process and opening people to Ron far outweigh the negatives, and ALL our resources should be focused on the primary. If we don't win the primary, it's all over.

Yeah the media might use it in the general, but it is an indirect attack AND as Rand's election proved, the media will never be on our side anyway. But hopefully the party machinery will be.

LisaNY
06-07-2011, 06:01 PM
eww this guy sounds like a sleaze: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,979635-1,00.html

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
the media will never be on our side anyway. But hopefully the party machinery will be.From what I've seen, a lot of the GOP machine is against Palin. She gets dismissed on Fox even.

LatinsforPaul
06-07-2011, 06:10 PM

It all depends...

If Paul wins the GOP nomination, it will definitely help her. ;)

sailingaway
06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
From what I've seen, a lot of the GOP machine is against Palin. She gets dismissed on Fox even.

They can't dismiss her supporters, though. I have thought that this might actually be what the bus tour is about, to remind Fox that she doesn't need them.

scrosnoe
06-07-2011, 07:04 PM

we want everyone's endorsement and vote!

scrosnoe
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
keep the target Obama and win the rest of 'em to come go with us as we go -- eyes on the prize!

tell the truth and treat everyone fairly

our candidate is best because of both policy and track record!