PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help! Big Story in the Works on FNC Bias Against Ron Paul

TheDefender
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Hey Guys,
This is my first post here but I am hoping you can help out.

If any of you have been watching FNC, you have noticed that most coverage of the 2012 GOP race has excluded the mention of Ron Paul. If he does come up, he is normally bashed promptly. The latter may have made more sense in 2008 when he was only polling at 1%-5% nationally, but nearly all polls recently place him less than 7 points from the front runner, and he consistently comes in 3rd.

Since his exposure is much higher this year, even those who don't support him but monitor the media are interested in this. I am a supporter, but I am working with a prominent media reporter to hopefully expose this bias. The reporter is very interested, but he needs a little help.

Please reply back with any and all recent clips (2011) from FNC (no online shows please) that clearly ignore, bash, or misrepresent Ron Paul. It's a lot of work to put all this together, but I can guarantee this will FORCE the media to take notice. It's one thing if 3000 Ron Paul fans email FNC (and others, the story will not single them out) complaining about bias, it's completely different if a major media organization does it.

Please, post links!

Thanks!

PS: Rand fans - the reporter does NOT work for Media Matters! :)

robertwerden
06-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sure people will post clips and stuff, but I would like to point out that every candidate gets slammed during an election. Personally I don't worry about it.

We can sit here and piss and moan about what the media or anyone else is doing to smear or ignore our candidate, but id rather use my free time to slam the competition, especially Obama. While many people here will spend their time defending Ron, I will spend my time flipping it back on Obama and the republican challengers. The last thing I want to be is a whiny baby, crying about how they diss Ron.

TheDefender
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
It's not really that they "diss" Ron, it's that they don't mention Ron.

This is a story about media bias against Ron Paul, plain and simple. Whether it helps get him elected or does nothing, it's news, and it needs to be covered.

Candidates don't get elected without media coverage, and this will get Ron more media coverage. That is why I thought folks here might be interested. I can't mention the name of the organization, but I can promise you that if a compelling case is made, it will get published, and it will get headlines.

LisaNY
06-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi Defender,

Here's one off the top of my head: Bill O'Reilly: "Will Ron Paul Destroy the Republican Party?"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279815-Bill-O-reilly-quot-Will-Ron-Paul-Destroy-The-Republican-Party-quot

And another, Bill O'reilly calls Ron Paul dumb:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?292790-Video-Bill-quot-O-Reilly-Calls-Ron-Paul-Dumb&highlight=bill+oreilly

I'm sure there's more but I actually stopped watching FNC because of their bias toward Ron. From what I've heard the main issue so far is they aren't even mentioning his name when discussing the 2012 candidates.

p.s. - I personally love this idea! Please let me know when it's ready - In the meantime, I'll try to find some more clips for your project.

Captain Shays
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Defender,

I have started a thread about this very thing. Not specifically Fox but the so called "conservative" media in general. I listen here in Philly to WPHT 1210 am and WNTP 990 am. They BOTH ignore Ron Paul. They will often mention "the Republican field" or the "Republican candidates" and go on to list them and EVERY TIME exclude the name of Ron Paul. This just isn't FOX doing it, it's the Republican elites.
My guess is that even though the present day Tea Party Movement is a shadow of what it was when it was born out of Ron Paul's 2008 election bid they saw us coming up on their heels and they saw the money we were raising and the support Ron Paul had on college campuses and with the military and with the average Joe. They accused us of spamming polls and debates but they KNEW that wasn't the truth.
EVERYONE has noticed the power and influence of the Tea Party Movement. Many of the "conservative" TV and radio hosts who HATE Ron Paul or systematically marginalize him all of a sudden were gung ho on the Tea Party and even claimed to be Tea Party members. But those of us who were here when the Tea Party was born KNEW that those TV and radio hosts mocked Ron Paul's foreign policy and down played his position on the Federal Reserve.
Their response was to hijack the Tea Party and water it down and insert issues that distracted from Ron Paul's main issues--the Federal Reserve and the military industrial complex/policing the world. Two of the most lucrative and power grabbing, government growing entities in the world. The two issues that the power brokers WILL NOT give up easily and or without a fight to the death. This is why many of us felt in the last election that if Ron Paul got too close to the nomination there would be an assassination attempt on his life. I know this all sounds conspiratorial but I think deep down we all know that those who control our money supply have a tight grip and way too much influence. We perceive that influence in the policies and decisions that politicians make. We KNOW how much money is wrapped up in the military industrial complex which comprises some 35% of our GNP which is measured in terms of $TRILLIONS so it logically follows that there is a group of people who0 have a financial interest in keeping us in a constant state of conflict or near conflict. That's why John D, Rockefeller said "we (the bankers) make more money in one day of war than we do in one year of peace". We also KNOW the influence of those same bankers on the mainstream media constructs through the Council on Foreign Relations and we would be fools if we ignored it.

"The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining super capitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."
Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976, killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets

"We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."
David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers.

"An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers."
U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."
Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

"Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure."
Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

"Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."
Senator William Jenner, 1954

"The Council on Foreign Relations is "the establishment." Not only does it have influence and power in key decision-making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also announces and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship."
Former Congressman John Rarick 1971

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
-- Leading Nazi leader, Hermann Goering, at the Nuremberg Trials before he was sentenced to death

"Our job is to give people not what they want, but what we decide they ought to have."
-- Richard Salent, Former President CBS News.

"One cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda."
-- General Douglas MacArthur

"The Federal Reserve Banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen. There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this Nation is run by the International Bankers."
--Congressman Louis T. McFadden (Rep. Pa)

Listen. Some may call me a conspiracy nut but that puts me in the company of those whom I just quoted above. You may also doubt all or some of this, but I have been at this a long time and I think clearly and this is what you're getting in to. There is NO DOUBT in anybody's mind that the media has a huge amount of influence. They can make or break ANY candidacy. They do it in EVERY election to third party candidates simply by ignoring them. They are treating Ron Paul like a third party candidate right now. Keep this in mind for all those who think he should run as a third party candidate. If you think it's bad now, just wait til he declares that he's no longer a Republican and running as an independent, Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidate.

But it boils down to the simplest forms of common sense. Ron Paul stands against the two most powerful entities on the planet. So when we hear "Ron Paul won't win" that's not a prediction based in numbers derived from political science equations. It's a self fulfilling prophesy. They will make sure he won't win by simply ignoring him or marginalizing him if they do mention him.

What this also means, is that Ron Paul is the ONLY ONE we should support for he is the biggest threat to those who are this country's biggest threat.

Bern
06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks for you efforts here Defender. A lot has been posted here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?305-Media-Spin