PDA

View Full Version : HR1098 - Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011

rp4prez
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Interesting reply from my senator about HR1098 (Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011). Thought I would share.

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011 (H.R. 1098). I appreciate the benefit of your comments.

As you may know, H.R. 1098 was introduced in the House of Representatives on March 15, 2011. This legislation would repeal federal laws allowing for the use of coins, currency, and reserve notes as legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Additionally, H.R. 1098 would also allow for the operation of private mints throughout the country. H.R. 1098 was referred to the House Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology for further consideration. Although similar legislation has not been introduced in the Senate, you may be certain I will keep your views in mind should this or other relevant legislation be considered during the 112th Congress.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

IDefendThePlatform
06-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Wow I was in the middle of typing up a post about this a couple hours ago and got distracted (at work).

Care to share the email you sent? I think this is an incredibly important bill and even if we don't win the primary we should hopefully push to get this passed as hard as possible.

I've also wondered what the protocol is for most representatives as far as how many of their constituent emails they read. I've kinda assumed most just get a daily or weekly tally on how many were for or against certain bills and then maybe a print off of the more thoughtfully composed ones. Anyone with inside knowledge?

Phone number to call your rep and support the Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011 (H.R. 1098):

(202) 224-3121