PDA

View Full Version : U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters

doodle
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Why don't we buy American copters for our Afghan freedom brethren and stimulate American war industry and economy?

Russia signs Afghan arms contract with US

Published: May 30 2011

Russia is to supply military helicopters to the US for use in Afghanistan, marking a major arms contract between the former cold war foes.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/daef9fae-8ade-11e0-b2f1-00144feab49a.html#ixzz1OYisEd5q

U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for ...
Jun 19, 2010 ... (Photos: U.S. troops face challenges in Afghanistan). The spectacle of using U.S. taxpayer dollars to buy Russian military products is ...
www.washingtonpost.com › Business › Business Policy - Similar

US to buy Russian helicopters for Afghan air force
Jul 8, 2010 ... The Pentagon plans to buy ten Russian military helicopters for Afghanistan's fledgling air force at a cost of $180 million (£119 million), ...
www.telegraph.co.uk/.../afghanistan/.../US-to-buy-Russian-helicopters-for-Afghan-air-force.html

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2011, 10:17 PM
21 Helicopters for 180 Million comes to 8.57 million per helicopter along with spare parts and training. Type of helicopter was not mentioned.

The US did this same thing a year or three ago, don't know what the big deal is this time.

Why they wouldn't want to sell state of the art US mil choppers should be obvious... ditto why they might want to get a close look at a current soviet bird...

-t

doodle
06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
That is an interesting argu. So Americans are dying for their freedom/democracy/reconstruction because we trust them to have freedom.. but don't trust them to have American made copters.

Very interesting reconstruction strategy.

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2011, 11:48 PM
That is an interesting argu. So Americans are dying for their freedom/democracy/reconstruction because we trust them to have freedom.. but don't trust them to have American made copters.

Very interesting reconstruction strategy.

I think it's more about not wanting the Chinese to have a American made copter.

The is also the recognition factor... "Hay it's one of ours - stand down!"... and then...

-t

Seraphim
06-06-2011, 11:52 PM
The US and Russia have been trading above top secret TIMES TWO files and finished product technologies since the 1950's. A helicopter swap among governments hits a 0.2 on the Richter scale.

tangent4ronpaul
06-07-2011, 01:21 AM
The US and Russia have been trading above top secret TIMES TWO files and finished product technologies since the 1950's. A helicopter swap among governments hits a 0.2 on the Richter scale.

Since the 1950's - I don't think so....

:rolleyes:

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-07-2011, 01:30 AM
WTH? FrankRep did not sound the alarm on this? I am in shock...

I would think if someone was hell bent on ridding the world of evil commies they would catch big ticket items instead of peddling false flag distractions... :eek:

sratiug
06-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Since the 1950's - I don't think so....

:rolleyes:

We gabve them the bomb. As in, THE bomb.