PDA

View Full Version : America: Home of the Red, White & Red

Harry96
06-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Several people noticed that the red, white and blue flourish in the "a" in "Paul" wasn't reproduced correctly on the merchandise in the campaign's new online store; they only used any two of those colors, with which two varying depending on the piece of merchandise.

That can't be to save money, because the merchandise at the GOP Mall site has the correct red, white and blue flourish, which looks a lot better, and their prices are lower than the official campaign's.

Well, apparently it was deliberate, because I just logged onto the official campaign site for the first time since yesterday, and the flourish in the logo at the top of the page has been changed to red, white and red. WTF? The red, white and blue one looked a LOT better. Maybe they did it because "Ron Paul" is done in blue, but the blue in the original flourish was a completely different shade. And, if they want the font to account for the blue, then the flourish should've been changed to only two stripes: red and white (but I still don't think that'd look as good as the original red, white and blue flourish).

Maybe I obsess over aesthetics too much, but appearance matters, and I wonder what in the world the people who make these kinds of decisions are thinking.

sailingaway
06-06-2011, 11:12 PM
The letters are blue.

The stuff that has it come in bulk for mass distribution like to hundreds even thousands, like rally signs, though. I still think it could be printing, then when we discussed it and put the two logos together, showing they were different, they changed the one on the web page. That is what I thought had happened anyhow.

I honestly don't know which I think is better. I thought the two different blues kind of clashed before. But I'd go with either, or none, too, so maybe I'm not the right person to comment.

Harry96
06-06-2011, 11:18 PM
The letters are blue.

The stuff that has it come in bulk for mass distribution like to hundreds even thousands, like rally signs, though. I still think it could be printing, then when we discussed it and put the two logos together, showing they were different, they changed the one on the web page. That is what I thought had happened anyhow.

I honestly don't know which I think is better. I thought the two different blues kind of clashed before. But I'd go with either, or none, too, so maybe I'm not the right person to comment.

But I addressed that. The GOP Mall has RP merchandise with the red, white and blue flourish -- and their prices are LOWER than the official campaign store's.

http://www.gopmall.com/candidates/president/ron-paul/

Thomas
06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
there were pics of signs with the original logo from one of ron's visits to iowa, but i can't find them

Gage
06-07-2011, 12:07 AM
The American flag doesn't have blue stripes. I think it looks more like the actual flag now.

afwjam
06-07-2011, 12:22 AM
It looks better.